Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim (9205 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / Marilyn-Joan Obiora Of Diamond Bank Stole 125 Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by savesoul(m): 8:46pm On May 02, 2007
I left my home this afternoon heading for the ATM machine at Diamond bank nearest to my house, with joy and Happiness,
i inserted my ATM card, checked my account balance, then i proceeded to withdraw. but after 2 to 3 minutes a message appeared on the screen saying : YOUR TRANSACTION CANNOT BE COMPLETED, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DEBITED, I tried it again the second time i still got the same message, then with anger i moved away to a nearby bank, i inserted my card and i checked my account and ALAS!! it has been debited of 10,000 Naira.
With fury and Anger i moved Back to the Diamond Bank Branch to complain and i was told i collected the Money that i was lying, i felt embarrassed for a man of my nature, i don't like embarrassment, i quickly retreated and went Back Home.
Don't Be a victim Be Warned, you might be the Next victim . NEVER USE A DIAMOND BANK ATM MACHINE
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by cuteNhot(f): 9:05pm On May 02, 2007
Its not that i don't believe the story, but am sure that it could easily be ascertained whether the money in question was actually dispensed.
had you protested vehemently, supported with a very strong letter, am sure that the management would have quickly launched an investigation
into the matter, thereby dispelling any doubts about the credibility of your claim.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by Rlst84sale(m): 12:52am On May 03, 2007
Why would you be embarrased to defend not losing your hard earned money, it's your sweat. You should protest it. By the way don't they have camera, clock installed in the machines?. You should make your enquiries to the upper management office. Good luck
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by SLImbones(m): 1:01am On May 03, 2007
Yes, I have experienced such before, But, going to the bank to complain is another problem, Cos, you would just be told to always try again later, Sincerely, Diamond bank should check this problem out, HAHA
SLIM
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by savesoul(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2007
@Rlst84sale
This is Nigeria, ATM Machines Rarely Have Cameras cry
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by Yes4u(m): 10:59am On May 03, 2007
Thanks for this information. Do any one know of any Bank ATM in Niaja that one can cash money in dollars or accept international debit/credit card? Let me know pls.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by savesoul(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2007
@Yes4u
There is NO ATM that one can cash money in dollars in Nigeria. As for the International Debit Card, one Used to exist in Adeola Odeku Area of Victoria Island, but its no more function because of Fraud. International Debit cards are easily Cloned and used to withdraw large amount of cash. So the ATM ceased to work, as for now, You cant use your Inter, Debit card
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by DisGuy: 11:33am On May 03, 2007
savesoul, why dont you complain to the managers dont complain to the people at the front desk!

I read similar stories online about the ATMs in nigeria and most of the got their money back!
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by finey: 12:42pm On May 08, 2007
savesoul,

i was really touched by your complaintrs as regards to Diamond bank ATM experiences. Do you have account with diamond bank?If you do,may i have your account number ,the date,amount involved and the location where you had these experiences. May i have a contact detail,phone number or email address where i can keep you posted on the outcome of your complaint.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by savesoul(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2007
I have complained to my Bank ( Intercontinental Bank Plc)
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by finey: 1:44pm On May 08, 2007
savesoul,may i have ur contact,so that this can be cleared out once and for all.As i think there is a lot to be sorted out.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by finey: 1:45pm On May 08, 2007
which Diamond Bank ATM,did you get this experience?is it in lagos or outside lagos.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by savesoul(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2007
In Lagos. Coker Branch
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by stranger12: 2:30pm On May 08, 2007
One thing I notice in Nigeria is that people are very verbal and mostly fail to go through the right process to get justice done.
Why cant you put it in writing and report the incidence to the bank and to other necessary authorities?

whats the use of barking and not biting?
Its your money, why would you not chase it?
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by savesoul(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2007
stranger12:

One thing I notice in Nigeria is that people are very verbal and mostly fail to go through the right process to get justice done.
Why can't you put it in writing and report the incidence to the bank and to other necessary authorities?

whats the use of barking and not biting?
Its your money, why would you not chase it?

@stranger12
If u are in my shoes, you will understand what i mean.
I have written letters, sent emails, but all i hear is, "We are going to do something about it", up till now i havent gotten any refund.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by dbplc: 4:54pm On May 08, 2007
Dear Savesoul,
We are really sorry to read about the unsatisfactory service you received while using our ATM machine. We promise that this will be resolved in the next 24hrs. We would need your details to enable us resolve this matter. Kindly send your details to care2000@diamondbank.com. Head, Customer Service, Diamond Bank Plc.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by tafari(m): 7:50pm On May 08, 2007
dbplc:

Dear Savesoul,
We are really sorry to read about the unsatisfactory service you received while using our ATM machine. We promise that this will be resolved in the next 24hrs. We would need your details to enable us resolve this matter. Kindly send your details to care2000@diamondbank.com. Head, Customer Service, Diamond Bank Plc.

Beware! shine your eyes!
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by Rlst84sale(m): 11:11pm On May 08, 2007
@Savesoul

Be very careful sending your account details via the email printed in response on your thread by dbplc. Make sure you confirm it's actually from the bank, so that you don't fall into double jeopardy. You may even want to contact the bank to make sure that the response is truly from them, or take your information to them in person. Good luck to you.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by Nimshi: 1:31pm On May 09, 2007
savesoul,

At http://www.diamondbank.com/metadot/index.pl?iid=4979 you’ll find a diamond bank email address to contact: info@diamondbank.com

At http://www.diamondbank.com/metadot/index.pl?iid=5330 you’ll find addresses and telephone number of Diamond Bank branches

At http://www.diamondbank.com/metadot/index.pl?id=4944&isa=Category&op=show_printer_friendly you’ll find addresses of Diamond Bank ATM machines; there’s the email address: ecustomerservice@diamondbank.com close to the end of the page.

Make sure you don’t send your account details to any email address you’re not sure of. You should call up the Diamond bank Branch in which you have your account, request for the officer assigned to your account, and make a calm request that you want the situation corrected.

In the unlikely event that you meet with much resistance, you could then make public the email addresses you’d sent emails to, and the Diamond branches you called on the telephone. Diamond bank must be given a fair chance at addressing the problem.

You wrote:

With fury and Anger i moved Back to the Diamond Bank Branch to complain and i was told i collected the Money that i was lying…

Are you sure the above reply came from an officer of Diamond Bank?
Which Diamond Bank branch is this?

Cheers.

Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by Aproko(f): 3:33pm On May 10, 2007
@ poster,
this has happened to my sister at diamond atm at the palms. she lodged a complain with her bank (gtb), filled a form and in about 48hrs she got a mail that her money has been credited. so go back to intercontinental and complain(try not to be rude oh). it will be sorted out dont worry.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by mishoo(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2007
No matter how fast it is resolved, i think Diamond bank should really get good ATM guys.
Or rather ask from interswitch why the problem is peculiar to them. Presently i have up to $ ATMs from different banks with me and i must say its only Diamond Banks ATM that makes me read Psalm 23 before i make up my mind to cash money.
My company with almost 1000 workers in Lagos alone uses Diamond Bank for Salary payment for junior staff and the complaint (if written down in books) can fill their Headquarters in Adeola Hopewell.Presently we are clamouring that our Coy should change banks.
But the only thing is that the staff alway understand and they help you ASAP.
Diamond ATM is really out of it,
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by Rlst84sale(m): 12:27am On May 11, 2007
I hope someone from Diamond bank is reading this thread cos this is a wake up call 4 them. I sure won't do business with them if they have this kind of bad report
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by uchetobi(f): 5:15pm On May 11, 2007
now I know to avoid Diamond atm like a plague. Thanx bro. hope your case gets resolved
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by savesoul(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2007
@uchetobi.
you better avoid it like HIV/AIDS, cos i have not still gotten a refund yet!!!!! embarassed
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by Nimshi: 3:49pm On May 12, 2007
savesoul: at which Diamond Bank Branch were you called a liar by bank staff?

Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by saintchux(m): 10:55am On May 18, 2007
Aproko:

@ poster,
this has happened to my sister at diamond atm at the palms. she lodged a complain with her bank (gtb), filled a form and in about 48hrs she got a mail that her money has been credited. so go back to intercontinental and complain(try not to be rude oh). it will be sorted out don't worry.

I work in a bank (not diamond bank)and managing ATM is one of my core duty. The problem we have here is that some people do not do what they suppose to do, only to go home and complain. They told u that u collected money, why not make an official complaint and go to ur bank and complain too.

I have about 3 cases of ATM not paying a customer since this year and within 48 hrs, their account were credited. Even if u did not complain, our report will show that a reversal was done on ur account and the point of dispensing. But when u complain it will be easier and faster for us to credit ur account.

There is one particular case we have when a customer did a transaction and the ATM was taking long to pay, it is still showing " Transaction processing" and the guy left and after, d money was dispensed. the next person that want to use d ATM was a good Nigerian who called d attention of the security man on duty. So when the guy came back to complain of not been paid, after questioning, he agree that the ATN was still showing "Transaction proessing" when he left. You have to be careful when u use ATM.

TIPS USING ATM
1. Check ur balance before withdrawing any amount.
2. Carry out ur transaction.
3. Check ur balance after withdrawing.
4. If the transaction stay long, wait until it completes.
5. Seek help from security men or any staff around - this is important, I watch many people from camera and see d nonsense they are doing with the ATM especially the big girls.
6. count ur money, b/4 u leave.
7. Always protect ur pin code. watch ur back, especially if u are withdrawing from ATM in open place
8. Wait for ur ATM card to come out if u are using wincor type, some guy have left their card after collecting money.
9.If you card is seize by ATM report immediately, if working day, you will retrieve immediately, if weekend go their on Monday or report to ur bank.

If need any help, let me know. Enjoy!
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by fromuk(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2007
do nigerian ATM accept foriegn card(Credit, Pre-Paid and Debit Cards).
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by saintchux(m): 11:39am On May 18, 2007
fromuk:

do nigerian ATM accept foriegn card(Credit, Pre-Paid and Debit Cards).

It accepts Master card and Visa cards
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by giftmi: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2008
Save a soul.

I feel sorry for you, for the way you were treated.
You know you can reach their call center on ( 0808 CALLDBC) 08052255322/ 012793500.
or send an e-mail to the previous email provided, eg ecustomerservice@diamondbank.com, diamondcare@diamondbank.com, care2000@diamondbank.com.
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by thimbook2(m): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2009
yeah, you're right, follow the advices given though i sympathise with you,

it might be a Switch / Network thing afterall but the DiamondBank broads and boys in my area are too well known for their bitchiness too,

that's why it gave me such joy to much one of our accounts from there, come see beggin' /lol/
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by goodson(m): 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2009
sorry about atm debiting u with out the cash, pls let me briefly how the atm works cos i'm an atm custodian in a bank.

the atm network link is provided by interswitch, may be at the point of puting in ur card, there was a network failure along the line, that will result in the machine debitting u without paying u, but the is no cause for alerm because that atm will have cash overage, when the overage is spotted out, the affected custumer is credited back, the question now is how do u know an affected customer, there is what is called a journal roll in the atm machines, it is on this jouranal roll that all the transactions that happened in a day are recorded, all the customers paid/ and not paid,,,their acct number, amt dispensed are all recorded on the journal roll, it may also interest u to know dat atm at times pays the customer without debitting, him or her, this is also as a result of link issues, so atm debiting without paying is sometime not the banks fault but a matter of network link. as a rule always check ur balance first before making use of cash withdrwal option , LOL
Re: Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim by graciella(f): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ poster,

Beware Of Diamond Bank Atm Machines, Dont Fall Victim

u have just committed a fallacy of generalisation, I am a diamond bank customer, and what happened to you does not mean that all diamond bank ATMs are faulty. I mean,

Contact the Branch manager, and which coker branch is dat as in where is it located agric market or,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fedex Named Best International Courier In Nigeria / Do You Need A Professional Moving Company To Handle Your House/Relocation Needs? / Location Of Chinese Village In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.