Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria (49996 Views)

David Alaba Presents His Jersey To President Tinubu In Paris / Dickson Nwakaeme: Samson Siasia Asked Me To Pay Bribe For Beijing 2008 / David Alaba Visits Super Eagles Camp In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 04, 2019
MrThisandthat:
Idiot... Why u no talk since Mtscheww!

U must be a buhari supporter

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 04, 2019
Better for you bro
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Akuruoulo(m): 11:05pm On May 04, 2019
Anybody whom NIGERIA rejected must be great, but anyone who rejects Nigeria must be doomed (Jordan I've, agbonlahor, Ross Barkley is fading away, So Ali dele an co should be careful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by omoteacher(m): 11:07pm On May 04, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

It's even worse now because it's your agent that is making the dirty runs now. All naija age grade coach collect huge bribe, that's why they don't care if NFF doesn't pay them. Remember John Ogbuh under 17 which we hosted, the youngest in that team should be 35 years. Okoro (little Messi) then should be 40 years old then. The media did called them " Ogbuh and his men". Every where is corruption in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by donbenie(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:
grin

We won the World Cup without you. grin

Unfortunately, Chrisantus faded faster than a fart. tongue

I am sure David Alaba is one of the few still active in that squad.
We won with a bunch of old men,

By far the oldest under 17 Nigeria ever presented..

It was so glaring against Haiti in the group stage,being fellow blacks, that it was embarrassing..

2 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by persius555(m): 11:20pm On May 04, 2019
Very true. A lot of the players who featured that year had to part with 250,000 naira at the camp in ibadan. We didnt field the best but we won the tournament and today that generation of players have vanished.

What corruption has done to this country cannot be imagined

3 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by zinizta: 11:25pm On May 04, 2019
Ihutomi:
is coming late oh,tella don die oh we for ask am

Guess who was Tella's assistant coach to the 2007 world cup? MANU GARBA!!!!!!! The current u17 coach...no wonder they were playing rubbish in Tanzania.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by oduademonest: 11:28pm On May 04, 2019
Corruption in the national team, that is why we have only Yiiebos playing for the country

2 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by zinizta: 11:29pm On May 04, 2019
God bless Emmanuel Amuneke...
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 11:30pm On May 04, 2019
Yoruba with corruption
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 04, 2019
When i said the average Nigerian is Corrupt to the teeth, and NPF Is just a reflection of the average Nigerian they thought i was supporting the evil done by them. Even these ones will still shout that police is Corrupt

4 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by zinizta: 11:31pm On May 04, 2019
oduademonest:
Corruption in the national team, that is why we have only Yiiebos playing for the country

That's nepotism... Well it is part of it.... Man know man... But Amuneke has been exceptional he picked quality players even if he was a lil bias but for discovering osimhen and chuwueze, you can't speak any ill of him.
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Rexnegro(m): 11:34pm On May 04, 2019
imagine
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by viktagorion: 11:49pm On May 04, 2019
This country tire pesin...

Corrupt eleribu everywhere.
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by CheedyJ(m): 11:56pm On May 04, 2019
Nbote:
Dats why we have all sorts of shitty players wearing d super Eagles jersey. Na who get leg and cash pass dey get call up. Except for d already established ones
True bro.. Remember Uchebo aka flavour? DAT guy is one of d worst footballer I av seen yet,he played for d super Eagles at d world cup..anyways, diz things happen everywhere..

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by klever18(m): 12:03am On May 05, 2019
na our way to be that

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Billyanger(m): 12:39am On May 05, 2019
But I thought Nigerians are only known for yahoo!? grin

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by adekunle0000: 12:49am On May 05, 2019
Just watch how the Afonjas will tactically pretend not to see where it was explicitly written that Yemi Tella was in charge of the team as at that time.

AFONJA AND HYPOCRISY IS LIKE 5&6.

Someone should please help me with that Jacob Zuma's meme

2 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by bolajjjjjj247(m): 12:49am On May 05, 2019
My set too for u 17 na the same thing ganiyu salami them all the demand bribe. He only picked mikel obi and two others after plateau utd feeders embarrassed his paid u -17 team 4-0 during a friendly, that was the one time he selected on merit. So the scourge has been there for long na make God help us all.
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by calddon(m): 12:56am On May 05, 2019
And thats how Nigeria keeps losing good players.

I love this guys style of play, let me go n buy him sef in fifa 19 manager mode

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 12:59am On May 05, 2019
NONSENSE! I CALL BS ON THIS ONE!! angry

When the Alaba Nigeria saga first emerged years ago (and it has been previously told SEVERAL TIMES before now), it was that he was asked to pay his own way to the U17 Eaglets' camp because the NFF does not pay for foreign-based (or foreign-born) players to come and try out for the U15 or U17 teams (and btw I personally happen to think it's a good policy because this country is brimming with young talent just looking for a break and/or opportunities). Accordingly, when Ovie Ejaria of Liverpool (who was then at the Arsenal academy), and one other foreign-born player whose name presently escapes me, came to try out for the 2013 U17 team that won the World Cup in the UAE, he paid his own way (and eventually had to leave early to return to the academy because the Eaglets' camp last for several months. Same thing when Lateef Omidiji came last year (2018) to try out for the U15 squad and again this year (2019) for for the U17 squad (he made the former but not the latter).

The worst thing about this particular BEER PARLOR RUMOR is that the late Coach Yemi Tella (of the 2007 team), who had about as upstanding a professional reputation (as a lecturer at the National Institute of Sports) is not alive to defend his honor and reputation. .
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by SoNature(m): 1:17am On May 05, 2019
Nbote:

Dats why we have all sorts of shitty players wearing d super Eagles jersey Na who get leg and cash pass dey get call up. Except for d already established ones

That's not true.
Nigeria internationals are mostly average players.
If you are outstanding, NFF will go and beg you to play for Nigeria.
Remember what happened in the time of Obafemi Martins.
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 1:25am On May 05, 2019
BTW when this tale was first told here on Nairaland SIX YEARS AGO in 2013, there was NOTHING about 'bribe'... cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1302846/why-dont-play-nigeria-david

Why I Don't Play For Nigeria - David Alaba by airmark(m): 12:09am On May 26, 2013

BAYERN Munich youngster, David Alaba, says he should have been playing representative football for Nigeria but was denied by stringent eligibility rule by football officials in the country.

Alaba, whose father is Nigerian and of Filipino mother, plays for Austrian national team but only after he has been turned down by Nigeria.

The defender said he actually planned to join Nigeria's cadet team which won the 2007 FIFA World Youth Championship at South Korea but words reached him of his ineligibilty

''I wanted to play for Nigeria but I must confess that there was no formal approach for me. A scout actually discussed that with me. I was excited because of my dad, he was a fan of Sunday Oliseh when Oliseh played for FC Koln. As a kid, I loved to watch Victor Agali in the jersey of Hansa Rostock,'' he told an Austrian news medium.

However, Alaba was shocked when told by the scout that Nigeria had plans mainly for its home-grown talents.

'' I got the information that Nigeria will only consider those who were in the country perhaps because of travelling logistics and that is the end of that
."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1124460_alaba_jpge90ebb226c903956e4cba96e45342506

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/sports/7508-why-i-dumped-nigeria-david-alaba.html%EF%BB%BF

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 1:36am On May 05, 2019
Meanwhile, here's David repping with the Nigeria flag when Bayern won the UEFA Champions League a few years back... cool
His sister, who reportedly is something of a big pop star back in Austria, was in Nigeria not that long ago seeking out Afrobeats' producers.

2 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Antichristus: 2:52am On May 05, 2019
"Nigeria is one of the most fantastically corrupt in the world."

- David Cameron.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by 9isguy(m): 3:07am On May 05, 2019
Corruption everywhere; that was how I was denied my chances of playing the final game that will result to screening of players going to Dubai (according to the coaches) simply bcoz I have no money; after emerging as one of the best players all through the local competition.

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by SamuelObodo111: 3:37am On May 05, 2019
It's terrible
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 4:47am On May 05, 2019
9isguy:
Corruption everywhere; that was how I was denied my chances of playing the final game that will result to screening of players going to Dubai (according to the coaches) simply bcoz I have no money; after emerging as one of the best players all through the local competition.

grin grin grin
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by megacity: 5:15am On May 05, 2019
Yemi Tella'a team played fantastic football and also won the 2007 u-17 world cup. They had excellent players in virtually in all positions and played amazing football. Unfortunately most of the players were not helped to develop

Players improve, chances are Alaba was not better than the players that made the team back then

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 5:35am On May 05, 2019
In this country we need a strict leader honestly that take nonesense. That’s the only way everybody will sit up and do their jobs correctly.

Laxity and irresponsibility is too damn much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mourinho Releases Statement Following Manchester United Sack / Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup / The Moment Pogba Crashed Lukaku And Rashford Interview After Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.