Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria (439 Views)

The Only Key To The Kingdom Of Elohim (god) / The Only Key To Success / Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria by DJournal: 12:28pm On May 05, 2019
Yanju Uwala

Let me start by stating that I am a firm believer in the power of prayers and a strongholder of it likewise, and to point out that it is the only fore-front for every living soul on this troubled earth. However, it also depends on whoever we turn our heart of prayers to with the assurance of a favourable response as the time goes on. Yet, out of the same items for answering of prayers is faith, which I will likened to action.

But this is what we have missed out as people, in reference to praying for our dear country, this despite our prayers in whatever form, yet it seems nothing is working or that God isn't hearing our pleas pertaining to the situation of the country, but despite all these, we have failed to put into necessary action to augment what are praying for, and to make it work, because praying without work is in vain, likewise faith without work will also result to shambles. I am of the believe that God is of great assurance and of strong faith which must be put to test, to work out.

As earlier noted, I am not against the power of prayers neither will I counter its effect in life, but some situations warrants that actions needs to be put along prayers in order to get a good results at end of the day. We don't just need to commence a week or a month fasting and prayer for the reformation of the country, without we working out things ourselves. My dear readers, it won't work out. Yes, it won't work out.

Two Nigerian state governors have expressed their different opinions on the power of prayers towards the numerous challenges facing the country. Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong, has said that true Christianity expects us to the responsibility of praying ceaselessly and fervently for our leaders, and also reminded to also pray for our country to enable us to overcome the numerous challenges, which we currently face as a nation, the incidents of insurgency, armed banditry, armed robbery, kidnappings, corruption and many other crimes bedeviling our country can be addressed by prayers.

On the other hand, his counterpart, Gombe State governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo said that prayers are good but Nigeria does not need prayers. So what do we need? Dankwambo said, all we need are competent leaders. A correct belief I will say. Dankwambo, was against the belief by some politicians and clergymen who have, over time, called for prayers for the country to witness divine direction, when he gave this assertion.

On this, I will go with Governor Dankwambo's suggestion on the tool to resuscitate our dear country, as he said not that prayers isn't good but there are need for more action to be put in place to make our prayers work more effectively, also we can't keep praying when we are doing wrong things and yet we expect a meaningful change within the society, how can that be possible? It is not possible and cannot be possible. But let me put it here that only those who can see beyond their nose will know what is happening in the country now and we now expect only prayers to change it without physical man activities to effect a turnaround.

Another challenge we are facing in Nigeria is that, we are a country of religious people and yet we are not godly, that is why we have make only prayers as the tool to make a turnaround for a better society, and in reference to Governor Dankwambo's suggestion, if we keep on electing bad leaders, we keep on stealing what is meant for the goodwill of the society, we keep on hating ourselves based on ethnicity, language, educational and tribal difference, we keep on being hypocrites, we keep on being docile and not ready for a change, we keep on being corrupt across our various boards, agencies, yet we keep going to mosques, churches and praying for a turnaround, what is the assurance that it will happen?

A country that will have its crusade grounds filled up to the extreme but a call for protest against a bad decision of government will only have few people around, yet we want a better country. I remember discussing with someone today when she expressed her full mind that she has lost all hope in Nigeria and I asked her, what will she tell her children and grandchildren if they asked her, why her generation let the country be like this in her time, she answered that she will tell them that that is how it has been from the days of our fore-fathers, and yet this lady might be among those praying fervently for a change of the system of the country, but yet she's not ready to participate in effecting a change.

You may argue that there are situations whereby prayers have been said and also answered with tangible evidences within the country to forestall some incidents, well, I quite agree on that, but you should know that prayer requests are different from each other.
Re: Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria by CreepyBlackpool: 12:49pm On May 05, 2019
Prayer is NOT the key to make a change in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria by orisa37: 6:16pm On May 05, 2019
Prayer that will reach The Throne of Grace IJN is the only Key.
Re: Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria by DJournal: 8:12am On May 07, 2019
So our prayers has not been reaching the throne of grace before?
orisa37:
Prayer that will reach The Throne of Grace IJN is the only Key.
Re: Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria by orisa37: 8:55am On May 07, 2019
You want to confuse Buhari your Prayer must supercede that of Osinbajo, a prolific PastorProf.Vice of Buhari at the Temple of Grace.
Re: Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria by UceeGod: 10:21am On May 07, 2019
While we can't underestimate the effect of our prayers for Nigeria, God needs our full cooperation to bring the much needed change.
Anyone with spiritual insight should already know that there are dark forces in charge of the affairs of the country - controlling how people think and act by influencing the govt, media, religious bodies, etc. These are the powers we must pray against while doing our little bits to influence everyone and everything around us for God's glory.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Is Not The Only Key To Make A Change In Nigeria by Uyi168: 11:16am On May 07, 2019
Blank test:
Prayer + work=good results
Work alone=good results..
Prayer alone =f9...
grin

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua, World’s ‘most Powerful Minister’ — American / Happy Birthday XxsabrinaxX / Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.