Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

The Wind Is My Mother - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wind Is My Mother (353 Views)

Hunting The Wind / Warriors Of Abushi(The son of the wind) / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wind Is My Mother by DavidLiving: 10:07am On May 06, 2019
In "The Wind is My Mother", a partial autobiography by a Native American Shaman, there is a passage about what his tribe did when a member committed a bad act; the view was that when a person did something very bad, it was because that person was out of harmony with Nature. Instead of executing or somehow imprisoning the person, the tribe had the person taken to an island in the middle of a lake. There, the person was left with some provisions, in the belief that being alone with Nature would heal the person and bring him/her back into balance.

essay writer

(1) (Reply)

When Love Dies - Episode 13 / Cindy Cries / A Story By Tayo Olabowale (feyiwrites)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.