Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva (12854 Views)

Joke Silva: "How I Discovered I Was Adopted" / Olu Jacobs And Joke Silva On The Red Carpet Of AFRIFF 2017 / Joke Silva's 55th Birthday Party. Patience Ozokwor, Tonto Dikeh, Banky W Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by oruma19: 6:32am On May 05, 2019
mtchwww..tueh
post=78114249:

Talk to the hands kiddo!
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by mudiana(m): 6:34am On May 05, 2019
Fixedmaches329:
[color=#550000][/color]see below
if na me dey win all this money, I no go publicize am. The highest money u HV won nd ll ever win is 1k I bet u. Scam is wat pays u.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by unitysheart(m): 6:36am On May 05, 2019
oruma19:
ITS NOT A MATTER OF LOSS, THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED THIS GVT ARE THE REAL HATERS OF NIGERIA. WE CAN NOW SEE WHAT'S UP IN THE NORTH, IT WILL CONSUME GUYS IN THE SOUTH, SEBI NA UNA KUKU DE FEAR TO DIE, NORTHERNERS DON'T FEAR DEATH, LASLAS NA SOUTH GO LOSS. I V GOT NOTHING TO LOSS COS MY FAMILY AND I DON'T STAY IN THAT GOD DAMNED COUNTRY, BUT PERSON NO GO FIT GET ANY PLACE LIKE HOME THAT'S WHY WE DE WISH FOR THE BEST FOR NIGERIA. SO NO THINK AM, I AM ONLY WISHING FOR THE BEST FOR MY HOMELAND

Have you forgotten that there are 2 sides to a coin? I feel everyone should be allowed to support whoever they wish to. Why must everyone sleep and face the same direction.

Please live and let live...

1 Like

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Chommieblaq(f): 6:41am On May 05, 2019
unclexofficial:
Joke Silva who reacted to the way funds are raised for veteran actors, has stated that people who help sick actors shouldn’t publicize it.The veteran actress who further revealed that she she prays every day that she wouldn’t need to seek help from the public because of the humiliation other veterans have suffered, wondered why one will assist someone and also use it as a leverage for their career.Joke Silva who told Sunday Scoop that people who help sick actors shouldn’t publicize it, said;

“I appreciate the work and sacrifices of Baba Suwe and other ailing veterans. They have done what they enjoyed doing but they did it at the expense of their lives. I feel they are entitled to support from the public because they have given too much to society. But I don’t think it is right for you to tell the world that you helped someone. If I come to you for help, I should not see it on the pages of newspapers. Why would you assist me and use it to give yourself some leverage? Why put me in a humiliating position?”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/05/people-who-help-sick-actors-shouldnt-publicize-it-joke-silva/

Nollywood actors with entitlement character, I don’t just get it, don’t they save?
Given so much to the society, how?
Shey we no dey pay for the movie or what?

4 Likes

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Nobody: 6:41am On May 05, 2019
People have right to support whoever they want. Grow up man.

oruma19:
SHARAP, U WOMAN THAT SUPPORTED BUHARI AND HIS USELESS APC AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THAT THING ALONE REMOVED THE LOVE WE HAD FOR U. BETTER SAVE UR MONEY AND DON'T BE SICK, COS PEOPLE THAT WILL HELP U WILL PUBLICIZE IT.

1 Like

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by AfonjaBoston: 6:42am On May 05, 2019
oruma19:
ITS NOT A MATTER OF LOSS, THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORTED THIS GVT ARE THE REAL HATERS OF NIGERIA. WE CAN NOW SEE WHAT'S UP IN THE NORTH, IT WILL CONSUME GUYS IN THE SOUTH, SEBI NA UNA KUKU DE FEAR TO DIE, NORTHERNERS DON'T FEAR DEATH, LASLAS NA SOUTH GO LOSS. I V GOT NOTHING TO LOSS COS MY FAMILY AND I DON'T STAY IN THAT GOD DAMNED COUNTRY, BUT PERSON NO GO FIT GET ANY PLACE LIKE HOME THAT'S WHY WE DE WISH FOR THE BEST FOR NIGERIA. SO NO THINK AM, I AM ONLY WISHING FOR THE BEST FOR MY HOMELAND

Your life is a waste. Why not kill yourself? Nobody will break a sweat

1 Like

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Ijeomaejiofor: 6:54am On May 05, 2019
thesicilian:
Whether they publicise it or not, as long as they're helping it's fine by me.

I don't think it's actual help, if it humiliate them. if you want to help someone help the person, don't help one way and injure him another way
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Ijeomaejiofor: 6:57am On May 05, 2019
Chommieblaq:

Nollywood actors with entitlement character, I don’t just get it, don’t they save?
Given so much to the society, how?
Shey we no dey pay for the movie or what?

my dear even dangote has gone through his own shakedown, and I'm sure you pay for all the sugar and salt you buy from him. so don't talk like you've never needed help. they are actors, it's a job/career, so if they are humble enough to seek help, you shouldn't rub it on them
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by CaesarDon(m): 7:16am On May 05, 2019
Inasmuch as I so much detest display of generosity for public benefit I totally disagree with her

If the actors do not want people to publicize it, they shouldn't solicit funds from the public they should themselves treated from their pockets the same way a average nigerian does

2 Likes

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by myrates: 7:21am On May 05, 2019
I respect Joke Silver a lot and do not support going public when you give help to those in need(especially giving help to an ordinary man on the street) but Joke forgets that they made this a public issue by coming out to solicit for public fund, besides they are in the biz of publicity. Our artists must think they deserve much more than an average Nigerian who uses his/her money to buy their work, if not why would she say that baba suwe and other artists have given so much to the society. In what practical ways are our artists impacting and giving back to the society that gave them so much fame and wealth. How many unpopular persons in public and private hospitals got the kind of help/favours these artists get from the public and government(public money)? Actually actors have taken so much from the society and have given little back. They also publicize what ever little thing they do for people so Joke should just park well on this.

2 Likes

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by owila4luv(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2019
if the sick actors don't come public it won't be publicized
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Gokoyer0(m): 7:28am On May 05, 2019
You asked a very good question. I am wondering how some people are raised when I read some comments here.
plainol:
kiss

Do you have a mother?
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by felaismyhero(m): 7:32am On May 05, 2019
thesicilian:
that would mean you would be fine,if someone who assists you go around proclaiming it.is that?
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by hisgrace090: 7:35am On May 05, 2019
yinkus6750:
In as much as the Actors make their personal life issues public, the donors also join the Nollyhood script. Its part of the acting.
Philanthropy is now a status thing.

Its true they first made their issue public.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by ogele: 7:40am On May 05, 2019
Joke Silva should also tell the actors and actresses to stop taking cameras along with them when they visit the Orphanage Homes.[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Nobody: 7:40am On May 05, 2019
as long as the ASSISTANCE is RENDERED, damn the exhibition!.... and why PUBLICISE your sickness in the first place?
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Truthbites: 7:40am On May 05, 2019
Why not? They should say it. Not many people give!!
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:48am On May 05, 2019
oruma19:
That woman supported and campaigned for this useless government. wetin concern me, na una for naija go hear am hot na, mtchwww

grin grin grin
That guy u are quoting is a BMC zombie. He is collecting 30,000 Naira Npower stipends monthly.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by martineverest(m): 7:49am On May 05, 2019
thesicilian:
it's easier to say,until Ur good friend does similar thing to u...imagine Ur friend lending u money,only for him to start announcing it ,will u be happy?
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by martineverest(m): 7:54am On May 05, 2019
CaesarDon:
Inasmuch as I so much detest display of generosity for public benefit I totally disagree with her

If the actors do not want people to publicize it, they shouldn't solicit funds from the public they should themselves treated from their pockets the same way a average nigerian does

u don't really get the point.....if u are sick and Ur friend decides to help,will u be happy if Ur friends or colleagues decides to tell everyone how they contributed to save u? ..
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by IjebuWarrior: 7:55am On May 05, 2019
oruma19:
SHARAP, U WOMAN THAT SUPPORTED BUHARI AND HIS USELESS APC AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THAT THING ALONE REMOVED THE LOVE WE HAD FOR U. BETTER SAVE UR MONEY AND DON'T BE SICK, COS PEOPLE THAT WILL HELP U WILL PUBLICIZE IT.

Okoro Savage! grin
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Codo22(m): 8:20am On May 05, 2019
bull shiit...but actors who help sick orphan's can publicize it huh...beside what do i know ,they are gtowing their brand....
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Kingkun69(m): 8:27am On May 05, 2019
sathel:
Most people like to take glory for what they have done/ what dey do..Someone fix a borehole in the street, they would publicize his name, he gives free bus to school, they would publicize his name..Most people enjoy that leverage they get in return..Some people’s lifestyle is quid pro quo and not quid pro qui..it’s always a give and take package..Even when some people give a beggar on the street money, they immediately believe that God would double their hustle and bless them m. Mummy Silva, naso some people be o...All glory be to the lord no Dey deir bible
tbh everybody gives and expectes something back maybe not fame but no human gives with 100% kindness which isnt bad but depends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Praktikals(m): 8:29am On May 05, 2019
inspiredbelieve:
Our people don't understand that ma. They like showing it off especially when they help you. I don't even like it when someone brags about helping others. Women do it a lot. You help a man to achieve his life dream and they start "siregun" later...lol
That one even better. Some people will publicise it and wont do it
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Mace0lane: 8:34am On May 05, 2019
No go die before your time

oruma19:
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by HMarshal(m): 8:39am On May 05, 2019
Amen to your prayer ma'am!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Photo of Tonto Dike and her Mum / Peter Okoye(P Square) & Flavour Rumoured As Gay Partners (photos) / Obehi Omokhegbe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.