Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) (52696 Views)

Khadim Ndiaye Suffers Both Legs Break In Match (Photos) / President George Weah Plays Against Super Eagles In Liberia Match. Photos / Super Eagles Stroll On The Streets Of Uyo Ahead Of Match. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 10:28pm On May 08, 2019
RIaP Boy
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Sultty(m): 10:30pm On May 08, 2019
rentAcock:
Sad. For a moment I thought he died in a stampede in Anfield not knowing he died in a viewing centre on campus. What a terrible way to die.
same here. Op be careful ur topic is misleading angry
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by TheTourist: 10:35pm On May 08, 2019
Amin!!!!! Such a sad and great loss to the family. I hope things can be gotten right in this country one day.

Alaranmuhammed:

Ameen.I don't know what is wrong,they will pay na after treatment,this same issue happened to my bro in 2015 UCL BARCA MADRID..UI independence hall viewing center..he was rejected by the medics at Jaja clinic. May God relief his parents..
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by jimmyLd101: 10:36pm On May 08, 2019
Alaranmuhammed:

Ameen.I don't know what is wrong,they will pay na after treatment,this same issue happened to my bro in 2015 UCL BARCA MADRID..UI independence hall viewing center..he was rejected by the medics at Jaja clinic.
oh sorry bro I remember this one very well like say them first am to jaja
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by mozona(m): 10:38pm On May 08, 2019
initial deposit. lord have mercy.

that hospital should be closed.
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Lordknowz: 10:48pm On May 08, 2019
olaiyaatibaba:
VERY HOT!!!

A MONTH OLD IPHONE 7 FOR SALE
CHARGER & CABLE INCLUSIVE
3GB RAM
32GB INTERNAL STORAGE
PRICE: 100K

Only serious buyers only

You dey wyne
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by madgoat(m): 10:50pm On May 08, 2019
grin grin
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by KingLennon(m): 10:55pm On May 08, 2019
rentAcock:
Sad. For a moment I thought he died in a stampede in Anfield not knowing he died in a viewing centre on campus. What a terrible way to die.
Can you imagine grown up men running away from snake? Just imagine the number. In my side everyone will want to kill such snake by force.

2 Likes

Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Starboytwo(m): 11:15pm On May 08, 2019
Alaranmuhammed:

Ameen.I don't know what is wrong,they will pay na after treatment,this same issue happened to my bro in 2015 UCL BARCA MADRID..UI independence hall viewing center..he was rejected by the medics at Jaja clinic.
and you nor go back go destroy the place.... cheeeeee...

I remember when we had to rush dear mama to a hospital,year ago...the doctors were all doing sme-sme, na so I call their attention say if anything happen to my mama, angry,azin any blood thing happen to mama, hospital no go dey hear again...

1 Like

Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by nairaproject: 11:15pm On May 08, 2019
ElPhoche:
inasmuch as harsh as it sounds, majority of people don't pay at all or don't make their full payment after being treated on compassionate grounds. The hospital could run down if care is not taken because she needs those funds to cater to her personnel and stock up. A pity we don't have a good health insurance for such cases. I have been at the receiving end of it and it is usually my nurses who have their salaries slashed when those people abscond. By law you can't even keep patients in the hospital to pay before they go because you would be guilty of hostage-taking. So, some hospitals prefer to be safe than sorry

As a Doctor you should know that Life First, Others are secondary. You may not know the worth of the person.
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 08, 2019
Trizzi:
A first class 200 Level Architecture student of the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ibogun campus, Ogun State, has died in a stampede that occurred, yesterday, during the Champions League match between Liverpool and Barcelona.

The stampede occurred at a viewing center after a student felt something crawling on his leg and, thinking it was a snake, raised a false alarm which made everyone take to their heels.

The rush to exit the place led to the injury of over 40 students and the death of Gbenga Olukoyi, who allegedly gave up the ghost after being rushed to a hospital where he was rejected him due to the inability of those who took him there to make initial deposit.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/05/oou-student-dies-in-stampede-during.html
L
blogger and lie they are twinsgrin
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by bluefilm: 11:22pm On May 08, 2019
I don't know why but imagining this whole stampede scenario as e take happen from beginning to the end has got me still rolling on the floor unable to stop laughing. grin grin grin

But such is life.
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by adeosuntunde: 11:23pm On May 08, 2019
Successimpactld:
blogger and lie they are twinsgrin

Give us the true story then.
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by ElPhoche(m): 11:25pm On May 08, 2019
nairaproject:

As a Doctor you should know that Life First, Others are secondary. You may not know the worth of the person.
I do my best, but it is easier said than done. It is not my hospital. Also, that hospital has consumables that they use that needs replacement for the next person
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by onegig(m): 11:56pm On May 08, 2019
Nigerians just don't take their personal safety seriously. That's why tons die needless deaths. If you check well, that viewing center would have only one exit and probably poor ventilation.

You would see them coverge back there again tonight. Instead of looking at the tragedy and finding solutions to avoiding a reooccurence. They would shout It is the devil.

Safety Safety Safety is something most throw into the wind and just believe we would survive. It's not my turn we shout. Those who just died also posted the same thing few months back.

2 Likes

Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Range63: 12:17am On May 09, 2019
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Lukebryan2sure: 12:33am On May 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Viewing centre madness must end........ They all have smartphones, simply buy data and stream......

At the leisure of your bedroom/lounge.............

E dey sweet some people to watch ball for viewing centre than there comfort zone, some even go with there babe

1 Like

Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Lexusgs430: 12:35am On May 09, 2019
Lukebryan2sure:

E dey sweet some people to watch ball for viewing centre than there comfort zone, some even go with there babe

I love my creature comforts + my privacy..........
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by CandidNotes: 1:13am On May 09, 2019
ElPhoche:
inasmuch as harsh as it sounds, majority of people don't pay at all or don't make their full payment after being treated on compassionate grounds. The hospital could run down if care is not taken because she needs those funds to cater to her personnel and stock up. A pity we don't have a good health insurance for such cases. I have been at the receiving end of it and it is usually my nurses who have their salaries slashed when those people abscond. By law you can't even keep patients in the hospital to pay before they go because you would be guilty of hostage-taking. So, some hospitals prefer to be safe than sorry

Bro, not in a life and death situation such as this. This is inexcusable.
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by 9jaRealist: 1:33am On May 09, 2019
ElPhoche:

Obviously not personally privy to the actual facts of this case...
But often these stories about hospitals rejecting a critical care patient because of initial deposit turn out to be substantively inaccurate.

1 Like

Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by 9jaRealist: 1:46am On May 09, 2019
CandidNotes:

Bro, not in a life and death situation such as this. This is inexcusable.

My personal experience (of which is relatively vast) is that most Nigerian doctors would treat a critical care patient even if there is no deposit made. A prominent example is the female youth corper shut dead by a cop in Abuja in July of last year (2018). The initial story was that she was initially denied treatment at Garki General Hospital for lack of a deposit, but when the CCTV tapes were released it clearly showed medical personnel leaping immediately into action to try to save her life. Another example was the manager in Ikeja who was shot and killed by armed robbers in front of his family last year. The initial story was that the private hospital declined treatment because of a deposit and advised the family to take him to a government hospital instead, but ultimately what emerged was that the private hospital advised the family that given the nature of his injuries (which they nonetheless administered basic treatment) his best hope was the Critical Care Unit at LASU.
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by dochenaj: 1:47am On May 09, 2019
Stampede because of one snake. What were they all thinking or not thinking?
But I have a feeling this news is fake.
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by deltateam: 2:40am On May 09, 2019
Trizzi:
after being rushed to a hospital where he was rejected him due to the inability of those who took him there to make initial deposit.

Rest in peace

If I say Nigeria is a failed state now, some mofos be questioning my patriotism.

In USA this nonsense can never happen, once anybody is rushed to the hospital treatment starts especially if its life threatening situation. To stabilize the person should be the priority.

Besides is it not even these hospitals that look like poultry houses are now doing iyanga abi?
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by PoliticalChinex(m): 2:53am On May 09, 2019
Alaranmuhammed:

Ameen.I don't know what is wrong,they will pay na after treatment,this same issue happened to my bro in 2015 UCL BARCA MADRID..UI independence hall viewing center..he was rejected by the medics at Jaja clinic. May God relief his parents..

Hope your brother survived that??
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Papiiyke: 3:49am On May 09, 2019
Them for burn that hospital down..... Jux because of deposit dem allow the promising young boy due.....
Re: OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) by Luvinghubby: 3:51am On May 09, 2019
RIP brother.

This incident makes me recall how Yusuf Buhari was flown abroad after that accident.
Health insurance is a right for all citizen of Nigeria but it has now become priviledge.

Smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asamoah Gyan Goes Broke, Has Just £600? / Ifeanyi Uba Slaps Ebele Obi For Punching A Referee(video / Meet South African Player, Minnies, Who Looks Like Brazil’s Ronaldinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.