Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic (847 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Husband For Beating Her Because Of His Sidechic (Photos) / White Lady Calls Out Nigerian Man For 'Scamming' Her (Photos) / Campaign Against Sars & Their Moronic Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by Nazarethnaza: 6:38pm On May 08, 2019
A Nigerian lady has called out Airtel (a telecommunication giant) over an advert, which makes a Yoruba woman look moronic. The Nigerian lady who called out Airtel, claimed that their advert in which the Yoruba woman doesn’t know "how to use blender, water dispenser, Auto galé and even a traveling box" makes them look moronic.

She tweeted; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/08/lady-calls-out-airtel-over-advert-which-makes-a-yoruba-woman-look-moronic/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by Olalan(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2019
We can't continue to think along this tribal line if we want to grow as a nation. We are where we are today as a nation today cause the older generation and our politicians used religion and tribalism to brainwash and fool the people thus getting away with All sorts of atrocities

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by EasternActivist: 6:44pm On May 08, 2019
Since I have been watching that advert I never knew which of the women ais Igbo or Yoruba all I do is to laugh and that's all.

But now someone is tainting my screen with tribal fluids. The joy of the advert is threatened by a full grown adult tribalist.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by SageMK: 6:47pm On May 08, 2019
Such a shame.

Tribalistic goats will always be shortsighted and bitter.

Seriously that advert is one of the best out there and I've never for once considered it to be downgrading any tribe. Just two in-laws who don't get along well. grin

If anything, it shouldn't be aired for being too funny.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by iyatrustee(f): 6:52pm On May 08, 2019
Really! Obviously the "Yoruba woman" is the older of the 2 hence her being old school

Some people get time sha

3 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by olasaad(f): 6:53pm On May 08, 2019
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by menzino(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2019
This tribe and tribalism are inseparable. Especially against Igbos. Did Airtel write their tribes on their faces?

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by Nbote(m): 6:58pm On May 08, 2019
D way some ppl reason ehn... Abeg where was it written Igbo and Yoruba on dem? We jus have so many tribal bigots who are jus waiting to show how foolish dey are. Jus imagine if we have to scrutinize and view every content on TV along tribal lines
Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 08, 2019
Was it written anywhere that one was Igbo while the other was Yoruba? What I saw was a younger lady who was exposed and an older one who probably wasn't exposed. Speaking about the gele, which tribe in Nigeria owns Gele? Yoruba. The younger woman didn't even use gele but a fancy head wrap. It was just an advert! This lady needs to chill.

On a second thought, she has a valid point. organizations have to scrutinize what they put out through advert placement. I won't entirely blame her for having the perception that the Yoruba woman was made moronic. They could've made both women wear Yoruba attire. That way, she won't have tribalised the advert or felt disrespected.

Everything boils down to perception.
Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by donbenie(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2019
STVPID,where was Yoruba written on her face and Igbo on the other?
Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 08, 2019
This lady is pained and a Tribalistic animal....

Next******

Re: Lady Calls Out Airtel Over Their Advert Which Makes A Yoruba Woman Look Moronic by lepasharon(f): 4:56am On May 09, 2019
Where's the link for the advert joo.. It sounds funny

(1) (Reply)

Slaves Of Dubai (Video) / Jungle Justice In Bayelsa State / A Corpse Found Laying In A Carnal In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.