Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity (29298 Views)

Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted / Crisis Rocks Nigeria’s Investment Agency Over ‘anti-buhari’ Comment,..... / Reno Omokri Blasts Chris Ngige Over 'Clap For Buhari' Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by Urchman200: 8:59pm On May 06, 2019
A big joke ,sometimes u wonders if he making mockery of the people that are losing their love one's, if he sick he seek urgent attention but the country is but can't get the same attention, Nigeria youths should wake up we are the most intelligent in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by Okoroawusa: 9:14pm On May 06, 2019
I LOVE PMB
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by Mrpojj(m): 9:25pm On May 06, 2019
titiloyeblog:
@titiloyeblog.com

A former Minister of Education and human rights activist, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has condemned President Muhammadu Buhari for what she referred to as a “callous joke about insecurity.”

Ezekwesili was reacting to a video in which the President had equated the dwindling weight of the Acting Inspector General of Police, Muhammad Adamu, to his working hard at securing the nation.

After he arrived the country from his 10-day private visit on Sunday, a reporter had asked the President: “Are we likely to see a different approach in the fight against insecurity, especially kidnapping, which is a big issue now, Sir?”

And the President had responded: “You know, I have just seen the IG, he is… I think he is losing weight; so, I think he is working very hard.”

Ezekwesili took exception to the President’s response, noting that it was a “callous joke about insecurity after ten days of Buhari leaving his country for some opaque private visit.”

In a series of tweets on Monday, Ezekwesili said, “Citizens of every country have the power to determine how their political class can treat them;” noting that, “Until we are collectively ready to end the joke that our political class has turned Nigeria into, they’ll continue.”

She said she had frankly decided to never again waste her voice on a political class that has no redeeming prospect of caring about their citizens, “But I could not hold back at this callous joke about insecurity after ten days of Muhammadu Buhari leaving his country for some opaque private visit.”

“And this is supposed to be funny? A President Buhari making a joke of the daily drenching of the country in the blood of his citizens who are killed daily without any consequence while he bears the title Commander-in-Chief?”

She then warned, “Carry on. Someday the citizens will be ready.”

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/ezekwesili-slams-buharis-comment-on-igs.html

I heard it while going to work this morning
I was shocked at that comment
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by Pavarottii(m): 10:04pm On May 06, 2019
adewest1999:
una life too hard for this country sef.......my guy just wan ease the atmosphere with small joke....una don hang hin neck already

una go wail wail wail una go tire
Small joke on s people that have lost their lives over insecurity... And u think u av conscience?
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by Balenciagabrain: 10:19pm On May 06, 2019
Nigerians sef...una tire person.

I'm not a Buhari fan but I thought it's cool how he responded jokingly.
We need to respect a man who is under pressure but can still crack some joke outta difficult challenges.

It goes a long way in sending out smiles and calming tension.
Security strategies are usually undisclosed in the real sense.

I received that as an intelligent response that has come differently. After all what has come out of the norm?
Na wa 4 una o.
I as human, am not a fan of Buhari but we can't take it away that God Almighty has allowed him there for a reason n we MUST learn to respect that.
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by xelly: 10:23pm On May 06, 2019
4+4

Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by viktagorion: 11:04pm On May 06, 2019
" Someday the people will be ready".
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by meccuno: 11:08pm On May 06, 2019
blackpanda:

where has division ever worked sudan? korea?? where?it always ends in disaster. pls dont blab on social media
it worked for India,it worked for the former Yugoslavia,it worked for Singapore. If you ignorant,don't lump us into that your box of ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by meccuno: 11:09pm On May 06, 2019
CoachOore:
Your people that value education what have they done?
what can we do when those who are uneducated are at the helms of affairs?
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by frankyychiji(f): 11:17pm On May 06, 2019
iammo:
grin

Igbo People carry this Opposition thing for head ooo, Buhari jokes, na fight and long epistle, he smiles, he is a dictator, he travels, he is a tourist, even if he farts sef na them go smell am first and complain about global warming.

from 1993 till 1999, Yoruba were the oposition, fighting Military for release of MKO and other patriotic Nigerians, From 2007 to 2015 we were vocal oposition of PDP misrule..... but never have i seen a more bitter , evil and hatefull Opposition as the ones we have today

see them trooping to my mention like ants been fumigated, have learnt from buhari to let bitter wailers wail ignore them till they fade away.. Fayose, FFK, Kanu are slowly getting faded

Leave stupidity for Buhariadvocate and Co
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by blackpanda: 5:01am On May 07, 2019
meccuno:
it worked for India,it worked for the former Yugoslavia,it worked for Singapore. If you ignorant,don't lump us into that your box of ignorance

You are the ignorant one here. The countries u mentioned are not at peace

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by blackpanda: 5:04am On May 07, 2019
bigfish3k:

lets divide. so that we will stop hating each other along tribal and religious lines, so that each tribe will be hating itself instead of hating others

my dear i have checked everything thats the only way we can grow. lets stop deceiving ourselves, we dont love ourselves

Even villages within tribes hate each other. AreAre u going to divide into villages too?? How many countries will u then have Can an anambra man agree that an ebonyi man should be president over him Division only compounds the problem
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by BuhariAdvocate: 6:27am On May 07, 2019
wink Shame on you.
frankyychiji:
Leave stupidity for Buhariadvocate and Co
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by Cloud007: 7:11am On May 07, 2019
E never even start second term ohh. Una go hear wehh cheesy
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by meccuno: 7:15am On May 07, 2019
blackpanda:

You are the ignorant one here. The countries u mentioned are not at peace
Singapore is not at peace? Are you kidding me? What you HV in India is just the cashmir border who owns what. And where is there no peace in the former Yugoslavia? Please don't quote me again.
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by bigfish3k: 10:31am On May 07, 2019
blackpanda:

Even villages within tribes hate each other. AreAre u going to divide into villages too?? How many countries will u then have Can an anambra man agree that an ebonyi man should be president over him Division only compounds the problem

what i mean is that let igbos fight themselves only, let anambra fight ebonyi - e no mean. let yorubas fight themselves only, let lagosian fight ibadan- e no mean. na them them.
jagaban was nice to the igbos when he had no federal power, but since he has gained federal power, the real him came out. see what he did to the igbos during elections with his federal power and MC oluomo and his thugs.
igbos and yorubas were having mutual respect for each other until federal power was given to jagaban.
after now , who says another jagaban will not arise against igbos. how long are we going to continue this circle. my brother lets DIVIDE and each tribe to themselves so that i will no longer be bitter when another jagaban arises to inflict hatred and hardship on the igbos.
moreso, we have learnt from the nigerian experience, we will do rotational presidency to solve that issue u are talking about and it shall be enshrined in the constitution.
remember that 2023 is the turn of the SE/SS to align with the north to produce a northern president just the way the yorubas did in 2015. then 2031 will revert back to the yorubas to align and produce another northern president and the circle will continue. Are you comfortable with this kind of arrangement? this is the kind of politics the sophisticated yorubas has taught us. lets DIVIDE if actually u are not comfortable with that so that everybody grows at their own pace. i feel the igbos are on the speed lane and the other tribes out of jealousy are holding them back
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by bigfish3k: 10:40am On May 07, 2019
Moukandjo:

Just leave those ones! Na mumu dey worry them.

thats why i support division. lets divide this country, we need ur support, it cant happen without ur support, we need to seperate the mumu citizens from u people that are not mumu. please support the mumus to go so that u can have a sane nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by blackpanda: 5:05pm On May 07, 2019
[s]
bigfish3k:

what i mean is that let igbos fight themselves only, let anambra fight ebonyi - e no mean. let yorubas fight themselves only, let lagosian fight ibadan- e no mean. na them them.
jagaban was nice to the igbos when he had no federal power, but since he has gained federal power, the real him came out. see what he did to the igbos during elections with his federal power and MC oluomo and his thugs.
igbos and yorubas were having mutual respect for each other until federal power was given to jagaban.
after now , who says another jagaban will not arise against igbos. how long are we going to continue this circle. my brother lets DIVIDE and each tribe to themselves so that i will no longer be bitter when another jagaban arises to inflict hatred and hardship on the igbos.
moreso, we have learnt from the nigerian experience, we will do rotational presidency to solve that issue u are talking about and it shall be enshrined in the constitution.
remember that 2023 is the turn of the SE/SS to align with the north to produce a northern president just the way the yorubas did in 2015. then 2031 will revert back to the yorubas to align and produce another northern president and the circle will continue. Are you comfortable with this kind of arrangement? this is the kind of politics the sophisticated yorubas has taught us. lets DIVIDE if actually u are not comfortable with that so that everybody grows at their own pace. i feel the igbos are on the speed lane and the other tribes out of jealousy are holding them back
[/s]

Sorry but this is nothing but appeal to emotion and has no basis in reality. Quit the victim mentality, nobody is after you.
And btw north will never align with the east, period.
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by blackpanda: 5:06pm On May 07, 2019
meccuno:
Singapore is not at peace? Are you kidding me? What you HV in India is just the cashmir border who owns what. And where is there no peace in the former Yugoslavia? Please don't quote me again.

Keep blabbing
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by bigfish3k: 5:08pm On May 07, 2019
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Sorry but this is nothing but appeal to emotion and has no basis in reality. Quit the victim mentality, nobody is after you.
And btw north will never align with the east, period.

ok, lets watch and see how 2023 plays out
let me see how a northerner will vote for SW leaving their own. you think this is 1993
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by blackpanda: 5:14pm On May 07, 2019
bigfish3k:

ok, lets watch and see how 2023 plays out
let me see how a northerner will vote for SW leaving their own. you think this is 1993

thats not the point. north will never support the east, period.
thats why atiku lost and its a bitter lesson. nobody will ever pick an igbo man again
Re: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity by bigfish3k: 6:52pm On May 07, 2019
blackpanda:

thats not the point. north will never support the east, period.
thats why atiku lost and its a bitter lesson. nobody will ever pick an igbo man again
2023 is not far , we are waiting
yoruba and SE/SS will be taking turns to be VP for the north. thats the truth
its just to play the religious card that an infidel who cannot sight the moon wants to rule them. okpari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Presents Certificates Of Return To Soludo, Ibezim / Nigerian Soldiers Sing, Dance And Deliver The Most Patriotic Speech At War Front / Flood Takes Over Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.