Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? (4301 Views)

'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' / MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made / MTN now allows you to borrow cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by validpoints: 10:14am On May 09, 2019
I noticed recently that Mtn beta talk now charges from main account instead of bonus, is the company now broke and wanna salvage the situation by stealing from its customers? I think they are going contrary to what the beta talk advert stipulates (which is charging from bonus credit before main account).
I just found out it isn't just Beta talk, but on all the plans.
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by ken6488(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2019
validpoints:
I noticed recently that Mtn beta talk now charges from main account instead of bonus, is the company now broke and wanna salvage the situation by stealing from its customers? I think they are going contrary to what the beta talk advert stipulates.

Maybe they find out some hackers are exploiting them just like

Previous airtel reverse data tricks
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by validpoints: 10:54am On May 09, 2019
ken6488:

Maybe they find out some hackers are exploiting them just like

Previous airtel reverse data tricks
Or maybe they just wanna rip off their customers
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by cardoso222: 11:05am On May 09, 2019
Mtn is broke
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by ken6488(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2019
validpoints:

Or maybe they just wanna rip off their customers

Airtel and MTN

Are master in that

1 Like

Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by ken6488(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2019
cardoso222:
Mtn is broke

Glo don theif all her customers
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by validpoints: 11:46am On May 09, 2019
ken6488:

Airtel and MTN

Are master in that

Bro, if not for the fact most people already have my mtn number, I would have ditched them a long time ago...
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by ken6488(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2019
validpoints:

Bro, if not for the fact most people already have my mtn number, I would have ditched them a long time ago...

Yeah

My Airtel number is my official number for many stuffz..

But I just left it in my main phone

While glo do the browsing stuff

Airtel
MTN
First bank

Major scam
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by validpoints: 12:07pm On May 09, 2019
ken6488:

Yeah

My Airtel number is my official number for many stuffz..

But I just left it in my main phone

While glo do the browsing stuff

Airtel
MTN
First bank

Major scam

Same here, Glo does it for me when it comes to browsing, I'm yet to understand it when people curse and ridicule glo online, I guess I'm lucky to be using a 4g enabled phone plus my location is glo inclined too hehe...
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by DonEd(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2019
MTN are armed robbers from time immemorial.

The only reason I still use MTN for calls is because I have had my line since they first stepped foot in Nigeria.

Glo does the browsing for me.
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by Heartmender1: 1:40pm On May 09, 2019
Because of people like me.

I always recharge my line once i am running out of d beta talk bonus (accumulating the main balance) so i can save d main balance for even a month without using it but just the bonus.
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by ken6488(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2019
validpoints:

Same here, Glo does it for me when it comes to browsing, I'm yet to understand it when people curse and ridicule glo online, I guess I'm lucky to be using a 4g enabled phone plus my location is glo inclined too hehe...

Glo saves morning

Glo have the cheapest data around
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by athaboi(f): 2:18pm On May 09, 2019
validpoints:
I noticed recently that Mtn beta talk now charges from main account instead of bonus, is the company now broke and wanna salvage the situation by stealing from its customers? I think they are going contrary to what the beta talk advert stipulates (which is charging from bonus credit before main account).
it's because you borrowed the data you are using. If you borrow data to browse and recharge your line, they will be charging from the bonus. But if you pay up what you are owing...they will stop. They are still the best
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by tamra(f): 2:22pm On May 09, 2019
athaboi:
it's because you borrowed the data you are using. If you borrow data to browse and recharge your line, they will be charging from the bonus. But if you pay up what you are owing...they will stop. They are still the best

Not totally true though.
I also noticed it and I don't borrow airtime/data.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by JideSM: 2:47pm On May 09, 2019
validpoints:

Thank you for your post. A recent review of our tariff plans now makes it that on MTN BetaTalk plan, your first-minute call of the day will be billed from your Main Account as against your Bonus Account. You can share your complaints or enquiries with us on our thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by validpoints: 3:02pm On May 09, 2019
athaboi:

No, you are wrong.. I've never borrowed airtime/data..
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by validpoints: 3:06pm On May 09, 2019
JideSM:

Thank you for your post. A recent review of our tariff plans now makes it that on MTN BetaTalk plan, your first-minute call of the day will be billed from your Main Account as against your Bonus Account. You can share your complaints or enquiries with us on our thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread.

Wanna know the truth? Your company is gonna lose customers... The reason most people still use mtn is because of calls and not data.. More than 60 percent of your customers are on beta talk, why the sudden change of touching their main balance whereas they have bonys? You guys keep ripping off your customers.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:25pm On May 09, 2019
That is why I love 9mobile. No stress at all.
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by ken6488(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2019
validpoints:

Wanna know the truth? Your company is gonna lose customers... The reason most people still use mtn is because of calls and not data.. More than 60 percent of your customers are on beta talk, why the sudden change of touching their main balance whereas they have bonys? You guys keep ripping off your customers.

When you

Enter glo

You will see that
MTN and airtel

Na major scam
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by Sicilyjoe: 6:03pm On May 10, 2019
Same thing happen to me and I was wondering, that's the reason I abandoned my airtel line and mtn has joined them, i think is time to join glo
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 11, 2019
athaboi:
Not true. Mtn yanfun yanfun customers are experiencing same fate infact mtn just confirm my assertion when I called them
Re: Why Is Mtn Now Charging From Main Account First Instead Of Bonus Balance? by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 11, 2019
Sicilyjoe:
Same thing happen to me and I was wondering, that's the reason I abandoned my airtel line and mtn has joined them, i think is time to join glo
The main reason why this phenomenon is occurring is because of inflation

(1) (Reply)

HELP: Is Redmi Note7 Worth The Hype? / How To Register On Humanity Nest App / Tecno N3, Q1and D5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.