Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) (25407 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff / Cultism: Uyo High School Shut, Students Order Principal To Release Cultists / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by leksite120(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2019
make dem sha no strike
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by BABANGBALI: 11:05am On May 06, 2019
Good very good this is the kind of news I like. Let it spread throughout the country

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by efizy08(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by hustler86(m): 11:09am On May 06, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
shocked As for me and my Household, Private university or Nothing

See scammer... grin

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by legibow: 11:46am On May 06, 2019
Almighty unilorin in scandal, I thought after leaving ASUU issue like this are never going to to raise , not knowing it a come back
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by ozo13(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2019
otokx:
They made mistake by acceding to the management demands, by Tuesday enough mobile police will welcome them with excellent flogging.
lol.u sabi the way
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by Godwin5766(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2019
My school was also shut dis morning...fed. Uni. Lokoja
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by KendrickAyomide: 12:47pm On May 06, 2019
hustler86:

See scammer... grin
who be this Smellows you know me before
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by piagetskinner(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2019
I remember when I was in that school... chai UNILORIN
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by Nnamdijude: 1:43pm On May 06, 2019
MAPOLY : Academic activities suspended as strike lingers
Press Club MAPOLY / May 6, 2019 /
News
John Ayeni
After a conscious study, Press Club Mapoly have discovered that the strike action embarked by Non Academic staff Union and Senior Staff of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic have paralysed academic activities on campus.
Recall that the Non academic staff and Senior staff of the polytechnic staged a protest in school on Thursday, 25th April, informing the management on their decision to embark on an indefinite strike if the government fails to pay their outstanding salaries and deductions.
The strike which started on Monday, April 29 2019, has led to the suspension of academic activities, registration process and business transactions.
This is coming after the Academic Staff Union Mapoly Chapter Chairman, Babatunde Osifalujo, had confirmed to PCM that the lecturers were not part of the strike and the Student Union Executives elect had sent a release that academic activities and registration processes could still go on.
PCM reporters who visited the school observed partial activities ongoing as only one gate was opened for entry and exit.
PCM also learnt that asides the suspension of academic activities, the new intakes could not further their registrations processes as some were made to wait outside the school.
Asides students, motorists and unlicensed cars were also parked outside as securities restricted vehicular movement within the school, as well as marketers and business owners were denied entrance PCM noticed.
However, it is still unsure when the school would resume, some quarters have assumed that the school would return to its full activities after May 29- the transition into a new government.

nija why strike in every higher institution
where did we go wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by b33ordhun: 1:47pm On May 06, 2019
Yankiss:
A sad development. Unilorin enjoys wide recognition for academic excellence. The authorities should as a matter of urgency rein in on this problem.
Depends on what Academic Excellence means to you anyway

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by Joesno(m): 1:54pm On May 06, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
shocked As for me and my Household, Private university or Nothing

private university in auchi poly grin
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 06, 2019
utenwuson:
Make them ban the union..... Shey uni ilorin not get ASUU,
ASUU university of Ilorin chapter still exist but they don't join national strike when the need arise.
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by KendrickAyomide: 3:00pm On May 06, 2019
Joesno:

private university in auchi poly grin
you and who attend Auchi? My first degree ND for poly. Second degree BSC na Private university sure. Ignoramus like you .
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by FeedbackNG: 3:56pm On May 06, 2019
Godwin5766:
My school was also shut dis morning...fed. Uni. Lokoja

Hello, Please can you tell us why and pictures if possible. Thanks
Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by Alcacer47: 5:19pm On May 06, 2019
Imoh555:
You wont ever see or hear our senators protest against anything or ever have their salaries and other benefits delayed which way Nigeria
Which of the NASS, u mean the one owing their casual staffs? embarassed

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) by teejona(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2019
Yankiss:
A sad development. Unilorin enjoys wide recognition for academic excellence. The authorities should as a matter of urgency rein in on this problem.

If it is the Unilorin that i knew and graduated from the leadership of NASU are not safe. Their job is at risk except this report is not true

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Year ABSU Female Biochemistry Student Missing (Photos) / Eugene Ohu Wins N90m Grant By Templeton World Charity - Virtual Reality Project / Abia Polytechnic Manufactured ASEPA Bins (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.