Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Rwanda Genocide: How My Mum Ordered The Killing Of Her Husband, Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rwanda Genocide: How My Mum Ordered The Killing Of Her Husband, Children (730 Views)

The Horrors Of The 1994 Rwanda Genocide: A Story Of Unimaginable Tragedy / Maryam Bobbo, Husband & Children Missing After Attack On Abuja-Kaduna Train / Neighbour Of Woman Who Killed Her Husband, Children And Herself, Speaks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rwanda Genocide: How My Mum Ordered The Killing Of Her Husband, Children by shehuolayinka(m): 4:38am On May 07, 2019
A twitter user, Ruzindana RUGASA has shared touching a story about how a seven year old boy witnessed, Albert Nsengimana witnessed the slaughtering and his father on the order of his mother.

The story was shared in a series of tweets by Rugasa on his official twitter handle on the 3rd of May, 2019.

Read the tweets below…

Genocide Survivor Albert Nsengimana was only 7 years old when he witnessed his eight brothers slaughtered before his eyes on the orders of his mother, also suffering similar unimaginable torture when his mother took him to be killed, but miraculously managed to escape.

Twenty-five years living with this indescribable wound Nsengimana writes a book called “Ma mere m’a tué” or “my mother killed me”. Released on Thursday 4th April 2019, the book tells his story of survival and forgiveness.

In this book “Ma mere m’a tué”, the seventh child in the family of nine boys, born to a Tutsi father and a Hutu mother, says that during the 1994 Genocide Against the Tutsi, he knew nothing about ethnicity.

He narrates how he lost all his eight siblings and father at the hands of his own militia mother Virginia Nyiramanenge. Until today, he still can’t believe how his own mother was actively involved in the killing of his father and brothers.

During the 1994 Against the Tutsi Genocide, Nsengimana’s mother abandoned her children and family to join hands with Interahamwe to execute the killings in the former Kabarondo Commune, now @KayonzaDistrict @RwandaEast.

When the Interahamwe attacked their home village, Nsengimana’s elder brothers fled and sought refuge at their maternal grandmother’s home while he stayed with his two youngest brothers looking after their cattle not knowing what was coming.

Read more: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/05/06/rwanda-genocide-how-my-mum-ordered-the-killing-of-her-husband-children/

Re: Rwanda Genocide: How My Mum Ordered The Killing Of Her Husband, Children by Kingpee2(m): 4:39am On May 07, 2019
Touching .
Re: Rwanda Genocide: How My Mum Ordered The Killing Of Her Husband, Children by Nukilia: 6:15am On May 07, 2019
Ethnic clashes and the tales of tears and blood
Re: Rwanda Genocide: How My Mum Ordered The Killing Of Her Husband, Children by VAPatrick: 9:05am On May 07, 2019
Incredible!
Re: Rwanda Genocide: How My Mum Ordered The Killing Of Her Husband, Children by sparog(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2019
Shiii

End time mother

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! This Nigerian Twin Sisters Are Missing In Madrid / The Migrant Spy: A True Life Story / Pastor Beats Mortuary Attendant For Not Allowing Him Resurrect Church Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.