Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Is It Alright For A Married Woman Give Assistance To Her Brothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Alright For A Married Woman Give Assistance To Her Brothers (1032 Views)

Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? / I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) / The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Alright For A Married Woman Give Assistance To Her Brothers by nossycheek(f): 11:16am On May 03, 2007
Just want to know if it is proper for a married woman to give financial assistance to her brothers and sisters?

And does she require her husband's permission for that if she is a salary earner?
Re: Is It Alright For A Married Woman Give Assistance To Her Brothers by cuteass1(f): 12:31am On May 04, 2007
nossycheek:

And does she require her husband's permission for that if she is a salary earner?

Well i think its OK to help your family, but do not over-do it. I mean, don't do it at the expense of your own household and their hapiness. I know some women who would want to help their brothers even when they know their household-expenses cannot affort it.

They think its their husband's loss but at the end of the day it hurts all parties involved. Atimes it results to hidden enemity between the in-laws (the husband and the brohers of the lady, more unlucky situations will now draw the lady's mum into the mess) sad

Something that could have been prevented if the lady was being a wife and mother first wink

nossycheek:

To some extent, yes she does. Its not only on paper you guys agree to be "one", its for a living. When huge decisions are to be made, they should both be in agreement, even though its the lady's salary.
Aren't they supposed to be taking care of the family together?
Shouldn't they be more of a couple than single individually minded?
Would the lady appreciate it if the guy shipped half of his earnings to his birth family.

If its a chicken-change to buy bisciuts and chocolates, thats a differnt one but
When you're married, in my opinion your immediate family becomes your first priority and planning spot cheesy
Re: Is It Alright For A Married Woman Give Assistance To Her Brothers by spoilt(f): 4:42am On May 04, 2007
whatever a man can do with money a woman can do with money too. cool
Re: Is It Alright For A Married Woman Give Assistance To Her Brothers by cuteass1(f): 3:56pm On May 04, 2007
spoilt:

whatever a man can do with money a woman can do with money too. cool

Dear, you're right.

In my opinion the guy should also put it on the table to be discussed as a family decision.

But in a case where both parties that are the head of the family do things without the other person's knowlegde or consent, then the lady should be my guest wink

Doing it in form of a[b] sneak[/b] (which some women do) is what i'm against!!!

(1) (Reply)

Right Age To Get Married. / Pressure To Take A Second Wife / Bigamist Spared Prison Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.