Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide (21225 Views)

Michael Asiwaju: Twitter Users Reacts After He Committed Suicide Over Rape / South African Police Kill Nigerian Man (Graphic Photo) / Photos: South African Police Stage Their Own Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by unclesoyo: 3:57pm On May 04, 2019
A Nigerian man identified as Ebuka Udugbo has been allegedly killed by the South African police.

This is according to a report by the president, Nigerian Citizens Association South Africa (NICASA), Ben Okoli, who made the confirmation of the

Okoli, in a letter to the Consul General, Nigerian Consulate in South Africa, explained that the late Ebuka Udugbo on April 28 had a disagreement with one Miss Linda, who was his girlfriend and was subsequently arrested by South African Police.

He was later reported dead in their custody.

He said:

“The information we got initially was that he committed suic*de while in the South African Police custody in Cape Town. We conducted our own preliminary investigation over the circumstances surrounding his death.
“What we discovered was really shocking and disheartening from our findings. “The late Udugbo had a quarrel with his girlfriend and left the house at about 9 a.m on April 28 to avoid further altercation with his girlfriend.”

According to him, the deceased was arrested by the Police in town and taken to his house where he was severely beaten before being taken to their station.

“The police took his car keys, left the car by the way and drove with him back to his house in the Police car along with the girlfriend.
“He was severely beaten by the cops in his house and he fainted. At this point the landlord’s son feared and told the police to take him to the hospital.
“The police refused, and instead they took him to the police station where they claimed that he had allegedly killed himself.”

He further stated that Udugbo’s relatives went to the station and were told that Udugbo had committed suicide.

“We do not accept this police story, we believed that he was killed right in the police station and hanged afterwards.
“His case was that of domestic violence, and does not warrant the police to beat him since he did not in any way resist arrest.”

https://lailasnews.com/south-african-police-allegedly-kill-nigerian-man/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Pruwa: 4:01pm On May 04, 2019
oh no!!! what is all this the Nigeria govt need to start defending their own

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Elemosho478: 4:03pm On May 04, 2019
Is it only Igbo that are in South Africa?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2019
Pruwa:
oh no!!!
what is all this
the Nigeria govt need to start defending their own
I go like fvck you. DM

26 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by KubwaBoy: 6:21pm On May 04, 2019
See what Buhari caused grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by GentleMoney: 6:21pm On May 04, 2019
shocked
shocked
shocked

1 Like

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by dreamwords: 6:21pm On May 04, 2019
So sad
cool embarassedcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by EmekaBlue(m): 6:22pm On May 04, 2019
Government wont even react because na Igbo man. Many reports like this are at the embassy over there and absolutely nothing has been done about them.

Ogadimma

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Amuocha: 6:22pm On May 04, 2019
Abike Erewa sef sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:22pm On May 04, 2019
“He was severely beaten by the cops in his house and he fainted. At this point the landlord’s son feared and told the police to take him to the hospital.
“The police refused, and instead they took him to the police station where they claimed that he had allegedly killed himself.”
and they expect ppl to believe this nonsense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by AntiWailer: 6:22pm On May 04, 2019
Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Bossontop(m): 6:23pm On May 04, 2019
All these and u wont hear "peem" from buhari about it.......mtcheeww

[img]https://media1./images/182abd956ccbe865425e14a152cea455/tenor.gif[/img]

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by rattlesnake(m): 6:23pm On May 04, 2019
Parosidwnt Buzari can't helf him because ze name of ze guy is not paruk or akhmed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Athena4: 6:23pm On May 04, 2019
South African Cops hate Nigerians like kilode. You don't need to commit a crime for them to deal with you. You Nigerian and they have you just start praying hard.

6 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by kaen1317: 6:23pm On May 04, 2019
There are south Africans here with significant investment here. I think it's time government let them know what's up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Topmaike007(m): 6:24pm On May 04, 2019
If everyone be like me,I swear company like mtn, ShopRite and DStv will pay dearly for all this cos I am not using any of their products and not praying to use any...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by dheaven: 6:24pm On May 04, 2019
They should all come back to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by BABANGBALI: 6:24pm On May 04, 2019
Dem just dey kill igbos like chickens

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by kaen1317: 6:24pm On May 04, 2019
Once we boycott or close down mtn and shoprite I bet u all this nonsense will stop

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by chudez0147(m): 6:25pm On May 04, 2019
igbos are in trouble O!!
Na who them offend Biko??

11 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by AngelicBeing: 6:25pm On May 04, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
I go like fvck you. DM
Hian shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Topmaike007(m): 6:25pm On May 04, 2019
kaen1317:
There are south Africans here with significant investment here. I think it's time government let them know what's up
that's it oo,we should let those useless company know meme

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by airminem(f): 6:25pm On May 04, 2019
All other countries have always killed Nigerians around the world. Right in Nigeria, you can never see the killing of a foreigner, except those chadians or Niger terrorists

6 Likes

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Mopolchi: 6:25pm On May 04, 2019
Elemosho478:
Your mumu no get part two.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by messenger4891: 6:26pm On May 04, 2019
Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Topmaike007(m): 6:26pm On May 04, 2019
Elemosho478:
na igbo dey carry bizness for head, that's why I like them money matters alot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Udugbo: South African Police Kill Nigerian Man, Claim He Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 04, 2019
This. Is getting out of hand.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Youths Killed In Edo Cult War / My Niece Has Been Kidnapped On Her Way To ABSU! / "My Husband Beats Me, Says I Eat Too Much" - Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.