Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century (979 Views)

How Satan Crumbles A 21st Century Marriage / Prophet Joshua Iginla Married Stella Zimasa Ndamase, Pregnant With 2nd Child / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 2:26pm On May 07, 2019
People think that it's only Islam that is violent and breeding terrorist. This is not true, Christianity has been more violent.

According to the book of Common Era 4: 92

92. Then in the second century of the common era, Christianity had become a religion of threat to those who did not practise it. For by it were many people attacked and killed under the guise of heresy.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by Oshin56(m): 2:58pm On May 07, 2019
Op you have a problem why are promoting religion hatred
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 3:10pm On May 07, 2019
Oshin56:
Op you have a problem why are promoting religion hatred
I'm not promoting religious hatred, rather, I am unearthing hidden facts and truth. Both Christians and Muslims should always know that their religions has done more harms to lives than good.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 7:28pm On May 19, 2019
Know the truth
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by Cletus77(m): 12:40am On May 20, 2019
Christianity imbeddes in me a kind of restraints that is considered right in ordinary human ethics, so thinking Christianity is violent is the joke of the century
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by Cletus77(m): 12:50am On May 20, 2019
[quote author=OtemAtum post=78183442]People think that it's only Islam that is violent and breeding terrorist. This is not true, Christianity has been more violent.

Placing Christianity side by side with Islam is a big disrespect to Christianity undecided

You know am a big fan of religious tolerance, I've been trying to justify some Islamic concepts but something in me keeps saying am in for a shocker and suprisingly enough Islam doesn't prove this wrong. I think the Islamic religion to be specific, needs to to reviewed and refined so as to do away with some contents that doesn't conform with human ethics.

Enough said
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 12:56am On May 20, 2019
Cletus77:
n
You need to do a background check on Christianity. Find out how many people have been killed by Constantine and his likes. Check how many the popes have killed too. Yes, Islam now surpasses Christianity in violence and murder, but Christianity takes the forefront in the past.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 12:59am On May 20, 2019
Cletus77:
Christianity imbeddes in me a kind of restraints that is considered right in ordinary human ethics, so thinking Christianity is violent is the joke of the century
Did you read the topic before commenting? It was talking about Christianity in the 2nd Century not in the 21st Century. Nowadays, Christians don't go all out to kill physically, rather they kill intelligence and good mentality. You can confirm that from news every now and then.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by Cletus77(m): 1:13am On May 20, 2019
OtemAtum:
Did you read the topic before commenting? It was talking about Christianity in the 2nd Century not in the 21st Century. Nowadays, Christians don't go all out to kill physically, rather they kill intelligence and good mentality. You can confirm that from news every now and then.
Ok..dat was then, people weren't much enlightened and that era was an era of wars and battles so every religion z guilty.
Now how does Christianity kill you mentally..that's so funny.
Christianity abides by normal human ethics and I haven't seen any religion as committed to development as Christianity.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by Cletus77(m): 1:14am On May 20, 2019
OtemAtum:
You need to do a background check on Christianity. Find out how many people have been killed by Constantine and his likes. Check how many the popes have killed too. Yes, Islam now surpasses Christianity in violence and murder, but Christianity takes the forefront in the past.
Excuse me? Pls tell me you are not serious
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 2:11am On May 20, 2019
Cletus77:

Ok..dat was then, people weren't much enlightened and that era was an era of wars and battles so every religion z guilty.
Now how does Christianity kill you mentally..that's so funny.
Christianity abides by normal human ethics and I haven't seen any religion as committed to development as Christianity.
Have you heard of 27 people who drank Jik given to them inside the church and died? Have you read about how innocent children were named witches and killed in the name of Christianity? What about several mumu mumu things being done presently in the name of Christianity?
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by RandomGuy48: 2:24am On May 20, 2019
OtemAtum:
People think that it's only Islam that is violent and breeding terrorist. This is not true, Christianity has been more violent.

92. Then in the second century of the common era, Christianity had become a religion of threat to those who did not practise it. For by it were many people attacked and killed under the guise of heresy.
I do not know what this "Book of Common Era" is, but it demonstrates no grasp of history. In the second century, Christianity was a minority religion and in no position to persecute anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by Cletus77(m): 2:25am On May 20, 2019
OtemAtum:
Have you heard of 27 people who drank Jik given to them inside the church and died? Have you read about how innocent children were named witches and killed in the name of Christianity? What about several mumu mumu things being done presently in the name of Christianity?
What are you talking about self?
When did Christianity even develop?
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by Cletus77(m): 2:25am On May 20, 2019
RandomGuy48:
I do not know what this "Book of Common Era" is, but it demonstrates no grasp of history. In the second century, Christianity was a minority religion and in no position to persecute anyone.
Me sef I wonder o
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 2:30am On May 20, 2019
RandomGuy48:
yes minor, yet destructive. So they tell you that minor religions don't do horrible things? Ask Islam that began with Mohammed, yet killing thousands of people at its inception.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by chiedu7: 2:58am On May 20, 2019
2nd century na like 1800 yrs ago.

thats forgotten

Today the violence is all islamic.

even india no like moslems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRHx8ZOopk
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by lilianofentse(f): 11:46am On May 20, 2019
OtemAtum:
and Islam does what?
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 2:39pm On May 20, 2019
lilianofentse:
and Islam does what?
Ask the muslims.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by rekinomtla(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2019
OtemAtum:

Where can I get this "book of the common era" you quoting from? Is it on Amazon? was it written by a historian?
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by dermmy(m): 8:48pm On May 20, 2019
Forget 2nd century anyone who reads history books knows Orthodox christians and Muslims have fought different crusades centuries ago. but let's talk about modern times, have you seen any Christian group that claims they are fighting for GOD and Jesus in the name of bombing and suicide they way the Muslims do? Have you seen a suicide bomber who has mentioned Jesus or any verse in the bible the way some folks shout BISIMILAHI/ALLAHU AKBAR before detonating their bombs? Only the muslims do that #peace
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 10:01pm On May 20, 2019
rekinomtla:

Where can I get this "book of the common era" you quoting from? Is it on Amazon? was it written by a historian?
It's in the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY.
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 10:03pm On May 20, 2019
dermmy:
Forget 2nd century anyone who reads history books knows Orthodox christians and Muslims have fought different crusades centuries ago. but let's talk about modern times, have you seen any Christian group that claims they are fighting for GOD and Jesus in the name of bombing and suicide they way the Muslims do? Have you seen a suicide bomber who has mentioned Jesus or any verse in the bible the way some folks shout BISIMILAHI/ALLAHU AKBAR before detonating their bombs? Only the muslims do that #peace
Nowadays, Christians are into scamming, collecting money for private jets, telling big lies about miracles that didn't happen. Muslims are the ones now leading the violence, Christians are leading in lies, deceptions, cheating and scamming in the name of miracles, tithe and offering.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by paxonel(m): 2:28am On May 21, 2019
OtemAtum:
Nowadays, Christians are into scamming, collecting money for private jets, telling big lies about miracles that didn't happen. Muslims are the ones now leading the violence, Christians are leading in lies, deceptions, cheating and scamming in the name of miracles, tithe and offering.
you have a point here.

Between scamming and killings, which is more harmful to humanity? grin
Re: Christianity And Its Violence In The 2nd Century by OtemAtum: 4:58am On May 21, 2019
paxonel:
you have a point here.

Between scamming and killings, which is more harmful to humanity? grin
both are harmful, the first makes your life miserable, the other cuts your life short.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Picture Of The Hotel Where Bishop Oyedepo Got His Call To Ministry / How do i build on a land that is full with dirty / When An Atheist Decides To Wed In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.