Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East (21351 Views)

Peter Obi Is A Carpetbagger Outside South East – Keyamo / President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) / Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by malele(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2019
oilPUSSY:
An Igbo man will leave his home and go to Lagos and acquire properties, sometimes try to put in their culture and this is very offensive to other tribes and cultural groups. An interference with their culture also makes them angry

Okorocha is very hopeless and disgrace to Igbo tribe..
What's the meaning of the above ?
What does it mean that Igbos are putting their culture ?
So Igbos should abandon their beautiful culture and embrace another people's culture because they found themselves in another section of the country that is still theirs ?
So they should embrace ewedugarian and aboki culture in order to please who ?..Joke taken too far

If Igbos in diaspora could fly and celebrate their culture in diaspora to the extent of having Eze ndi Igbo in China, USA, Canada and the rest without those aformentioned countries feeling threatened, Is it Nigeria that is still theirs that Igbos won't enjoy their God's given beautiful heritage and culture ?..
Why are some people so myopic despite their education,exposure and wealth ?
The only thing that will stop Eze ndigbo is for this country to be divided, then any country that that despise Eze ndi Igbo should put a law to stop that. Untill that is done, Today's Nigeria belongs to everybody.

This @$$liker should stop deceiving himself because those he's asslicking won't stop seeing him the way they see average Igbo man..
Clown sad sad..

I wanna put my long thing into that ur oilpussy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by namo77: 1:50pm On May 04, 2019
Okuuuuur
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2019
FINALLY!!! my post moved to front page after 8years on Nairaland, I'm elated
the mods have proven they're committed to what they do. Its not my first but the First time reaching front page. Can I get some likes please?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by snipernigga(m): 2:00pm On May 04, 2019
Yoruba and Oduduwa belong to Edo and Oba of Benin!
BuhariAdvocate:
cheesy same way one ipob dey tell me edo belong to igbo .
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by zinizta: 2:00pm On May 04, 2019
A tribe that sees his own success as a pedestal to mock people who permitted the platform on which such success is attained would definitely in no time have issues with its hosts... From Kano to Lagos to Jo'burg and the story stays the same

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by stagger: 2:02pm On May 04, 2019
By the time we will start having Emirs being appointed among Hausa-Fulani communities in Igboland, Igbos will understand what Okorocha is talking about.

You can have community heads but not traditional institutions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by jrusky(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
oilPUSSY:
An Igbo man will leave his home and go to Lagos and acquire properties, sometimes try to put in their culture and this is very offensive to other tribes and cultural groups. An interference with their culture also makes them angry

So Igbos should abandon their beautiful culture and embrace another people's culture because they found themselves in another section of the country that is still theirs ?
So they should embrace ewedugarian and aboki culture in order to please who ?..Joke taken too far

If Igbos in diaspora could fly and celebrate their culture in diaspora to the extent of having Eze ndi Igbo in China, USA, Canada and the rest without those aformentioned countries feeling threatened, Is it Nigeria that is still theirs that Igbos won't enjoy their God's given beautiful heritage and culture ?..
The only thing that will stop Eze ndigbo is for this country to be divided, then any country that that despise Eze ndi Igbo should put a law to stop that. Untill that is done, Today's Nigeria belongs to everybody.

This @$$liker should stop deceiving himself because those he's asslicking won't stop seeing him the way they see average Igbo man..
Clown sad sad..

Pls go back and read what Okorocha said maybe you will understand him better. Stop being to arrogant and hateful.

You could have make a tiny sense but when you started that our tribal hate madness you lost the respect.

Pls what has ewedugarians and abokigarians has to do with what Okorocha said? Pls I'm not Okorocha guy at all and never but I'm here to stand by anyone that speak the truth I don't care what your tribe is.

So all your epistle make no sense for going the lane of name callings. So you lost the relevancy the post required. Your opinion is toxic and baseless.

Good day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 04, 2019
1bunne4lif:
It has been reported that the Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha has proposed an immediate end to the Igbo tribe setting up traditional institutions outside the South-East with the aim of promoting and not interfering with the cultures of their host communities.

He said this at a summit organised by the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria in Imo state.

According to Okorocha, the aim of promoting peace and unity is important because people need to understand that traditional rulers of the host communities are ready and willing to help.

“An Igbo man will leave his home and go to Lagos and acquire properties, sometimes try to put in their culture and this is very offensive to other tribes and cultural groups. An interference with their culture also makes them angry. This is why I think that the issue of having a traditional institution in other parts of this country should stop henceforth to allow the culture of the people in those areas to prevail. If you allow these traditional rulers the opportunity, they will support you more than their own.”

Meanwhile, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, who spoke at the summit, urged other traditional rulers to ‘walk the talk’ and play their roles in maintaining peace in the country.

“We shouldn’t just talk the talk, we should walk that talk; our role as traditional rulers is very pivotal. We know the good, bad and the ugly in our various kingdoms, we know everything. It is because the government has not been very supportive.”

He further said that the government is ready to listen and cooperate with the rulers because they know the level of importance the rulers play in peace-keeping.

“This time around, we have a government that really wants to listen to us and we pray someday, we will have a pride of place to sit down together. They are doing government on our behalf; we all know that because anytime they want to assign and attain a
particular position in politics, they visit our various palaces for royal blessings. If they don’t have any recognition with us, they would not come to our various palaces.”

This report is coming hours after INEC revealed that it would hold a meeting next week to take a decision on the letter which Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State wrote to it challenging its powers to withhold his Certificate of Return.

It will be recalled that Okorocha, who was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the February 23 Imo West Senatorial election, had his certificate of return withheld after the Presiding Officer who declared him as the winner of the election later made a claim that he made the declaration under duress.

The governor, amongst other moves taken to reclaim his mandate, wrote Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, the INEC chairman, insisting that it was not lawful for the Commission to deny him a certificate of return as he already emerged senator-elect.

In its reaction, the INEC commissioner for information and voter education, Festus Okoye, stated that though both parties were in court over the issue, the chairman of the commission would meet with other commissioners to hold a deliberation on the issue and then decide on the next line of action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmoEUra7SC8

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2019/05/03/okorocha-proposes-end-to-igbo-traditional-institutions-outside-south-east/

But Okoro-Awusa u left Awusa-Fulani to have their own Seraki in Imo state. Idiot of a man
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 04, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
cheesy same way one ipob dey tell me edo belong to igbo .

Pls present ur proof that Edo belongs to IGBOS as said by one IPOB
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by SoNature(m): 2:09pm On May 04, 2019
KingOfallOsu:

If they stop pushing any Igbo tread on the front page you would be the first to cry Igbo marginalization and cook out a Conpiracy theory like a typical loser grin

Keep quiet.
Nairaland mods are obsessed with Igbo topics because it generates plenty of traffic.
I am tired of reading them myself.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 04, 2019
KingOfallOsu:

Most of the threads about Igbo are all opened by Igbo, you need the attention

Wen did u become a moderator here?
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by KingOfallOsu: 2:11pm On May 04, 2019
SoNature:

Keep quiet.
Nairaland mods are obsessed with Igbo topics because it generates plenty of traffic.
I am tired of reading them myself.

Yeah and is it a surprise that all the Igbo topics are being created by Igbo? But you would accuse them of injustice if they fail to put most of topics on front page

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 2:13pm On May 04, 2019
K
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 04, 2019
Then EVERYONE should go their separate ways.
It’s obvious we can’t stay together.
PERIOD
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by SoNature(m): 2:14pm On May 04, 2019
jrusky:

Pls go back and read what Okorocha said maybe you will understand him better. Stop being to arrogant and hateful.

You could have make a tiny sense but when you started that our tribal hate madness you lost the respect.

Pls what has ewedugarians and abokigarians has to do with what Okorocha said? Pls I'm not Okorocha guy at all and never but I'm here to stand by anyone that speak the truth I don't care what your tribe is.

So all your epistle make no sense for going the lane of name callings. So you lost the relevancy the post required. Your opinion is toxic and baseless.

Good day.

Asking a repulsive moniker such as oilPUSSY not to be unruly is like waiting to go on board a ferry at MM2

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 04, 2019
tysontim:
So this is the deal for u to get back ur certificate
Don’t mind the EEDIOT.
Even IGBO CULTURES are promoted here in the U.S.
TRADITIONAL GHANA communities have their own, even MEXICANS in Los Angeles have theirs not to talk of the Chinese and Spaniards.

IF NIGERIA is tired of the IGBOS they should simply let them go. It’s not a BIG DEAL.
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Melodynk(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2019
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by candygist: 2:18pm On May 04, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Clown sad sad..

You see everything as an opportunity to insult. Why can't you post your thoguth without insulting. People like you are problem to this country. Everything na gra gra for you .

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by OgbanjeProphet: 2:18pm On May 04, 2019
Okoroawusa. Igbo culture must be practised by the igbos anywhere we find ourselves in this world. Haters like Okoroawusa can go and kiss live wire.

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Odingo1: 2:22pm On May 04, 2019
What of Hausa-Fulani that enthroned Sarkin Hausawa in the same Lagos. Nobody talk about them, it is only Eze Ndigbo that people talk about.

Each area in Lagos have Sarki Hausawa like Agege and other places.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by duvetmaster: 2:24pm On May 04, 2019
The Hausas have sarki everywhere in Nigeria, so why wouldn't other tribes do the same.
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by vioment: 2:30pm On May 04, 2019
Okorocha is just a pure fat idiot. He always thinks he makes sense when he speaks; Always looking for favor from other tribes.

Okorocha is the most tribalistic idiot in the whole of nigeria. The one he suppose do, e no dey do.

His whole term was used to build idiotic statues and steal money. Okorocha, igbos have a right in the whole of nigeria like any other tribe. Igbos are not slaves in nigeria, igbos are entitled to freedom of movement and residence in the whole of nigeria. If it is not federal law, it is not law.

If you were saying that igbo people don't have a right to tell other tribes not to have a right to gather in any so called igbo state, then you will be talking. If you were saying you will make it easier for people to sue because they were discriminated because of their tribe, then you will be talking; Every person has a say in nigeria, regardless of tribe, and that includes the so called igbo places. If you were talking about taxing lands, i personally would prefer that.

Don't come and be telling me that igbos or any other tribes should be walking on egg shells because they left a state where their tribe is not majority. Nigeria belongs to all nigerians. That was the main reason for the civil war.

Okorocha doesn't seem like someone that has read more more than 2 pages of any book in his life without trying to show another person one big word or a sentence wey burst him brain. You are big fool okorocha. You are nothing close to being a leader. So igbos should be muslims because they move to a muslim religious populated state. Idiot, if na to take your children go study abroad while you owe civil servants, you go do am quickly.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by biztip: 2:31pm On May 04, 2019
okorocha is more stupid than I think he is o. what sense does this make, if other tribes want they can have their own in igboland. no one is stopping them. Igbo's will even accommodate them more
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Newmans: 2:42pm On May 04, 2019
I Supports him it doesn't make any sense pls, those' that hold it never Made meaningful impart, it should be cancelled. Tks.
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by hdh6666: 2:47pm On May 04, 2019
Prove below
Re: Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East by Meliaen(f): 2:48pm On May 04, 2019
Mad bastard tribe. I detest people from that tribe. This last elections we showed them wehnn. Don't care if they all perish. Stupid bastard disgusting tribe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Condemns Intimidation Of Obidients. / Our Soldiers Are Not Like Nigerians, They Don't Run - Niger's Defence Ministry / 2027: El-Rufai Sparks Defection Rumours With Visit To SDP Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.