Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) (19981 Views)

JUST-IN: Labour Party State Chairmen Give 12-hour Ultimatum Over Marginalisation / Edo Youth Barricade NPDC Office Over "Marginalisation Of Host Communities" / The Brazen Act Of Marginalisation Of Christians In Kaduna State By Gov Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 08, 2019
charliboy654:
So the issue is that Chevron trained some members of the community and made them back up staff, promising that after some years they will make them permanent staff, the time Chevron promised to make them permanent staff has passed yet Chevron has not fulfilled their promise, that's why they are protesting. These people work for Chevron even more than permanent staff yet they received peanut as back up staff.

Chevron even called the army to chase them away, I will try n get pictures later if I can.
Nawa oo
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by decatalyst(m): 10:24pm On May 08, 2019
Mk93:

You be mumu.
Inferiority kill you there.
You no dea see protest all over the world? ABI you no see the kind protest when dea organize against Macron recently for France?
Everyone with his tradition but only the African man look than on his thinking that by looking down on his tradition, he will start building plane and electric cars

You are VERY stupid and ill-trained by whoever is responsible for your wellbeing and training.
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by bodee(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2019
Mizwisdom:
What is my business? if you need books, contact me smiley
are your books for free?
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 08, 2019
Freeman59:
See as everywhere dirty. Nigeria!!!!!
You can see, and that is Chevron main operating terminal in Nigeria, that's where 80% of Chevron operation takes place in Nigeria, yet the place is so dirty, they can't even take care of the host community.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 08, 2019
WinningSun:
Can't you guys just build your own oil company
We don't have the technology, this community is my very own community, when oil was first discovered, the people of the community thought is was good or diamond that had been discovered, it was later they realize it was the black gold(oil), without these companies, the oil will still be there untouched because we don't have the technology or didn't even know if there's oil underground.
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Reelnah: 11:32pm On May 08, 2019
Even though am not supporting poor treatment of the community, but can we use another word rather than marginalisation...everything marginalisation... English Don finish ni?
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Luvinghubby: 1:22am On May 09, 2019
Hmmm... I wish they can protest to Ayiri Emami and his cohorts who collected billions from Chevron and former Governor Uduaghan and left the community impoverished.
Nigeria still have a long way to go
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 5:08am On May 09, 2019
banio:

Oil companies can employ millions. But they convinced the government and elders that outsourcing is the best. 99% of workers are casualties abi casual

Employ which millions? Your ignorance is appalling. Chevron corporation worldwide has just about 52, 000 employees. So it is Chevron Nigeria that will have 1 million employees? SMH. I agree the government are corrupt,but this government are they not drawn from the crop of you?

2 Likes

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 5:11am On May 09, 2019
WinningSun:

If they employ millions as you talk. In what position will they be working. Are you saying that they should just employ for it sake

Dont mind the guy. No singular oil company has up to 150,000 employees worldwide. There is only so much jobs to go round

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

From “Muslim-Muslim” To “is He Really A Muslim?” By Farooq A. Kperogi / Williams Uchemba To Storm Abuja Oct 1 For Nigeria Youth Decide Conference, Falan / El-Rufai: FG Slowing Down Efforts Of North-West Governors To End Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.