Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison (21947 Views)

Life Abroad Feels Like A Prison, I'm Safe But Not Free. I Miss Nigeria Everyday. / Donald Trump Surrendered At A Prison / Infant, Two Others Die In Abeokuta Due To As Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Englishgold: 9:52am On May 07, 2019
The man in the pic is obsessed
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by donbenie(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2019
crestedaguiyi:

Why don't we have juvenile sports centre or juvenile event centre or talent hunt centre or even employment centre but correction centre.

Sense fall on your ignorance

You can go ask the Ifa Oracle.. undecided
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by MikeBetty(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
If it's not a school then it's a prison.

The only correction an infant needs is to be sent to the school
If Children In School Turns To Habitual Truants, Or Students Who Fight Teachers, Or Children Who Steals Will The Govt Still Keep Them In School. I Have Seen A Child Who Committed Murder And Another Involved In Armed Robbery In Adult Cell In State CID Who Court Asked Police To Keep Until They Reach 18 Years Before They Will Be Remanded In Prison. Will It Be Better To Keep Them In School & Police Cells Or Correction Centres? Correction Centres Are Best Place To Keep Them. Especially With The Right Infrastructures They Will Learn Work And Become Good Citizens. It Is Not Everything That Is Done In School.
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Amanew(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2019
Nyamiri:

This Wawa Osu slave too dey talk.

Better shut up and go hawk like your ancestors.
May Amadioha rape U there!!!

Olaniyi di ka gi!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by JKisOK(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2019
Change the name
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Lordknowz: 10:02am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:
I actually support the Infant Prison for babies 1 week old and above.

It should be targeted at those illegitimate Afonja children that crawl the streets of Biafra aimlessly.
They should be rounded up & locked up for life only to be released as child soldiers against their kinsmen in the event of another Civil War.

This is a plan that can never go wrong.

*spits angry

Brain dead like you are what the dont want anymore for una society, nah why them put the proper care plan in place.. Most of you are very terrible & gullible being.
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by naptu2: 10:09am On May 07, 2019
Juvenile Remand Homes have existed in Nigeria since colonial times. I knew that this was a juvenile remand home as soon as I read the initial report.

However, the newspaper editors and reporters probably believed that an article that reads, "Anambra Constructs Juvenile Remand Home" would probably not get as much views as an article with the headline, "Anambra Constructs Juvenile Prison".

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Psoul(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2019
Good one, but our government lacks the capacity to do this.
The people that will work there will still abuse any child in conflict with the law. They will still treat them like criminals.
They will still extort money from parents of the kids.
Some kids will be abused and instead of bn reformative, they will harden the kids more grooming them to be future harden criminals.
Different kids with different level of criminal mind will gather together to form a gang in the house.
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Amanew(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2019
Nyamiri:

Which Amadioha? The one starvation nearly killed in Igboland and he's now hawking garden eggs in Lagos?

Even if normal Igbos are talking, this Wawa nonentity too is talking?

Molue would kill you like your ancestors
Lolzzzzz!
After my hawking u we still beg me for Food Afonja Alamajiri !
Kamalu strike u there!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Nobody: 10:16am On May 07, 2019
Anambralstson:
WHEN ONE IS NOT INFORMED, THEN ONE IS DEFORMED.

When has a Government interest to build an Infant Correction Centre become a crime...?

I wonder which reporter in Daily Punch that tagged the event that took place at Umunze, an INFANT PRISONS...?

Kindly read the unadulterated report as provided by Vincent O Ezechukwu.

".....Anambra State Government Set To Commence Construction of Correctional Center at Umunze, Orumba South LGA.

The Anambra State Government, through the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, in collaboration with JUNAPID and ROWNAC set to commence construction of correctional center in a parcel of land donated by Umunze community Orumba South LGA.

Inspecting the parcel of land donated by Umunze community through the President General, Mr Boniface Akanyeonu, The Anambra State Commissioner For Women and Children Affairs, Lady Ndidi Mezue assured of the ministry's readiness in ending the issue of lack of facility to assist children in conflict with the law, during rehabilitation period.

Honourable Mezue, spoke affectionately of Umunze people in their support to the government of the day in Anambra State, she further explained that, the center when completed will house international standard Hostel facilities, Skill acquisition center, Correctional facilities, Class room blocks, Administrative buildings among other facilities.

The center, according to the honorable commissioner, will serve as facility to provide shelter where children in conflict with the law will be rehabilitated, trained in various skills, and acquire basic education before being reunited with their families

Why are you always quick to defend anything that originate from the SE... Either prison or correctional facilities. It still imply that that offender will be detained there...

And mind you this is a very good project. It will curb the incessant drug mule activity of your fellow brothers in SE Asia.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Pauladex(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

It should be targeted at those illegitimate Afonja children that crawl the streets of Biafra aimlessly.
They should be rounded up & locked up for life only to be released as child soldiers against their kinsmen in the event of another Civil War.

*spits angry
people like you made a correctional center a necessity not a luxury as I thought. Who damage your life like this?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by LazyGold(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2019
Vanguard called It a Prison, and if children are not going to school then it is a prison
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by damoobaba: 10:44am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

*spits angry

Only pigs live and survive in your biafla, even your people travel out of that baby factory to lagos, Ibadan even Kaduna to enjoy freedom. What will an afonja be doing in the south east if not to make money and bring it back home. You call Lagos no man's land and your home because even your people are too ASHAMED of your biafla. They want biafla but want to live in LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by RTSC: 11:04am On May 07, 2019
Child correction facilities.
Nice one.

When other parts of the country don't even have enough schools for the sane children, we are moving towards the next level.

Good one for anambra and igboland.
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Nobody: 11:11am On May 07, 2019
Nyamiri:
Igbos have the highest rate of criminals per capita and I'm happy the Governor has taken steps to address this issue by building prisons for Igbo children instead of schools, children hospitals and playgrounds.

Very soon, he would build another prison for unborn babies so that when they suffer, they won't commit crime when they are born.

Just look at the shape of heads in the picture. grin
How do you expect people with this kind of head to have sense?

210 people were murdered in zamfara, 190 murdered in kaduna in the first quarter of this year alone...
The entire south east did not record up to 100 killings..
I'm patiently waiting for zamfara and kaduna to hit 4-digit figures, and I will tag you once more.
Don't go and save your region till you massacre yourselves to extinction...
Highest rate of criminals per capita indeed.
Who do you abokiis think you are fooling??
Continue claiming saints while crime and violence ravage your cursed region.
Do you think we don't see what's happening in the north everyday??
Anambra has taken a very good step to curtail crime while still in the juvenile stage, while there are over 20 million almajiri Foot soldiers in your cursed region waiting to be recruited by one radical army or the other.
You northerners are the worst hypocrites to walk this earth.
Your house is on fire, yet you mock someone chasing a rat in his own house.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Nobody: 11:22am On May 07, 2019
the ogwo ego crew have finally legitimized their blood money operations, a steady supply of babies blood for rituals, if you know you know.
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by adex301(m): 11:38am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

Are you always this stupid or you just added more effort today?

*spits angry
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by plaindealer: 11:58am On May 07, 2019
1. It is, of course, a prison.

2. Correctional facilities all over the world are PRISONS.

3. I'm 100% sure it's a locked facility where people cannot come and go as they please, meaning it is a prison where people are detained based on criminal offences.

Why are you so upset anyway? Call it what it is and stop trying to be PC.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by owila4luv(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2019
put your infants there first madam!
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by MetaPhysical: 12:41pm On May 07, 2019
South East is deficient. Wallahi!

So you even have prison for infants! shocked shocked
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Chamber2000: 1:15pm On May 07, 2019
Nyamiri:
Igbos have the highest rate of criminals per capita and I'm happy the Governor has taken steps to address this issue by building prisons for Igbo children instead of schools, children hospitals and playgrounds.

Very soon, he would build another prison for unborn babies so that when they suffer, they won't commit crime when they are born.

Just look at the shape of heads in the picture. grin
How do you expect people with this kind of head to have sense?
mynd44
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by dreamwords: 1:36pm On May 07, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
If it's not a school then it's a prison.

The only correction an infant needs is to be sent to the school
Have you heard of rehab center before

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by godlyguy(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2019
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by MetaPhysical: 5:18pm On May 07, 2019
I want contract to supply uniform to una children in lockup. When is bidding starting? grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Okoroawusa: 6:31pm On May 07, 2019
This is just a remand home n there is nothing wrong with it.

Meanwhile if this was a state in the SW,this thread would be in it 10th page by now. I trust my people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / Bandits Planning To Acquire Anti-aircraft Missiles, Attack Military – Sheikh Gum / FG Signs Mou On Warri-abuja Rail Project..picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.