Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,519 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

What A Day; Radisson Blu Ikeja - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What A Day; Radisson Blu Ikeja (937 Views)

All In A Day's Work (a Short Story) / What A Day (by Abiodun O)...18+ / A Day Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Day; Radisson Blu Ikeja by ObinnaT: 2:36pm On May 09, 2019
Walking into the Radisson Blu Hotel Ikeja, I was transfixed at the magnificent beauty of the structure. My brother had come back from America and decided to book a hotel room where he would pass nights for few days. He had chatted me up and asked for a better hotel to book and I told him Radisson Blu Hotel. I sat in the sitting room with Mama and Papa when my phone rung. It beeped, vibrating on the edge of the sofa. I was fixated on the television and Mama shouted, "is it not your phone that's ringing, this boy?"

I shook and turned, then picked up my phone. Papa's gaze was still concentrated on the television. I stared at my phone and it was my brother, and my facial expression changed — tender and my cheeks blushed. I swiped the screen and placed the phone towards my ear.

"Hello," I said.

"Please, meet me at the hotel," he replied.

Mama gave me a go ahead, feeling excited. I arrived at the hotel and in few minutes, my brother arrived in a black Toyota car. It's been a long time since I saw my brother and I smiled. We shook each other and hugged. I assisted him with his luggage as we waltzed into the hotel. The receptionist's smile was angelic and warm. I loved her gap tooth and I imagined how her lit and calm face with the soothing voice would make customers revisit again. My eyes rotated around as my brother was engrossed in conversations. He was directed to the room he had booked down.

The cool breeze emitted by the big air conditioners stiffened my body and the serenity pierced through the pore of my skin. "Thank you, Thank you," I said faintly.

I finally walked into the room my brother ordered and was wowed by the beauty of the room. I admired the chandelier that hung on the ceiling and the bedspread glowed translucent.

My brother sat on the chair while his laptop laid on the table and he punched the keys swiftly. I sat on the bed and still admired the whole room till my eyes sauntered to the bathroom. I stood up and walked towards the bathtub and admired it, and the sauna, till my brother tapped me smiling, and I turned.

He had a tight fitted short and a shirt that hugged his body baring his huge biceps. I guessed my brother had been working out and I stared at him. We walked to a restaurant where he ordered local delicacies and we had enough before we waltzed to a bar where we drank and passed out in our room.

The next morning, my brother woke up and said to me, "this is a beautiful hotel, and I can't wait to bring my friends from USA sooner. I never knew there were beautiful suites like this in Nigeria."

I smiled and nodded. "Nigeria is getting better," I said and we giggled.

Hotels.ng Competition. FOR Radisson Blu Hotel.
Re: What A Day; Radisson Blu Ikeja by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 09, 2019
Nice advert
The place is whacked
Re: What A Day; Radisson Blu Ikeja by ObinnaT: 2:52pm On May 09, 2019
Shibaraba:
Nice advert
The place is whacked

Lol, well we all have different experiences but more good reviews triumph.

1 Like

Re: What A Day; Radisson Blu Ikeja by gistcity(m): 2:15am On Oct 19, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Lead-africa Writers Inaugural Conference: You Are Invited / The Story You've Been Waiting For Here --- Flower Boy And The S3x Addict / What's Your Reading Speed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.