Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders (20335 Views)

Ugwuanyi Offers Automatic Employment To Christian Chukwu’s Son / Governor Dickson Cries Over His Mother, Goldcoast Dickson's Death. Photos / Topless Women Protest Against Governor Dickson In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by tsfisheriesm: 12:04pm On May 04, 2019
Priscy01:
Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has offered automatic employment to all PhD holders of the state origin, as well as those from other Ijaw-speaking states in the country, Igbere Tv reports.

The governor said beneficiaries of the offer included Ijaw from Ondo, Edo, Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

The state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Daniel Iworiso-Markson, said in a statement on Friday that Dickson made the announcement while inaugurating the Committee for the Employment of PhD holders across Ijaw land.

The move comes a few weeks after the governor made a similar gesture for all first-class graduates of the state origin. He said the PhD holders to be employed would be deployed in the various state-owned tertiary institutions, including the Niger Delta University, the University of Africa, the Bayelsa Medical University, the College of Education and the Bayelsa State Polytechnic.

According to Dickson, the PhD holders’ employment, including those in the Diaspora, is part of the ongoing efforts of the government to reposition the state’s education sector and make it more viable.

The statement said the committee was headed by the Secretary to the State Government, Kemela Okara, and that those interested could apply through the committee for immediate employment.

SOURCE; http://igberetvnews.com/624766/breaking-gov-dickson-offers-automatic-employment-to-all-ijaw-phd-holders/

what about those that married ijaw women and they have PhD can they also apply?
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Lawalemi(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2019
Maybe Ogun State should do same
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Fenifavour: 12:06pm On May 04, 2019
[
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 04, 2019
scholes0:
Since he is doing ethnic based appointment, I think he should kuku complete the process by also advising the Ijaws especially those in Edo, Itsekiriland and Ondo to return to Bayelsa, since that is actually where the vast majority of them migrated out from before coming to settle in those other states..
senseless talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by mark1010: 12:07pm On May 04, 2019
Ignorance is your sickness
Greenarrow01:
This is craziness .. Is he just trying to score a cheap political point or what.
Cos there should be a need for a post, before you can employ.. Imagine the state having 500plus PhD holders and all are employed on 200k to do almost nothing.
I just dont even understand.. How can you say you are giving appointment to all PhD holders. No selection process nothing... Both mathematics PhD holders, PhD in Igbo language, PhD in performing arts etc.
Some MSC students and even bsc holders are even better than the PhD guys.
I am not hating thou..

1 Like

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by DelphiOracle(m): 12:08pm On May 04, 2019
Greenarrow01:
This is craziness .. Is he just trying to score a cheap political point or what.
Cos there should be a need for a post, before you can employ.. Imagine the state having 500plus PhD holders and all are employed on 200k to do almost nothing.
I just dont even understand.. How can you say you are giving appointment to all PhD holders. No selection process nothing... Both mathematics PhD holders, PhD in Igbo language, PhD in performing arts etc.
I am not hating thou..
so are u saying that PhD in Igbo language or any other language is not worth it

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 04, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
can't you read ni sir? Only ijaws with PhD should apply. Simple as 123 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Luvinghubby: 12:08pm On May 04, 2019
scholes0:
Since he is doing ethnic based appointment, I think he should kuku complete the process by also advising the Ijaws especially those in Edo, Itsekiriland and Ondo to return to Bayelsa, since that is actually where the vast majority of them migrated out from before coming to settle in those other states..

Stop hating!
Bayelsa is not the ancestral home of the ijaws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Ugo4hotish(m): 12:09pm On May 04, 2019
what about ijaws from Imo State

1 Like

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 04, 2019
hby6y7y:
For latest Free RELATIONSHIP TIPS , WORLD News, Gist, Phone Reviews, Business and Blogging Tips.
77 SEX POSITIONS THAT WILL BLOW HIS MIND AND DESTROY HIS PENIS SEE VIDEOS AND PICTURES

[/b]

[b]

[b][/b]

The Site is Updated Everyday, we promise you won’t get Bored.

May your soul be saved.... Amen
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by tsfisheriesm: 12:13pm On May 04, 2019
Ugo4hotish:
what about ijaws from Imo State
plz explain
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Burgerlomo: 12:17pm On May 04, 2019
Nofavorss:
Can I apply? shocked

Qualify first, then apply and you're good to go period cool
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Parko(m): 12:28pm On May 04, 2019
Greenarrow01:
I am not hating thou..
See the way u carry the matter put for your head, is the initiative a bad idea

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by wunaESQ(m): 12:30pm On May 04, 2019
Nofavorss:
I’m Ijaw and very close to having my Phd. Am I qualified?
nearly does not kill a bird
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by writeprof(m): 12:36pm On May 04, 2019
Priscy01:
Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has offered automatic employment to all PhD holders of the state origin, as well as those from other Ijaw-speaking states in the country, Igbere Tv reports.

The governor said beneficiaries of the offer included Ijaw from Ondo, Edo, Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

The state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Daniel Iworiso-Markson, said in a statement on Friday that Dickson made the announcement while inaugurating the Committee for the Employment of PhD holders across Ijaw land.

The move comes a few weeks after the governor made a similar gesture for all first-class graduates of the state origin. He said the PhD holders to be employed would be deployed in the various state-owned tertiary institutions, including the Niger Delta University, the University of Africa, the Bayelsa Medical University, the College of Education and the Bayelsa State Polytechnic.

According to Dickson, the PhD holders’ employment, including those in the Diaspora, is part of the ongoing efforts of the government to reposition the state’s education sector and make it more viable.

The statement said the committee was headed by the Secretary to the State Government, Kemela Okara, and that those interested could apply through the committee for immediate employment.

SOURCE; http://igberetvnews.com/624766/breaking-gov-dickson-offers-automatic-employment-to-all-ijaw-phd-holders/

A great move indeed
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 04, 2019
Burgerlomo:

Qualify first, then apply and you're good to go period cool
My guy my guy cheesy
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 04, 2019
wunaESQ:

nearly does not kill a bird
Get out
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by ken6488(m): 12:38pm On May 04, 2019
cheesy for all tribalist if you can't read ...

This is what he meant

1. Ijaw only

2. Bayelsa only

Shikina
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by sykeng(m): 12:39pm On May 04, 2019
Greenarrow01:
I am not hating thou..

How can they employ them to do nothing, he said they are to be employed in various tertiary institutions in the state, the institutions have various faculties and departments, so, they must fit-in in one way or the other. Again, all state tertiary institutions in Nigeria are understaffed. why did you come to conclusion that some B.Sc and M.Sc holder are better than Ph.d holders? Anyone you see that has attain that height academically duff your cap for him. PhD nor be beans.

10 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by AgentGoat: 12:39pm On May 04, 2019
Greenarrow01:
I am not hating thou..

You are not hating. What is now your problem?
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by PLATOCENTRIC(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2019
It is a kind gesture.He is accountable to the bayelsan and not to entire nigeria.
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by writeprof(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2019
tsfisheriesm:

They qualify of course. So far they meet the two major criteria- they are Ijaws and PhD holders. However, they should be ready to relocate if they live outside Bayelsa.
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by wunaESQ(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2019
Nofavorss:
Get out
AM OUT
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by writeprof(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2019
Lawalemi:
Maybe Ogun State should do same

All our States should do it.
Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Donemmy(m): 12:47pm On May 04, 2019
Greenarrow01:
I am not hating thou..
Phd is not PGD Bro.
Greenarrow01:
I am not hating thou..
Phd is not PGD Bro.
Greenarrow01:
I am not hating thou..
Phd is not PGD Bro.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To All Ijaw Phd Holders by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 04, 2019
MyGeneration:
No offense. But this is tribalism in display.

But wetin concern me
How? So he should employ those from other tribes without considering his own?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi & Datti Land In Sokoto For LP Presidential Campaign Rally (Pictures) / Economy Has Stopped Working, Labour Tells Buhari / Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.