Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,504 members, 7,854,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Novel -shades Of Bitter Revenge - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novel -shades Of Bitter Revenge (317 Views)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Shades Of Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Novel -shades Of Bitter Revenge by Barbiegirl58: 8:29am On May 05, 2019
Chapter 3
Christina hurriedly walked out of the door of her father's  Law chambers as she headed to the park. She was to meet Nessa at noon for lunch but she knew Nessa would not arrive for the next 30 minutes. Lateness has always been her style and Christina has had no choice but to accept her like that.
   Christina couldn't help but smile at the serenity of the park. The fresh air from the park always had a way of calming her nerves.She glanced at her phone and saw a text message from Kyle which read
     'Hello Sunshine. Hope you're having a great day. Take care of yourself. "
She couldn't help but smile at his sweetness. For the past one week since they met he had been sending in random messages every day. She was still trying to make up 100 reasons why he was so nice to her when Nessa walked in
Hello baby girl, You seemed miles away. "Nessa said.
"Maybe I was continents away."She smiled. "Wow this gown is nicceee"
"Zack got me the gown yesterday. " she turned around to display her curves, "I look sexy right? "
"Girl,  you look more than sexy. Even Donald Trump could get the cops on you for looking hot and sexy as hell. "
"Awwwn..thanks girl anyways how did the meeting with the alpha male go? I want details, I mean every single detail. "
    Alpha male?? Probably he was. His presence alone seemed to dominate the whole cafeteria.
      And dominate her!!
"Well nothing much happened in the 3 hours that we talked " she said truthfully.
"What??  3 hours and you are telling me that nothing happened. Baby girl you should know that I won't take that as an answer so spill I want every hot and cold detail. "
"Fine!! We talked about authors  books, the country and everything else. "
"Hmm, "Nessa murmured evidently still waiting for more.
"At the end he asked for my number "
"Damn!! How did you know that's the part I've waiting for "Nessa said laughing.
She laughed and continued, "He's been calling and texting everyday for the past one week"
"Now that is really bad sign"
Christina watched all the colour drain from her face, "What do you mean bad sign? "
"Tina, you remember my list of 50 things to know a good relationship?"
"Jeez, Nessa are you kidding me? I thought you dropped the idea of that list on the last day of college. "She said laughing intensely.
"I did but that doesn't mean it's not still applicable " she said arching her brows.
"Fine. Fine. Miss Vanessa Martins what rule is applicable here out of your 50 life saving wonderful rules. "Sarcasm evidently dripping from her voice.
"It's simple. When a guy rushes into q relationship too fast, he will take the exit door too fast. " Nessa said
"Nessa!! Who said anything about a relationship?  Who said Kyle is in for a relationship? Who said I'm in for a relationship?  She said raising her voice.
"Baby girl,  Relax. "Nessa said bluntly.
"I'm really not in for a relationship. "She said smoothly.
"Tina I've known you all my life so I know when you are lyingShe said laughing.
"What do you mean? "She asked with wide eyes
"Whenever you are lying or saying something you don't mean your eyes start to twitch. I saw the way you looked at him with that careful stare of admiration "
"Y-y-y-yess." She stuttered. I can't deny the fact that I admire him.Nessa for crying out loud he looks like the Roman god Zeus. " she said smiling
"At least that's a step forward in the right direction "
"Nessa I don't want to rush into anything not after what happened.."
"With Ben? "she asked
"Yes with Ben. I dontvwnay that to happen ever again. Probably according to St Paul, I'm meant to be single. " she said forcing a smile.
"You are totally not serious. Ben was a total jerk so whatever happened wasn't your fault. "She paused,  "and now I'm here and I got your back thats why we are gonna use my list"
"I'm not liking this already but where do we go from here? "
"I will come up with a plan before the day runs out. " she said triumphantly
"I should say thank you but I will save it till I hear that crazy plan of yours anyways I got to go now."
"No problem girl. I will call you tonight"
They hugged and Christina rushed out of the park.

Later that evening Nessa called her about the plan and as Christina guessed it was an extremely crazy plan but she agreed on it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Successfully Publish Your Books Online Free With Create Space / Out Of The Egypt Of The Spirit / The Youths And The Country: Betting Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.