Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

HELP: 2 Year Old Nephew Not Yet Able To Walk And Talk. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP: 2 Year Old Nephew Not Yet Able To Walk And Talk. (262 Views)

Snake Bites 2-year-old; Kid Bites Back, Killing It / My Mum Said She Woke Up This Morning And Could Not Walk. She Will Walk And Fall / Help!my Almost 2yearss Old Nephew Not Eating Solid Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP: 2 Year Old Nephew Not Yet Able To Walk And Talk. by TundRash(m): 1:16am On May 08, 2019
Please experienced parents and Doctors on Nairaland, help me.

My over two year old nephew is not yet able to talk or walk. He makes attempt to but he mostly babbles. He babbles alot.

He hears well, sees well, uses his hands and legs to play well but cannot stand on his own. Even when supported, he starts to cringe within two minutes.

This kid has never crawled since his birth. In fact, when he was younger like at 10th month, he was very weak to the extent that he could not sit or do anything by himself. When we try to sit him he falls.

Though he sits well now, picks things, plays, pulls himself up from bed (though without using his hands as support), he is not yet walking nor talking.

I learnt that his condition is called 'delayed developmental milestone' or something.

Though we visited a 'Pediatrician' when he was younger but he seem to find nothing.

Please if you have experienced this kindly make your contributions on how you overcome it.

May God bless everyone as you help.

I shall follow the thread as you make your contributions.
Thanks.
Re: HELP: 2 Year Old Nephew Not Yet Able To Walk And Talk. by oxypress: 4:18am On May 08, 2019
You need more facts from the mother to know the exact cause of this problem.
If the baby has suffered from perinatal oxygen deficit at birth it could lead to cerebral palsy. There are other conditions that can also cause this such as jaundice, low birth weight under 2500 grams, prematurity, infection etc.
This condition is best treated with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, (hbot).
We have plenty of write ups on this subject (of hbot) because that is what we do.
If you need the service please let us know.
We are HBOT providers in Port Harcourt.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Serious Advise And Guidance On How To Adopt A Child / How Earphones Can Cost You Your Very Life (ii) / Alpha Vmax Cure To Weak Erection, Quick Ejaculation And Sexual Weakness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.