Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted (25941 Views)

Crisis Rocks Nigeria’s Investment Agency Over ‘anti-buhari’ Comment,..... / Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity / Reno Omokri Blasts Chris Ngige Over 'Clap For Buhari' Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
The Presidency on Sunday cleared the air on the varying interpretations drawn from the concluding remarks of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), during his visit to Imo State last Thursday.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, explained this in a statement titled Presidency ‘What President Buhari said (didn’t say) in Imo State’.

According to Adesina, “purveyors of misinformation” have “deliberately contorted” the president’s speech out of context.

The statement read, “We have observed that President Buhari’s concluding remarks at the meeting with South-East Leaders during his one-day visit to Imo State is being deliberately contorted and twisted out of context.

“The purveyors of disinformation want Nigerians to believe that the President bluntly told Governor Uzodinma, ‘’I’ll be careful with your future invitations.’

“They have adduced different meanings to the phrase, contrary to the context wherein the President spoke during his successful dialogue with leaders of thought from Igbo land.

“When he arrived at the banquet hall of Imo State Government House for his last assignment in Owerri, the President was welcomed by over 50 leaders from the South East who had waited patiently for him for a Town Hall engagement, after commissioning strategic projects in the state.

Adesina said that an elated Buhari made it clear that he was expressly overwhelmed by the reception and galaxy of personalities that travelled from the five South Eastern States to have a heart-to-heart discussion with him in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

He quoted the President as saying, ‘‘I am overwhelmed by this reception, overwhelmed in the sense that when I accepted the invitation by the Imo State Governor, who wants to justify investments the government has done to the people of Imo State, I thought I would see the bridges, the roads, and a few renovations.

“He didn’t tell me he was going to get the whole Igbo leadership here. So in the future when he invites me, I’ll know what to do. But I think he has done what the military didn’t like. He has achieved surprise. He has surprised me beyond description.’’

Concluding, Buhari referenced his earlier remarks on the ‘‘surprise’’ action pulled by the Governor. On a lighter note, he quipped: “‘Governor of Imo State, I cannot thank you enough, but I will be careful with your future invitations.’’

This, the Presidency says, has no other meaning other than the light nature with which Buhari made the statement.

It said, “the President’s historic visit to Imo State was very successful and the Igbo leaders who met him shared the same enthusiasm that his coming to the Eastern heartland would bring peace, foster unity, encourage good and better understanding among the citizenry.”

https://punchng.com/buharis-comment-on-future-invitations-to-imo-misquoted-presidency/

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Xscape1993(m): 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
We have heard ooo. I have personally lost interest in politics because of APC. I don't even know if we still have president in this country.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by NwaNimo1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2021

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Crowwejihadist: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Sirjamo: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
The majority of Nigeria media work for PDP and ipob terrorists

11 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by janedonez(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lol
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by jlinkd78(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
Noted
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by smatt1711: 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sirjamo:
That means your Buhari is a failure for loosing grip over his communication's commission.

192 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by 10mobile: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
grin
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by BBBmall25: 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
wetin ndi dot can't can does not exist

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by mariahAngel(f): 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Xscape1993:
We have heard ooo. I have personally lost interest in politics because of APC. I don't even know if we still have president in this country.

Never have I ever been interested in Nigeria’s politics.
It’s all farce and a waste of mental energy and emotional investment.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by omowolewa: 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buhari will talk and presidency will start twisting it to taste. Is Buhari a baby

Does it means Buhari cannot speak in the English we understand again. The man spoke correct English, he is a good Muslim of hisbah standards, with good medical records necessary for communication and someone is telling us he was quoted out of context.

SpecialAdviser:

They are paid to defend him. Never mind.
Let me also say that the statement was actually TRUE. How can you describe the embarrassment of inviting a president to commission gutter?

Hopelessness Uzodinjo is a disgrace. Am still waiting for the HOPE Mbaka prophesied for Imo people.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Sirjamo: 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
That means your Buhari is a failure for loosing grip over his communication's commission.
If he uses the communication commission to deal with them, you will call him a dictator. Hypocrites like you cannot be satisfied.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sirjamo:
If he uses the communication commission to deal with them, you will call him a dictator. Hypocrites like you cannot be satisfied.
i guess using DSS and their likes to intimidate and break into people's homes in the wee hours makes him a democrat?

I dobale for your reasoning

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
omowolewa:
Buhari will talk and presidency will start twisting it to taste. I Buhari a baby

Does it means Buhari cannot speak in the English we understand again.

They are paid to defend him. Never mind.
Let me also say that the statement was actually TRUE. How can you describe the embarrassment of inviting a president to commission gutter?

Hopelessness Uzodinjo is a disgrace. Am still waiting for the HOPE Mbaka prophesied for Imo people.

18 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
If only they took their job seriously as they do in countering and counter countering what people said or not, this country would have been far better.

Ewus

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by potent5(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
The weakest form of Damage control I have ever seen. grin

A leader will say something in a public gathering; days later, his aide will begin to explain the meaning of what the leader said before.

grin

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by DMerciful(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
There'll be no future invitation, this was done by Uzodinma you installed. No governor of the people would invite a nonchalant mannequin to Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Taa gerrat. Remember wetin Shiek Gumi tell u. U de overdo urself. So you mean that Buhari don't know the meaning of what he said? Buhari was scammed by Supreme Court Governor as him no see people to welcome him. Na Shane make am talk that thing wey him talk, that he will be careful when next he's invited. Because the visit was a shameful one

Na culvert and gutter a whole president came to commission. Something that Desmond Idiot can easily do

18 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Gabe427: 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Another well written jargon
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Kenneth10110(m): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
The real truth is we can't wait till its 2023 and time for Buhari to leave that sit whether Mannabrills or whatever likes it or not. That's it mehn

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by thatsleepboy1: 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Was this femi there when he made the statement?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by CelestineNelson: 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
U
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by shegun4sur: 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Imagine the president cannot express himself by himself in a country of 200 million people with millions of intellectuals

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by InaNla(f): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
The useless presidency and their usual stupidity called misquoted.

Fools!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Moving4: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yimmu angry
Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by unbitchable(m): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
Igbos missed the opportunity, the sit at home achieved nothing, rather they should have come out in their numbers to boo him, with some bold inscriptions bearing their grievances.
providencia:

They would have shot them
With the media at full display, there would be no denying. He would have been made to face the charges at the international criminal court.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by InaNla(f): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
[s]
Sirjamo:
[/s]

This brainwashed BMC always posting gibberish. You no Dey tire?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by emmabest2000(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
that ISI AGU CLOTH WITH JOMPA TROUSER is still paining bubu

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sirjamo:

Same way they worked to package the vegetable in 2015

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Moses Warns Osinbajo: "Do Not Betray Tinubu Or You Will End In Shame" / Rev. Father Mathew Hassan Kukah On Buhari / Court Orders NCC, Telecom Firms To Pay APC N500m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.