Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison (21938 Views)

Life Abroad Feels Like A Prison, I'm Safe But Not Free. I Miss Nigeria Everyday. / Donald Trump Surrendered At A Prison / Infant, Two Others Die In Abeokuta Due To As Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Anambralstson: 9:11am On May 07, 2019
WHEN ONE IS NOT INFORMED, THEN ONE IS DEFORMED.

When has a Government interest to build an Infant Correction Centre become a crime...?

I wonder which reporter in Daily Punch that tagged the event that took place at Umunze, an INFANT PRISONS...?

Kindly read the unadulterated report as provided by Vincent O Ezechukwu.

".....Anambra State Government Set To Commence Construction of Correctional Center at Umunze, Orumba South LGA.

The Anambra State Government, through the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, in collaboration with JUNAPID and ROWNAC set to commence construction of correctional center in a parcel of land donated by Umunze community Orumba South LGA.

Inspecting the parcel of land donated by Umunze community through the President General, Mr Boniface Akanyeonu, The Anambra State Commissioner For Women and Children Affairs, Lady Ndidi Mezue assured of the ministry's readiness in ending the issue of lack of facility to assist children in conflict with the law, during rehabilitation period.

Honourable Mezue, spoke affectionately of Umunze people in their support to the government of the day in Anambra State, she further explained that, the center when completed will house international standard Hostel facilities, Skill acquisition center, Correctional facilities, Class room blocks, Administrative buildings among other facilities.

The center, according to the honorable commissioner, will serve as facility to provide shelter where children in conflict with the law will be rehabilitated, trained in various skills, and acquire basic education before being reunited with their families

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Anambralstson: 9:16am On May 07, 2019
M

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Nobody: 9:17am On May 07, 2019
Awon Useless bloggers... undecided
Amazing decision.. E remain correction facilities for "Gwagon boys and Skull harvesters". grin grin grin

Wheres lalasticlala sef! shocked

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by LuciferKoran: 9:31am On May 07, 2019
I actually support the Infant Prison for babies 1 week old and above.

It should be targeted at those illegitimate Afonja children that crawl the streets of Biafra aimlessly.
They should be rounded up & locked up for life only to be released as child soldiers against their kinsmen in the event of another Civil War.

This is a plan that can never go wrong.

*spits angry

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Nobody: 9:36am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

It should be targeted at those illegitimate Afonja children that crawl the streets of Biafra aimlessly.
They should be rounded up & locked up for life only to be released as child soldiers against their kinsmen in the event of another Civil War.

*spits angry
U are about to shake a very big table...

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by safarigirl(f): 9:37am On May 07, 2019
This is a good concept, consistent with juvenile prisons abroad.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by crestedaguiyi: 9:37am On May 07, 2019
If it's not a school then it's a prison.

The only correction an infant needs is to be sent to the school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by iffydave: 9:37am On May 07, 2019
Nice
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Gmajor(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2019
A Juvenile detention center is not a new thing. In fact all states need it. Kids that commit crime should not just be turned out into the society because they are kids

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by airsaylongcon: 9:37am On May 07, 2019
Corrections Centre is euphemism for Prison

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by RockHard: 9:38am On May 07, 2019
Infant correction? Dem go dey flog toddlers/infants there or what? That name better be a misnomer.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by WIDETHOUGHT: 9:38am On May 07, 2019
SEE AS THIS WOMAN JUST BE LIKE PREGNANT COW.
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by davibid: 9:38am On May 07, 2019
R
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Akshow: 9:39am On May 07, 2019
More like a remand home for delinquents. Good job

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by neonly: 9:39am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

*spits angry

When you thought you seen and heard it all

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by babzo(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

*spits angry

Madness in the morning. From moniker to write up! Chai.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by ComputerOperato: 9:40am On May 07, 2019
Infant correction Centre? Okay.
I comment my reserve
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by donbenie(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
If it's not a school then it's a prison.

The only correction an infant needs is to be sent to the school
Nowhere was it labeled an INFANT CENTRE..

Don't flaunt your ignorance,

JUVENILE CORRECTIONAL CENTRES are part and parcel of every developed society..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by babzo(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2019
grayht:
U are about to shake a very big table...

What table? Run from that guys madness o

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by babzo(m): 9:42am On May 07, 2019
Amanew:
Seconded!

Afonjas Olosho!!!!

This madness is serious o! Chai.
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Zane2point4(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

*spits angry
Lol

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Yahman1(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2019
Choi ! All me fi observe be sey everyone bi Large inna those photos, me no see no Likkle person there. All á dem feed Fat
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by J4JUVENTUS(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2019
Na person marry DAT woman wen dark with fats all over?
Hmmmm....some husbands de try o

1 Like

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by nwabobo: 9:44am On May 07, 2019
Anambralstson:
WHEN ONE IS NOT INFORMED, THEN ONE IS DEFORMED.

When has a Government interest to build an Infant Correction Centre become a crime...?

I wonder which reporter in Daily Punch that tagged the event that took place at Umunze, an INFANT PRISONS...?

Kindly read the unadulterated report as provided by Vincent O Ezechukwu.

".....Anambra State Government Set To Commence Construction of Correctional Center at Umunze, Orumba South LGA.

The Anambra State Government, through the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, in collaboration with JUNAPID and ROWNAC set to commence construction of correctional center in a parcel of land donated by Umunze community Orumba South LGA.

Inspecting the parcel of land donated by Umunze community through the President General, Mr Boniface Akanyeonu, The Anambra State Commissioner For Women and Children Affairs, Lady Ndidi Mezue assured of the ministry's readiness in ending the issue of lack of facility to assist children in conflict with the law, during rehabilitation period.

Honourable Mezue, spoke affectionately of Umunze people in their support to the government of the day in Anambra State, she further explained that, the center when completed will house international standard Hostel facilities, Skill acquisition center, Correctional facilities, Class room blocks, Administrative buildings among other facilities.

The center, according to the honorable commissioner, will serve as facility to provide shelter where children in conflict with the law will be rehabilitated, trained in various skills, and acquire basic education before being reunited with their families

It should be a juvenile correction centre not an infant correction centre. Are they planning to put kids less than 10 years in such facilities?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Freshbaba95(m): 9:48am On May 07, 2019
LuciferKoran:

This table you just shake, well you have my full support

*spits angry
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by Ferdinandu(m): 9:50am On May 07, 2019
As far as I know Prison is used interchangeably with correction centre in other clines, it is just that Nigeria prisons are Criminals Breeding Centre. So the person is not really wrong in branding the place prison
Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by naptu2: 9:52am On May 07, 2019
This was quite obvious. Nigerian media love to sensationalise things in order to get more readers and views, but I always knew that it's more of a "remand home" than a prison.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison by crestedaguiyi: 9:52am On May 07, 2019
donbenie:
Nowhere was it labeled an INFANT CENTRE..

Don't flaunt your ignorance,

JUVENILE CORRECTIONAL CENTRES are part and parcel of every developed society..

Why don't we have juvenile sports centre or juvenile event centre or talent hunt centre or even employment centre but correction centre.

Sense fall on your ignorance

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plots And Intrigues That Undid Oshiomhole’s NWC / Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies / Why I Can’t Join APC- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.