Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times (38887 Views)

Sen. President Goodwill Akpabio the worst senate president? / It’s My Turn To Be Senate President - Orji Uzor Kalu Declares / Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 05, 2018
*Akpabio defecting to APC, Buhari’s aide confirms*

The Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, is defecting from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), a presidential aide has said.

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant on Prosecution, Okoi Obono-Obla, posted a message on Facebook, Saturday night, saying that Mr Akpabio will be received into APC on Thursday by the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo and other top leaders of the party at a rally in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom state.

Mr. Obono-Obla also posted on the social media site a photo of Mr Akpabio with an APC leader, Bola Tinubu.

Information has been making the rounds since last week that Mr Akpabio, who is a former governor of Akwa Ibom, was perfecting his plan to leave the PDP.

There were speculations that the defection was delayed because Mr Akpabio was negotiating for some “favourable terms” for himself and his political supporters in the state.

It is claimed that the senator was asking for the position of the senate president and also that he should be made the APC leader in the state and the party political structure handed over to him.

PREMIUM TIMES, however, has not been able to independently verify these claims.

Mr Obono-Obla, in an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, said: “Senator Akpabio is defecting to the APC, you can take that to the bank”.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/278890-akpabio-defecting-to-apc-buharis-aide-confirms.html

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Baawaa(m): 5:46am On Aug 05, 2018
Nigeria's politicians and their self interest

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by dPriv: 5:49am On Aug 05, 2018
Nothing is impossible.

for US used iPhone6 64gb. Check signature. Ilorin.

8 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Racoon(m): 5:50am On Aug 05, 2018
It is claimed that the senator was asking for the position of the senate president and also that he should be made the APC leader in the state and the party political structure handed over to him.
Nigerian Politicians! sad sad

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by progress69: 5:50am On Aug 05, 2018
Saraki eyes go clear 2019. Mark my words grin

134 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Johnnyessence(m): 5:53am On Aug 05, 2018
And Apc will give him the senate president seat. hmmm i just dey smile. Niger delta people are pdp are pdp people. they will felt that Akpabio betray his people. Dickson in bayelsa state have said it times without number that Niger delta state are all pdp states. let us see how it unfold.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Jabioro: 5:55am On Aug 05, 2018
The begining of all the mother slot has just began..someone would cry like a baby..

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by markidoo(m): 6:00am On Aug 05, 2018
I just wonder how he will campaign for Nsima Ekere against his successor Udom

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by iammo(m): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2018
Anything to get control of the senate, and start passing bills and laws that favors the executives alone, first would be suplimentary budget and inec 254billion expenditure, then would be grazing route and cattle colony for all states, they may even censor social media. should apkabio raise any objection, he would be invited by EFCC, detained and badly beating up in detention, or tear gassed till he agrees undecided

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Bethel4Life(f): 6:07am On Aug 05, 2018
But i tot he is 5 % na?

5 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by HotMario: 6:21am On Aug 05, 2018
Shebi Saraki is ambitious too, let them keep playing themselves.
I don't have breath to waste on Naija Politicians

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Almaiga: 6:32am On Aug 05, 2018
If Akpabio is joining the APC for his desire to become a Senate president, so be it. The APC is a free party, everybody can aspire to become what ever he wishes, with no restriction.
Akpabio is a wise man.

Nigerians are wiser now.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Frankiss44(m): 6:34am On Aug 05, 2018
APC will be very stupid to give another PDP dude the senate presidency.. It might end the Saraki way when things begin to turn sour

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Corrinthians(m): 6:40am On Aug 05, 2018
markidoo:
I just wonder how he will campaign for Nsima Ekere against his successor Udom
Allow your thoughts to roam sometimes bro. Another angle is, what if his successor decamps as well? wink

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Vos1(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2018
That is the tip of an iceberg. Wailing just begin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by KenOne: 6:43am On Aug 05, 2018
APC should not make that mistake again of handing a PDP new comer the party structure. The party structure should remain with Nsima Ekere NDDC boss.

Unless they want another betrayal like Saraki, Tambuwal and Dogara after 2019 election. The best they could do for Akpabio is to give him ticket back to senate and a major stakeholder.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Aquariann: 6:50am On Aug 05, 2018
Bethel4Life:
But i tot he is 5 % na?

No he is not. PMB was clear on the people he referred to as 5% and Akpabio and his people weren't one of them. The 5 "percentiles" know themselves.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Godswillu(m): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2018
Please can someone tell me how APC will hand over Senate seat to him.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Aquariann: 6:54am On Aug 05, 2018
KenOne:
APC should not make that mistake again of handing a PDP new comer the party structure. The party structure should remain with Nsima Ekere NDDC boss.

Unless they want another betrayal like Saraki, Tambuwal and Dogara after 2019 election. The best they could do for Akpabio is to give him ticket back to senate and a major stakeholder.

Exactly. And asking for the SP position seems really big for me because there have been some loyal Northern senators holding the forte for APC in the senate all these years. The DSP looks fair enough.

9 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:02am On Aug 05, 2018
Bethel4Life:
But i tot he is 5 % na?

He is a Nigerian senator

5 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by abescom: 7:08am On Aug 05, 2018
Aquariann:

Exactly. And asking for the SP position seems really big for me because there have been some loyal Northern senators holding the forte for APC in the senate all these years. The DSP looks fair enough.
The Senate president won't be from the north again judging by the statement credited to Buhari few days ago.

5 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2018
Aquariann:

If it were not for the fact that APC misfired in the SP election that brought in Saraki and Ekweremadu; and the fact that there is no APC senator from South East, the SP seat would have been zoned to SE automatically.

Now that the game is taking a new face, Akpabio has to be task to win and garner more vote for the President in 2019. He has the money bag and the political strength to win his constituency and probably Akwa Ibom for his state. With that done, he can take the crown that belongs to his region. My opinion

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Aquariann: 7:10am On Aug 05, 2018
abescom:
The Senate president won't be from the north again judging by the statement credited to Buhari few days ago.

What was the statement he made?
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 05, 2018
Senate President my foot. Use and dump political party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by johnmartus(m): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2018
Well he can't be given senate president just like that, and I know he can't make such a demand. Although akpabio will make good leadership in red chamber than that of rogue bukola saraki.

9 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 05, 2018
Imagine

Akpabio is not going back to the Senate in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by abescom: 7:21am On Aug 05, 2018
Aquariann:

What was the statement he made?
I read a report in which he was quoted as saying he isn't happy that the president and Senate president are from northern states. More like he wanted someone from the south.

4 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Aquariann: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2018
abescom:
I read a report in which he was quoted as saying he isn't happy that the president and Senate president are from northern states. More like he wanted someone from the south.

Didn't see it. But no sweats. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by BafanaBafana: 7:32am On Aug 05, 2018
Akpabio is a very straight forward guy. He is not a betrayer like some other people. I learnt he even informed Saraki of his decison to defect. Those are the kind of people one can trust. He belongs to the APC

13 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by EarthXmetahuman: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2018
I prefer akpabio to saraki.. but then, apc will be making the same mistake if they allow a cross carpeting politician to become Senate president again.

I'm sure tinubu is not the kind of politician that would make same mistake twice.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Alen4smit: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2018
progress69:
Saraki eyes go clear 2019. Mark my words grin
before october sir.that is the plot the heat is already on him. adopting a frontal attack against a retired military man is a mistake that will cost saraki so dearly.

4 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by jchioma: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2018
He will not get it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu—Port Harcourt Expressway Being Constructed With The Sukuk Bond (Photos) / Hanan Buhari Celebrates Six Months In Marriage (Photos) / Jumoke Oyeleke Buried In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.