Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,478 members, 7,954,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

2011: Jonathan Has Nothing To Fear –amaechi ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Jonathan Has Nothing To Fear –amaechi ! (526 Views)

Jonathan ‘has Nothing To Fear From Me’- Buhari / 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North / 2011: Jonathan Won’t Contest—Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2011: Jonathan Has Nothing To Fear –amaechi ! by wales(m): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2010
Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has said that President Goodluck Jonathan has nothing to worry about whether governors in the Peoples Democratic Party will support his bid to win the party’s presidential nomination.

The governor, who spoke in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday, said the mere fact that almost all the governors elected on the platform of the party were at Jonathan’s declaration showed that he would win the party’s primaries.

He said though it might be wrong to assume that all those present at the Eagle Square Abuja, venue of the declaration, were for the President, he was sure that majority of those at the rally were rooting for him.

He said, “Look, the success of the rally was expected. The President had done his home work and what you saw on Saturday was a testimony.

“The President invited all of us (governors) and we came to honour his invitation. I can say that we all came in large number was a testimony that Mr. President has our support.”

On why pro-zoning northern governors were also in attendance, he said it was not for him to answer, since he was not one of them.

The 29 governors produced by the PDP attended the rally except the Governor of Kwara State, Dr. Bukola Saraki, who is also interested in the race.

Though, Amaechi said the question on why the pro-zoning governors were in attendance should be answered by them, he, however, said that since majority of them came for the declaration, it could mean that the President’s ambition was receiving serious attention across the country.

He also said the governors did not meet to decide whether to attend the rally or not, adding that those that came felt there was the need to be there.

“There was no prior meeting as per whether we should attend or not. It was an individual decision of each governor,” he added.

Amaechi denied insinuations that some of the governors, especially from the South-South, where the President hails from, were sincere in their open show of support for Jonathan.

He also said the order of the primaries as released by the leadership of the PDP, which states that the process to elect governorship candidates of the party will be conducted before that of the president, had not changed anything.

He said, “We are with him in totality. Rumours could come from anywhere but I can assure you that we in the South-South are for him. All of us, without any exception, are with him.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009210293928
Re: 2011: Jonathan Has Nothing To Fear –amaechi ! by wales(m): 6:37am On Sep 21, 2010
I trust Ameiche, among the south,south Governor. if he stand by our President no shaknig.IBB IS ZERO.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb: I Would Have Been Killed Over June 12 / French Crewmen Kidnapped In Nigeria Attack / World Leaders To Address Sudan Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.