Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,217 members, 7,853,149 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:54 AM

Can The North Secede? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Secede? (9783 Views)

Biafra: Buhari Pushing Igbo To Secede From Nigeria – Ezeife / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ohanaeze Chief Threatens Igbo Will Secede If Marginalised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
Let him go rule Federal Republic of Bayelsa. ugly  dumb Bleep.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Gnexplore: 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2010
are u sure they can survive on groundnuts? , for without Crude oil , there will not likes of IBB,

But the truth is that Western countries via Oil Companies prefer to deal with Northerners , than Southerns , least of which Ibos
as they Might re-negotiate all the NNPC oil contracts with Multinational Oil companies.

Allthough, the activities of Religious Nutheads, are making the West have a second thought,  
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

Let him go rule Federal Republic of Bayelsa. ugly  dumb bleep.

Sorry, [size=14pt]but he is ruling you[/size] cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin.
If you threaten to secede, we will allow you go, throw a big party and mark that day for remembrance. . . as you wonder into the desert, hungry with no oil to sip and get drunk.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
He is ruling by our Grace
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2010
Do you think if a northerner was the vice president, he would have waited nine months before taking over
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
Yes the can survive on groundnuts. Nigeria was surving on groundnuts,cocoa and rubber before oil was discovered
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

He is ruling by our Grace

Who cares about your grace? It is a democracy to which your elite contribute nothing but red eyed almajiri's, primed to kill for the price of a cup of kunu.

[size=21pt]He is ruling you![/size]
Anyway, I thought you wanted to secede because you can't stand that thought. Why not just go ahead na? Why the long talk from "doing people?" shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

Yes the can survive on groundnuts. Nigeria was surving on groundnuts,cocoa and rubber before oil was discovered

When I check my history, the Royal Niger Company only dealt in slaves and Oil Palm. . . No groundnuts or cocoa.
In any event, check where rubber grows. There is none in the core North, neither is there cocoa and NEITHER IS THERE GROUNDNUT, COS EVERYONE IS SIPPING OIL. . . Its the new cocaine, thats why una no wan secede. grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
Beaf is just clutching on to straws using words like "we" "your"

You think the Europeans and Americans see things the way you  love to see it? To them black is black, you can be the fairest Igbo in the land, you are still considered black, and when you are from Nigeria, they paint you with that Nigerian brush no matter what part of the land you are from.

If something happened to you, you will be the first to cry out racism from a white person who might regard all blacks as being the same. You will be the one trying to show them that not all blacks are as they have been stereotyped. You will be out there calling them ignorant for painting all blacks with the same brush.

Yet, you are here doing the same, regarding everyone from the North as the same. Now who is the bigot here?
At least most of these whites don't blame others when things go wrong, they make things happen and work hard to achieve that.
Re: Can The North Secede? by M16: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ruling . what does he know bout ruling. Turai knows more bout ruling that that Arrow. what could he do without Aliyu Gusau, Yayale and Sambo. A child with a toy. which is about to be seized back. your history. you  definitely deluded. elementary geography and social studies is beyond you and you talk bout history

Bet you are a product of the same educational institution as Dumbluck
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2010
salamsm:

Beaf is just clutching on to straws using words like "we" "your"

You think the Europeans and Americans see things the way you  love to see it? To them black is black, you can be the fairest Igbo in the land, you are still considered black, and when you are from Nigeria, they paint you with that Nigerian brush no matter what part of the land you are from.

If something happened to you, you will be the first to cry out racism from a white person who might regard all blacks as being the same. You will be the one trying to show them that not all blacks are as they have been stereotyped. You will be out there calling them ignorant for painting all blacks with the same brush.

Yet, you are here doing the same, regarding everyone from the North as the same. Now who is the bigot here?
At least most of these whites don't blame others when things go wrong, they make things happen and work hard to achieve that.

Dude, if you check you will find that I have always said "core North." Or are you pretending not to understand what that means? For your info, I know most parts of the North like the back of my hand. I know what is Middle Belt, North East and Core North. Ok?

Please don't manufacture stories, anyone can read through the thread and see for themselves, truth has a way of sticking out. grin
Re: Can The North Secede? by Obiagu1(m): 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2010
I anxiously await Southern Sudan referendum to succeed. If it goes well, could be a model for the rest of African States that want to secede. Southern Sudan’s secession involves sharing of oil revenue with the North.

This model could appeal to Northern Nigeria to secede provided their share of oil revenue is guaranteed by the UN.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
M16:

Ruling . what does he know bout ruling. Turai knows more bout ruling that that Arrow. what could he do without Aliyu Gusau, Yayale and Sambo. A child with a toy. which is about to be seized back. your history. you  definitely deluded. elementary geography and social studies is beyond you and you talk bout history

Bet you are a product of the same educational institution as Dumbluck

Dude, you will soon explode o! Chai! Any doctor in the house?
Instead of seceding, you de vex?!!! shocked shocked shocked
Secede na! Olodo!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2010
Obiagu1 are you really that daft, you think everything is about oil. Maybe you should lead Nigeria, I bet first thought will be to enrich yourself and your family,
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2010
Beef please do educate us on what is core north?

I very much doubt that you know about the North, or else you won't been spitting out such absolute drivel
Re: Can The North Secede? by Beaf: 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2010
salamsm:

Beef please do educate us on what is core north?

I very much doubt that you know about the North, or else you won't been spitting out such absolute drivel

Are you sure you are Nigerian? The best I can do is provide you with reading matter, until you shock yourself out of voluntary amnesia; http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=core+north+nigeria&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Re: Can The North Secede? by chyz(m): 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2010
I can't wait till the north gets Arewa Republic.Northerners are known to turn deserts into grasslands grin.Anyways they can practice sharia to its highest extremity.
Re: Can The North Secede? by ibibiogrl: 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
@MaziUche0
We don't find many Ibibios in this part. How far? I am half Ibibio. . . Do you speak Ibibio.

Yep!  Abadie? Ato uke ke nke ibibio?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Obiagu1(m): 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
salamsm:

Obiagu1 are you really that daft, you think everything is about oil. Maybe you should lead Nigeria, I bet first thought will be to enrich yourself and your family,

Everything is oil to an average northerner; that’s what keeps them in Nigeria. As for me, don’t let me get close to power else Rawlings' case would be a child’s play.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 22, 2010
salamsm:

It is about oil, without it the north would not be a part of nigeria today.
Re: Can The North Secede? by amazonia(m): 3:04am On Sep 22, 2010
It is true, the Hausa/Fulanis Muslim only still consider themselves Nigerians because
of Oil revenues benefits to them. Otherwise, by all practical purposes they have shown
disdain for others. And unwillingness to intergrate.They have no respect for the constitution.
They value their sharia constitution more.I have never been to the north, i learnt that
southerners in the north are segregated and limited to one section of town call sambo.
If that is true, we certainly are not one nation. With this type of orientations 100 to1000yrs
from now,future generations we still have this same problems.
So, one can say the North already have its separations, but unwilling to give up it occupied
land and people of the south. They are not interested in proselytizing the south. They persecuted
and killed southern Muslims as they do the Christians.Their ideal situation is to ethnically cleanse
all other groups to create eurika moments for Allah.Just like their brothers in Sudan is doing in
Danfur. North please officially call it over. We know that it has never been. And we will never
be able to perfect our union because of your intolerance of others.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Dede1(m): 3:24am On Sep 22, 2010
If north secedes, it will probably be better than south that houses Yoruba and Igbo. Ndigbo must declare republic if north secedes. And for those idiots making jokes about north and groundnut, crude oil exploration in the Southern Protectorate would have been abandoned without the money deposited by the northern region after both western and eastern regions declared empty treasury for the project.
Re: Can The North Secede? by MaziUche0(m): 3:31am On Sep 22, 2010
We all know the West does not want to deal with Igbos concerning oil. shocked

Igbo man would notice that we are getting cheated and demand more. Give a big headache to the multinational corporations.
Re: Can The North Secede? by MaziUche0(m): 3:36am On Sep 22, 2010
ibibiogrl:

@MaziUche0
Yep!  Abadie? Ato uke ke nke ibibio?

Idem asong! Aba die? Akere die? My Ibibio name is Edim. I speak both Igbo and Ibibio fluently.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 22, 2010
At least we all know that Northerner will not kill his own brother or friend over money. Most people here talk about oil, I guess we have seen what poverty can do to some. Instead of finding ways to work hard and make money, you are here looking for easy way out as always. The Nigerian way.

Well If it wasn't about oil, Nigeria won't be in such a state it is today.

Beaf is sending me a google search on core-north and telling me to read up on it. I can as well do that.I want to know you own understanding and not some search results from google uk. I also noticed that those articles are news stories and not history.

I expect you to be smarter that that since you seem to know whats wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Ayowumie(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2010
salamsm:

davidylan:

It is about oil, without it the north would not be a part of nigeria today.

I also have the sentiment that without oil, the North might probably have nothing to do with the Union called Nigeria. They would have gone their ways as far as the 70s.
To an ordinary Northerner, every thing is all about politics. And politics in Nigeria today is being sustained by oil money. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED
Re: Can The North Secede? by anonimi: 8:37am On Sep 22, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Can The North Secede? by estatemark(m): 8:55am On Sep 22, 2010
It will suicidal for the north to secede simply because the chances of a northern is not so bright, why can them concentrate on getting a sellable candidates, Nigerians both at home and abroad are tied of the old regime
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2010
@ bluetooth, it is wrong to leave something or somewhere that doesn't favor one?
Re: Can The North Secede? by Litmus: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2010
Hope not.

The North has huge potential. Who knows, if and when oil ceases to be the revenue earner that it is, we in the south may come to relay on the north.
Besides  that, Nigeria would no longer have clout or potential for clout in the world without the North.
Re: Can The North Secede? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 22, 2010
Beaf:

When I check my history, the Royal Niger Company only dealt in slaves and Oil Palm. . . No groundnuts or cocoa.
In any event, check where rubber grows. There is none in the core North, neither is there cocoa and NEITHER IS THERE GROUNDNUT, COS EVERYONE IS SIPPING OIL. . . Its the new cocaine, thats why una no wan secede. grin
You need to go back and check that history book of yours that is misleading you. . .did Awolowo achieve anything with oil wealth ? No.his achievements came from proceeds from cocoa and other investments,so stop generalizing as if south west would suffer if there is no oil.
Re: Can The North Secede? by yabadabado: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2010
common people' , we  can't survive on  our own.
the yoruba can't  seem to agree and they  say  is the AFONJA curse .  the ibos  can't  seem to  agree too .  this some blame on the love of money i.e someone is  always willing  and ready to collect money in order to scuttle the plan or ambition on some other kinsmen. the people of the niger delta would finished themselve at the slightest opportunity and u  would see another replay of the Nigeria's nollywood drama as Ijaw people dominating the other minorities group ,they would start fighting for land ,oil  bloc  etc  and before you say  ALAMAYSIEYA , tribes with start the sort of  conflicts that we have seen in the past  in that region.
NO DOUBT, the core north would  suffer in the short run but they always seem to agree so they can always solve their problems with the  RANKADEDE approach . the north central/middle belt would move on/ away from the shadow of the core north because they are now wiser with the help of obasanjo . i spent more that a year there and most of them want out cus there are a lot of christians and non hausa people there . eg state like benue,plateau, taraba,adamawa, etc . tribes like jukun,tivs, taroks, berom,kwalla  etcs.

Ha,  the north needs people in the south to eat their meat and  other consumable  agric produce , \the ibos, the enterprenuerial strength of nigeria needs the milllions of people to dominated and excellence ,the yoruba needs the plurality  in the nation to see beyond  it own plurality , other tribes needs the the three big  tribes to be bigger than the small  tribes obtainable else where.  SOUTH CAMEROUN OPTED OUT SOME TIME IN THE PAST .  QUESTION:is their life better than people in nigeria?  Obafemi awolowo is for me the greatest national hero  for me eventhough am not from his place doing thing that no other national hero did like , first TV station in western nigerian even before switzerland and france, free education for all , acquired a nuclear site for a nuclear energy as far back as the 70s ,the university of IFE then had proposed airport and other facilities that would have seen the light of day, UNI ibadan was the extension of  oxford  so to speak,induatrial/residential estate like no other in the whole of africa etc that is  why his people would still be using awoist style for political leverage decades after his demise. no other tribe is using their own hero like this man is being used.    
THIS MAN STILL DID NOT LEAD HIS PEOPLE OUT OF NIGERIA , maybe for personal reason or otherwise

WHAT WE NEED IS A NATIONAL CONFERENCE TO AGREE ON SOME CERTAIN THINGS BOTHERING EACH  TRIBE  and with a  good president we could have that, no need for seceding  tribes drama.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Massive Protest For The Arrest Of Tinubu On Going In Abuja / 2023: APC States Denying Us Use Of Public Facilities, PDP Campaign Cries Out / Lagos Targets Churches, Mosques In 2012 Tax Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.