Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,984 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) (14908 Views)

10 Warning Signs Of Kidney Failure In The Body You Should Not Neglect / Lack Of Protective Equipment: Doctors Absconding From Hospitals - Daily Trust / Do Not Neglect This If You Have Any Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 04, 2019
This is a response to the thread put here earlier...

Nigerian Soldier, Emmanuel, Suffers Kidney Failure, Cries Out For Help!

The Nigerian Army has said it did not neglect Lance Corporal Ochefu Emmanuel, seen in a viral video appealing for funds to treat a medical condition.

The Nigerian Army spokesman, Colonel Sagir Musa in a statement on Saturday said the attention of the Nigerian Army is drawn to a video clip produced and disseminated by “Help This Life In Need Foundation”, a Non-governmental organization in which a soldier of the Nigerian Army, 13NA/70/3343 Lance Corporal Ochefu Emmanuel was appealing for help to fund his medical evacuation for kidney transplant.

He said it is unimaginable to allege that a soldier having medical problems would be abandoned by the Army as the video clip wants to portray. He said It is not true that there was a medical board for financial help. The Nigerian Army has clearly established medical care and evacuation procedure which is being adhered to.

He said, “For the benefit of doubt, the soldier in question was treated in 2018 at 3 different Nigerian Army medical facilities. It was confirmed that he had chronic kidney disease with renal failure. Both of his kidneys had failed and he became dependent on dialysis. “Consequently, he had 20 sessions of dialysis at N50,000 per session paid for by the Nigerian Army. He added, “Our medical experts have also confirmed that his definitive treatment is renal transplant. This was made known to him and properly counselled for, while arrangements for the transplant are being made.

However, Musa said his situation is further compounded because of lack of donor. Nonetheless, efforts are on going for his evacuation and treatment. He noted that although he has also been diagnosed with retroviral situation, with a high chance of rejection if the transplant is done, we are unrelenting in ensuring that he is properly treated as machineries for a transplant have been put in motion, while search for donor is also ongoing. He also warned the Non-governmental organization that facilitated the recording and dissemination of the video clip to desist from spreading falsehood without contacting the Nigerian Army authorities. He told the Non-governmental organization to desist from taking undue advantage of medical conditions of service personnel such as Ochefu Emmanuel to make money or defraud unsuspecting members of the public.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-did-not-neglect-lance-corporal-emmanuel.html

Takeaways from the Daily trust report

1.The guy has received care from the Nigerian Army...

2.Finding a donor is not very easy. You have to find one that is an EXACT IMMUNOLOGICAL MATCH. And kidney donors are very difficult to find to begin with

3.The man is also 'positive'...which compounds the matter sadly....as that virus can affect the kidney badly.

4.It is obvious the Army has done all it can for him.

Disclaimer: I do not work for the Army or the Government.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 5:27pm On May 04, 2019
I pray this is true...
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Iyajelili(f): 7:30pm On May 04, 2019
Serving Nigeria wholeheartedly is difficult because our system reward thieves and neglect our heroes. Perfect example are pensioners who beg and struggle to collect their pensions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by KingAzubuike(f): 7:30pm On May 04, 2019
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by chloride6: 7:32pm On May 04, 2019
Positive for what?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by TheMoniker: 7:32pm On May 04, 2019
angry
Lie from the pit of hell!
Cover up is their usual way to save face like they have human feeling.

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by KubwaBoy: 7:32pm On May 04, 2019
As expected

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by YungTemy(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2019
Positive... Damn cry

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by picoba(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2019
We thank God for social media. Its remain a useful tool to fight government without carrying harmful weapon.

2 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by goshen26: 7:34pm On May 04, 2019
I hope its not some people source of income...

Cos I fear Nigeria system, while NA is funding some people will not allow it get to the expected channel, IDP is an example of a typical Nigerian system...

God bless Nig

2 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Nyamiri: 7:34pm On May 04, 2019
chloride6:
Positive for what?

HIV

4 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by abdulwizzy(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2019
It's very rare for the military to abandon there own, i have lots of people in the military so i know what im talking about.

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by omocalabar(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2019
Between Lai Mohammed and Nigerian Army who lie pass.?
Like for Uncle Lai, Share for Nigerian Army
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by dantajay: 7:35pm On May 04, 2019
I hope they are saying the truth
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by EyezofGod120: 7:36pm On May 04, 2019
i think say army no dey sick na upon the whole injection wey dey dey give them!!!! shior
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by babzo(m): 7:37pm On May 04, 2019
If this is true, the Army has done well.
No matter how much money you have, in many cases finding an organ donor can be hard.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by ShinqRambq: 7:39pm On May 04, 2019
Lies,that was how Seun neglected school and now 36 but no wife,still.....
All we are saaaaayiiiinnnng
Seun find wife!
All we are saaaayiiiiinnnnng
Seun find wife!
Since he loves Tonto so much,how about #ToSe2019

6 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by davillian(m): 7:46pm On May 04, 2019
They are using delay tactics so he would die
If not why did he look for another option.

Hmm lack of donor?
Boko Haram in custody unkoh.
Tell them to donate a kidney for their freedom grin grin grin.

4 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:49pm On May 04, 2019
Kudos to the Nigerian Army for their efforts thus far.
It is well with the gallant soldier.
God will heal you.

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Maximatic(m): 7:49pm On May 04, 2019
God Bless Heal the gallant Soldier

contact me for original Romoss powerbank and phone accessories in wholesales or retail we can make a good deal on 08179801339
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Urchman200: 7:50pm On May 04, 2019
What do I know, please the army should do well and give him medical attention, let it stand as what he has gained serving his father land .
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Neddyogu(m): 7:53pm On May 04, 2019
chloride6:
Positive for what?

Retrovirus. Usually a euphemism for HIV.

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Neddyogu(m): 7:54pm On May 04, 2019
davillian:
They are using delay tactics so he would die
If not why did he look for another option.

Hmm lack of donor?
Boko Haram in custody unkoh. grin grin grin.

If dem give u boko boys kidney, u go collect? grin
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 04, 2019
If the army have being assisting him,he won't be seeking for financial help from the public.
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by davillian(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2019
Neddyogu:

If dem give u boko boys kidney, u go collect? grin
Baba kidney Na kidney o, their kidneys doesn't have alcohol in it grin

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 04, 2019
abdulwizzy:
It's very rare for the military to abandon there own, i have lots of people in the military so i know what im talking about.
Go to a military hospital and find out whether the army are assisting the soldiers who got injured after bokoharam attack.They buy drug prescriptions from their own pockets money.

2 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by Darevofpeace(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2019
chloride6:
Positive for what?

H.I.V
Re: Army Did Not Neglect Lance Corporal Emmanuel (daily Trust) by CharlieMaria(m): 8:09pm On May 04, 2019
What then did they do if not neglected him??

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Research Opens The Door To 'functional Cure' For HIV / Re-occuring Typhoid Infection / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.