Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva (12859 Views)

Joke Silva: "How I Discovered I Was Adopted" / Olu Jacobs And Joke Silva On The Red Carpet Of AFRIFF 2017 / Joke Silva's 55th Birthday Party. Patience Ozokwor, Tonto Dikeh, Banky W Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by SURElee(f): 8:40am On May 05, 2019
True from the biblical angle of what your right hand does, your left hand mustn't know about it.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by eduora: 8:45am On May 05, 2019
remember that secret is a sign of maturity... keeping secrets is a master of wisdom.... telling people's that you render a help for someone will not lead you into exposing your goodness to the world by telling them that I helped him or her to achieve his or her goals.....secret is good for those that has wisdom of knowledge not wisdom of dummkopf.....
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Psoul(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2019
Madam, I respect you a lot. As per ur advice, I beliv the advice should go to most of ur colleagues and other so called celebrities. They are the ones that will always like to trend. Any like arm given, they will start selling it on the social media.

Secondly, if they don't want the help to be publicized, they should also learn keep their sicknesses as a secret. You can't come online to ask for help and expect a secret giving.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Chommieblaq(f): 9:01am On May 05, 2019
Ijeomaejiofor:

my dear even dangote has gone through his own shakedown, and I'm sure you pay for all the sugar and salt you buy from him. so don't talk like you've never needed help. they are actors, it's a job/career, so if they are humble enough to seek help, you shouldn't rub it on them

Please reread her post and my comment again.
I’m not saying one shouldn’t seek for help when the need arises but saying they are entitle to it is totally wrong!
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by udemzyudex(m): 9:06am On May 05, 2019
It depends ma ,so I don't totally agree with you.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Nobody: 9:07am On May 05, 2019
but actors can publicize when they buy a loaf of bread for some one. grin

If they need help i think. it wouldn't matter if publicized, what matters is they got the help.

If they don't want it publicized, don't ask for help.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by 9jaRealist: 9:37am On May 05, 2019
Aunty Joke, I respectfully disagree...

A GOOD reason to publicize philanthropy is to PROMOTE the spirit of philanthropy among the general population (particularly among those who admire celebrities). Furthermore, while I would ordinarily agree that donors should not make their donations seemingly about themselves, it is better to help than not to - and if publicity (even self-publicly) is what motivates people to help, that’s a relatively small price to pay, and at the end of the day the donors’ personal motivation makes little or no difference to the recipient(s)!

Recently, my uncle was watching Femi Otedola donate US dollars for Christian Chukwu’s medical treatment (a football player that apparently brought a lot of pride and joy to his generation and Nigeria), and it virtually moved him to tears and rekindled his faith in humans and Nigeria!
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Nobody: 10:06am On May 05, 2019
oruma19:
SHARAP, U WOMAN THAT SUPPORTED BUHARI AND HIS USELESS APC AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THAT THING ALONE REMOVED THE LOVE WE HAD FOR U. BETTER SAVE UR MONEY AND DON'T BE SICK, COS PEOPLE THAT WILL HELP U WILL PUBLICIZE IT.

Another example of a stark illiterate and misguided human being.You lack the capacity to articulate your thoughts intelligently so you had to resort to tirades and using curse words.Someone probably old enough to be your grandmother.What a shame.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by PeacenLove2: 10:48am On May 05, 2019
Chommieblaq:

Nollywood actors with entitlement character, I don’t just get it, don’t they save?
Given so much to the society, how?
Shey we no dey pay for the movie or what?

I don't get that part too. Whether actors or not, we should be our brothers keeper. The special treatment actors expect to get is kind of absurd.

1 Like

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by PeacenLove2: 10:52am On May 05, 2019
Chommieblaq:

Please reread her post and my comment again.
I’m not saying one shouldn’t seek for help when the need arises but saying they are entitle to it is totally wrong!

Any sense of entitlement is wrong. It's one of the biggest problems we face as a society. People need to learn that they are responsible for their own lives and choices. Having said that, when help comes from another, it is a wonderful thing but if it doesn't come, so be it.

A society cannot thrive when we always depend on hand outs. People should be able to stand on their own two feet. That's where all our energies should be directed at.

1 Like

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by thesicilian: 11:15am On May 05, 2019
Ijeomaejiofor:

I don't think it's actual help, if it humiliate them. if you want to help someone help the person, don't help one way and injure him another way

felaismyhero:
that would mean you would be fine,if someone who assists you go around proclaiming it.is that?

martineverest:
it's easier to say,until Ur good friend does similar thing to u...imagine Ur friend lending u money,only for him to start announcing it ,will u be happy?
Personally I feel somehow ashamed when people start thanking me after I've helped them with money or in any other way, not to talk of now taking it upon myself to broadcast it. But people are different. If you don't want people to know about your business, then don't ask for their help because the moment you do, you're potentially opening up yourself.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by Originalsly: 12:14pm On May 05, 2019
oruma19:
SHARAP, U WOMAN THAT SUPPORTED BUHARI AND HIS USELESS APC AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THAT THING ALONE REMOVED THE LOVE WE HAD FOR U. BETTER SAVE UR MONEY AND DON'T BE SICK, COS PEOPLE THAT WILL HELP U WILL PUBLICIZE IT.

Hmmm....is this about the woman?...or the message? And isn't she free to choose who to vote or campaign for? My sympathy to your family.... I can't imagine what they are going through with you as the dictator head. Hmmm... are they even still alive?

@ topic..... she is soo right. But.... we see that all the time.... people jump on the misery of others to promote themselves.... some don't even give... but make headlines on what they pledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by abbey621(m): 1:08pm On May 05, 2019
I feel they are entitled to support from the public because they have given too much to society. But I don’t think it is right for you to tell the world that you helped someone.

They are entitled to public support, yet you don't want their need for help publicized? Isn't this counterproductive? If you ask those celebrities that needed help, if they prefer to die in sickness or to let the world know they need help. I'm sure only the crazy ones would prefe to die. As a veteran celebrity, you had the power to take of Baba Suwe's bills. Many of your colleagues also had the power, I'm sure you can't say you did not know about his living conditions before the publicity? undecided undecided
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by jimmyLd101: 1:24pm On May 05, 2019
let's here word if you go sick one mumu sick you better get your money because if we help you we go publisice am.abl were I know you no be for television so why wont I televise you
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by oruma19: 11:30pm On May 05, 2019
U ARE PETTY
Originalsly:

Hmmm....is this about the woman?...or the message? And isn't she free to choose who to vote or campaign for? My sympathy to your family.... I can't imagine what they are going through with you as the dictator head. Hmmm... are they even still alive?

@ topic..... she is soo right. But.... we see that all the time.... people jump on the misery of others to promote themselves.... some don't even give... but make headlines on what they pledge.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by oruma19: 11:30pm On May 05, 2019
U ARE PETTY
orbitalgis:

Another example of a stark illiterate and misguided human being.You lack the capacity to articulate your thoughts intelligently so you had to resort to tirades and using curse words.Someone probably old enough to be your grandmother.What a shame.
Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by oruma19: 11:31pm On May 05, 2019
FOOL
Mace0lane:
No go die before your time

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by oruma19: 11:32pm On May 05, 2019
LOL, its clear from reactions that the 30k collectors are backing their oppressors, so sad. poverty na disease
MyVILLAGEpeople:

grin grin grin
That guy u are quoting is a BMC zombie. He is collecting 30,000 Naira Npower stipends monthly.

1 Like

Re: People Who Help Sick Actors Shouldn’t Publicise It – Joke Silva by felaismyhero(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2019
thesicilian:

Personally I feel somehow ashamed when people start thanking me after I've helped them with money or in any other way, not to talk of now taking it upon myself to broadcast it. But people are different. If you don't want people to know about your business, then don't ask for their help because the moment you do, you're potentially opening up yourself.
you are right.but i can assure you most of those ill celebs dont ask for help.it would make them feel shameful;they know they are stars.but when sumone offers to help,who in need wouldnt take it? you and i know that the helpers wouldnt proclaim it,if the people they help are ordinary street beggars.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Nwankwo Celebrates 34th Birthday, Gets Dana Airline Free One Month Flight / Ochendo: I Won't Mind My Business If You Bring Your Private Issues Online / Humblesmith, CDQ, Idris Abdulkareem And Sammy Okposo Perform At 1lagosfiesta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.