Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? (1206 Views)

Pls Guys How Do I Subscribe 2 BB Plan On My Tecno D5..pls M New 2 Android / Plz Help Me.how Do I Subscribe To A Bb Plan On A New Tecno N7 / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by Wilfem(m): 5:34pm On May 02, 2007
I want to subscribe for Internet access from any of these Mobile phone operators and I've not yet made up my mind on the one to choose, but I'll prefer one that performs and functions better:
Multilinks, Starcomms or "O"net?

I resides in Ibadan. Please kindly advise me on the one to subscribe to out of the three. Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by Aproko(f): 6:26pm On May 02, 2007
starcomms. cos their internet is not so bad and its cheaper than multi links.besides there are a lot of people on the starcomms network so you can get to make free weekend calls also.

dont know about 'o'.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by abelin78(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2007
'O'net is not doing bad too.I know of a friend that uses it.Not marketing for 'em sha wink
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by edmondo(m): 10:22pm On May 02, 2007
starcomms is not bad at all cos dat is wot am using.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by showbobo(m): 1:13am On May 03, 2007
i have tried both starcomms and multilinks but starcomms is better i think.the only disadvantage is that u cant add contact on yahoo messenger but its cheaper than multilinks anyway
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by mekoyo(m): 9:09am On May 03, 2007
Multilinks. That is what i am using and their service is very cheap. With any amount on your phone you can browse. Its fast , much faster than starcomms and easy to set up.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by Matured26(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2007
Oo Boy, the best na starcomms jo. The only disadvantage is what has been stated earlier that u can't add contacts to ur yahoo messenger.
The problem with multilinks is that u will be buying recharge card to browse. To me that is crap.
And O net just starting, no wide coverage like the two others.
Stick with starcomms and ur life would not remain the same.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by Wilfem(m): 3:14pm On May 03, 2007
I really appreciate and thanked you all for your responses. And from what I've read and seen so far, I think I'll subscribe to Starcomms. I even saw one of their adverts on the newspaper that if one buys the fixed wireless phone that is sold for N14,950, one will get 1 month free Internet access, But I don't know how true it is or if it is applicable to their users in Ibadan. Anyway, I've made up my mind and by the grace of God, I'll get it latest this weekend.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by sluvy4tune(m): 1:57am On May 04, 2007
thnx bros i think starcomms is d best 4 now cos dats wat i use. u can add contact to ur yahoo messenger list jus re install ur yahoo messenger cos it wasnt properly configure during ur installation
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by igbonla(m): 9:09pm On May 04, 2007
Please share your experience with Starcomms after using it for about 1 month.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by drogba(m): 9:45am On May 06, 2007
i have both star and multi. i can confidently say that star is faster than multi. i get download prefer of 8kb on star and 4kb on multi.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by Wilfem(m): 8:45pm On May 06, 2007
You have all spoken wisely, and once again, I express my sincere apreciation for all your contributions. God will continually increase you all wisdom, knowledge and understanding in all your endaevours. (amen)
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by mrofficial(m): 11:59pm On May 07, 2007
shocked @Wilfem, '
I will advise you not to buy starcomms, i have used starcomms box 2 times, after much punishment of "cannot find server", i quickly switched to multilinks, as for me hooo, multilinks is tha best. you will only need to load five hundred naira for 24 Hours, you can even make calls with the money, just make sure that you have 1 naira remaining inside, so that you will be able to browse. and sometimes you may not be at home, since you are not at home, you don't have any reason to load a card. but as for starcomms, it's is monthly payment, wether you dey house or you no dey house, or light no dey for days, that one na your wahala, bro think wisely, buy multilinks, just load a card when ever you want to browse, there is no need of going to their office because you want to browse. You will always work down to starcomms office every month to pay for internet connection after disconnecting your a*s.
Thats my own jawe
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by drogba(m): 6:11am On May 08, 2007
you are right as per multilinks flexibility of payment, but you need to realize that multilinks is 15k for 1month and starcomms is 10k. besides, starcomms is much faster.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by Arile: 12:16pm On May 08, 2007
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by mrofficial(m): 10:47pm On May 08, 2007
grin @drogba

Will you be browsing all day? thats joblessness. Multilinks is faster than starcomms for real.
Re: Which Phone Operator Should I Subscribe To? by Wilfem(m): 3:01pm On May 09, 2007
Well, I thank God I've eventually gotten one for myself, but in sharing my experience about it, I wouldn't know what to say yet because of the problems I encountered in getting it.
Initially, I didn't know the exact model that was compatible for the Internet browsing, so I bought one (ETS25i) for N7000 from one of their dealers and I was quite happy for buying it at that amount, although there were some shops that were selling the correct model (ETS256) for N9000 with some promotional gifts. The following day, I got to the Starcomms office (Beside Mobil) and informed them of my intention to configure my CPU for internet, On inspection of the Phone box, I was told that the model was not compatible for Internet. I was devastated and disappointed with the whole thing, so I later informed them of where I bought it and that I specifically informed them that I wanted to use it for Internet browsing before buying it, yet they went ahead in selling the wrong one for me. I was left with no option than to pay extra N3000 to Starcomms in exchange for the appropriate one 'because "Goods sold in good condition are not returnable" was boldly printed on the receipt, meaning that I couldn't return it. They eventually did the swaping of the line and the account balance to the new one they gave me and I later went for the configuration.
But the most annoying part of the whole story is that as at the time of posting this reply, my line is not functioning for calls or balance enquiry, not to talk of browsing. I was later told that it was due to the swaping of the lines, but for how long would that last? That's just the problem. As soon as I begin to use it to browse, I'll later share my experience about it as well. But I hope the problem of swaping would be restored on time.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 3110c Needed Asap ! / Mobile Phones / Mtn Obituary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.