Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! (672 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia / Lagerback Dumps Nigeria …siasia Is Eagles’ New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! by wales(m): 6:21am On Sep 22, 2010
Amidst calls for Heartland manager Samson Siasia to collect the $20, 000 offered by the Nigeria Football Federation if given the national team manager‘s job, the former Nigeria striker says sacrifice should not come in the negotiations for the job.

Negotiations between Siasia and the NFF broke down after the Bayelsa-born coach demanded for a signing-on fee and a monthly salary of $100,000. But the NFF said they could only offer $20,000, with no signing-on fee.

Siasia told goal.com, ”What do you mean by sacrifice? I‘ve sacrificed a lot for Nigeria. There are different levels of sacrifices. If this issue was personal, with a result expected to be personal, I can do anything for the good of my country.

“But we‘re talking about a very difficult and sensitive job, where you‘re hammered at the slightest blunder. If you accept peanuts, and you‘re hooked along the way unable to deliver what is expected of you because of diminishing means and resources, nobody would look at the reasons why you failed. They would say you‘re an incompetent coach that‘s all.”

He added that the NFF was capable of paying the $100, 000 he demanded.

”Why not? The NFF has done more than that in the past. If they could pay Berti Vogts $50,000 per month and Lars Lagerbäck more than that, why can‘t they pay me well too? They have the money. The fact is we don‘t appreciate our own people. I don‘t know why we blacks are like that.”

The 2005 U-20 World Cup silver medalist said it was wrong for some analysts to say $20,000 monthly salary was okay for him considering Nigeria‘s present standard of living.

”Who talked about $20,000? The only time we, (the NFF and I), discussed, we didn‘t arrive at that. I don‘t know what people are reading in the papers.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100922149934

Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! by wales(m): 6:22am On Sep 22, 2010
Why operate two standards. If Nigerians were to hear that Siasia was offered a job for $20,000 in the US & a US citizen offered $100,000 for the same job, Nigeria will be the first to scream racism to the world. Will Siasia do a lesser job than other fatly paid foreign coaches? The NFF of whatever they are called should be sued & tried for racism.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! by orangemen: 9:17am On Sep 22, 2010
Why operate two standards. If Nigerians were to hear that Siasia was offered a job for $20,000 in the US & a US citizen offered $100,000 for the same job, Nigeria will be the first to scream racism to the world. Will Siasia do a lesser job than other fatly paid foreign coaches?Huh The NFF of whatever they are called should be sued & tried for racism.

@wales,
u have my vote and support for that. when has nigeria turned out to be a less priveledged country seeking for help from siasia.
business is business.
siasia has named his price so it is left the foolish nff to agree or go back to their born to coach eagles coaches - amodu and eguavon.
they are just joking because they know it is eguavon's turn to coach after which amodu will come back.
Re: I Can’t Sacrifice For Nigeria – Siasia ! by mukina2: 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2010

(1)

Shocker: Eagles' Obama Cup May Be A Fraud / Mexico Vs Usa Live Concacaf Gold Cup Final Soccer Match Prediction / Ghana/nigeria Friendly: Mikel, Taiwo, 9 Others Hit Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.