Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying (67060 Views)

Help!!! My Dog Is Dying / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy / Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by owowa145(m): 11:44pm On May 16, 2019
ellalina:
It all started 5 nights ago. I came back from work and came along with my usual suya to feed alixis( female Caucasian + German breed) and Sanchez (male same mixed breed)

I noticed Alexis was eating with usual excitement and energy but Sanchez will not eat.
The next morning I woke up to very smelly vomit everywhere. Sanchez who refused to eat has been vomiting and its smelly.this continued till the next day. He has stopped eating and will only take water.
Day 3 I called in my vet who vaccinated them and treated Sanchez. He told me the dog will recover buy by evening the dog seems to be going worse as he is now vomiting only water.as I type this, he has lost so much weight looking so skeletal and is still refusing to eat. Everyone is giving up already as he has refused to recover. Please help me guy. I have been feeding them can food since I got them and made sure their environment is very clean. Alexis the female is fine and very active but Sanchez is almost gone.
u named a dog Sanchez and expect him to last cry
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by hausadreturn(m): 12:08am On May 17, 2019
It is obvious from the comments that people read just the main topic and then drop their comments.
They don't bother reading what other people have said. The dog was dead since page 1, but people are still giving solutions in page 3.
Nairalanders which way na?

Sorry for your dog o.p.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by svc1(m): 12:43am On May 17, 2019
It's called parvo virus, d likely chances of ur puppy to survive is 5%.. I would advice u take the other puppy away from this versinity. Get a Vet to vacinate the healthy pup. But keep the healthy dog away from that compound until u have sterilized the whole house..
Pavor is a common virus that affect GSD, Caucasian pups, and for Rot mostly at adult age.. it is always adviced to vacinate your puppies regularly.. I lost my slant back GSD after all d treatment.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by ZaraGift: 12:57am On May 17, 2019
Rubbish
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by ZaraGift: 12:58am On May 17, 2019
Smh
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:59am On May 17, 2019
Cook them chop nau
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by TechCapon(m): 2:31am On May 17, 2019
ellalina:
he died
so sorry
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by oldmaster: 3:23am On May 17, 2019
Bro I have experienced such with my puppies you can blame the vet, but the problem is from SON Standard Organization of Nigeria . they are useless people because they are not regulating vaccine that comes into the country .
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by tradepunter: 3:25am On May 17, 2019
Am so angry to hear the dog died.. And the vet did a very bad job, I was expecting he would have carried out test to pin point the problem... I wish we had passionate Vets like Dr Pol and Yukon vet..
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by ellalina(f): 4:58am On May 17, 2019
Dazuki:
Why the dog no go die when u keep them in such dirty place
that is not dirty place. The dog love tonplay with slippers. No matter how you return the slippers they will go and bring it again

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by ellalina(f): 5:03am On May 17, 2019
TGMISKY:
This is the same pattern my neighbour's dog (Spartan) followed before dying on the 1st of January, 2019.
#RIPSpartan

But why did you name your dogs Alexis and Sanchez?
because he left arsenal

1 Like

Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by ellalina(f): 5:06am On May 17, 2019
slyfoxxjoe:
Sorry about the loss. Feed your dogs well. Take them to a QUALIFIED vet days after they are born to Get all the required shots and vaccinations. Take them for regular checkups. Bathe them once a week with recommended k9 shampoo and give the mulitvitamin supplements. Give them good food..SUYA is not food for dogs!!!! Owning and raising a healthy pup is a lot of work and costs money. if you can't handle this then please don't get one. You are obviously not a qualified dog owner. No offence.
They a meat can food morning and night. They bath and I clean their ears regularly. The suya is just a bonus food for them.
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by Gr8fulHeart(f): 5:08am On May 17, 2019
This looks like its parvo o. Lost my gsd alex to this some months ago after vet tried everything to make sure he lived. Seperate both dogs to reduce uce the chances of both being infected. Remember parvo survival rate is 50-50
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by Nobody: 5:10am On May 17, 2019
Sorry for ur loss op.. but i wonder how ur dogs come close to suya talk more eating it Next time take good care of ur pets and always take them to the vet else don't own a pet if u ain't ready to care for it properly.. Na wah dog dey chop suya... u know wetin aboki take dey soak the meat Or because ur belle fit hold am u come dey feed am to dogs.. I used to have a German shepherd who grew from a pup to a very mature adult before his children attacked and killed him then i stopped having dogs around me, never have i succeeded in giving him suya anytime i tried that shiit he would smell it and simply walk away from it even when i mix it with his food. Your dogs must be starved to be eating wtv they see undecided

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by deltateam: 5:28am On May 17, 2019
svc1:
It's called parvo virus, d likely chances of ur puppy to survive is 5%.. I would advice u take the other puppy away from this versinity. Get a Vet to vacinate the healthy pup. But keep the healthy dog away from that compound until u have sterilized the whole house..
Pavor is a common virus that affect GSD, Caucasian pups, and for Rot mostly at adult age.. it is always adviced to vacinate your puppies regularly.. I lost my slant back GSD after all d treatment.

Calabar people that eat dogs may have it. Don't you think so.

I think all dead dogs will be cooked and given to them. That's how useless viruses are transmitted.
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by Maket: 5:30am On May 17, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Rip to the Dog.

Some of these quack vets no go school o, how many go uni go study d course sef. Many of them freestyle the treatment. If your dog survive, your luck.
He needs a good vet with passion to solve his problem.

1) A good vet will ask you so many question to get the history right, check the body temperature, check the dehydration level and balance the lost electrolyte through fluid administration which will take care of the weakness.

2) He may give both anti-pyretic and anti-helminthic depending on what he examined.

3) use a good antibiotics depending on the examination too.

4) will vaccinate the sick one after recovery.

*I don't understand when you said he vaccinated them*
Who is the breeder that crosses GSD with Caucasians?
What is he trying to get from it?
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by MrBONE2(m): 5:34am On May 17, 2019
Offpoint:
Nairaland is filled up with weird people, the read the update that says "He died" yet they're still giving advice.... I tire for this forum

grin
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by Maket: 5:34am On May 17, 2019
tradepunter:
Am so angry to hear the dog died.. And the vet did a very bad job, I was expecting he would have carried out test to pin point the problem... I wish we had passionate Vets like Dr Pol and Yukon vet..
we do only that you have not be opportune to meet them.
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by Goalnaldo(m): 5:43am On May 17, 2019
hausadreturn:
It is obvious from the comments that people read just the main topic and then drop their comments.
They don't bother reading what other people have said. The dog was dead since page 1, but people are still giving solutions in page 3.
Nairalanders which way na?

Sorry for your dog o.p.
some don't even read the main topic especially if it's a little bit long.. they just comment base on the heading.
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by HisGrace0000001(m): 5:50am On May 17, 2019
ellalina:
because he left arsenal
Lol, but it later became a blessing to you and a curse to us(manutd).
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by Nobody: 6:05am On May 17, 2019
Maket:

He needs a good vet with passion to solve his problem.

1) A good vet will ask you so many question to get the history right, check the body temperature, check the dehydration level and balance the lost electrolyte through fluid administration which will take care of the weakness.

2) He may give both anti-pyretic and anti-helminthic depending on what he examined.

3) use a good antibiotics depending on the examination too.

4) will vaccinate the sick one after recovery.

*I don't understand when you said he vaccinated them*
Who is the breeder that crosses GSD with Caucasians?
What is he trying to get from it?

You a qualified vet? I don't get the breed too. But you know dogs can be funny, when in heat I doubt they care about different breed but go at it like that.
Re: Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying by Nicklaus619(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2019
Deem this is a dejavu
That was how I lost my own dog 30th December 2018.
To pavo virus, it's obvious the vet doc didn't run a proper check on your dog, above symptoms u listed was exactly what my Las-Vagas passed through before giving up... God I cried my heart out.... How is wished I took him to a good vet Becuase the vet that came to my house told me the dog will be fine after administering some injections on him, but the dog was getting worst, I had to take him to another doc who confirmed it Pavo virus, cry, and before we could start proper treatment, I lost my best friend. It was a very sad experience, that I don't wanna experience ever again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Talk To A Veterinarian / Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.