Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Akpabio Committed Political Suicide By Joining APC – Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Committed Political Suicide By Joining APC – Babatope (317 Views)

Rigging Kano Election May Set Nigeria On Fire, Babatope Warns INEC / Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio Committed Political Suicide By Joining APC – Babatope by hisexcellency34: 12:40pm On May 06, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport has said Godswill Akpabio, former Akwa Ibom State governor committed political suicide by dumping the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC) prior to the 2019 elections.

It will be recalled that Akpabio, a former Minority Leader of the Senate lost his bid to be reelected as senator representing Akwa Ibom North-West to Chris Ekpenyong, candidate of the PDP in the just concluded elections.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Babatope, a member of the PDP’s Board of Trustees (BoT) said Akpabio was merely deceived by the APC, a party that doesn’t mean well for Nigerians.

He added that as governor, Akpabio has not committed any crime that will make him dump the PDP and run to the APC for cover.

“It is a pity. I like Akpabio as a person but politically, he has committed what I can call political hara-kiri. I am so sorry for him”.

“He made a grand mistake for him to have judged that the APC will plan well for him. APC doesn’t mean well for anybody. They merely deceived people like him”.

“So, Akpabio shouldn’t have joined the APC because there is nothing that he has done while in government that will make him to run to APC for cover” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/akpabio-committed-political-suicide-joining-apc-babatope/

Re: Akpabio Committed Political Suicide By Joining APC – Babatope by silverbirdng(f): 12:41pm On May 06, 2019
why did you say that

(1) (Reply)

Video: Insecurity: “the IG Is Loosing Weight, So I Think He Is Working Very Hard / There’s Kidnapping, Banditry Everywhere, Even In Buhari’s Hometown – Garba Shehu / Ondo State Now generates Over N1.5bn IGR Monthly – Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.