Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall (1162 Views)

Afa Consultation For Igbo Dibia Afa / Mommy G.o Live Interview With Bbc Video / The Secret World Of Female Free Masons -bbc video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by OpenYourEyes1: 5:34pm On May 09, 2019
Nice proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZmdHyar4i8

Credit: FOLYKAZE
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by OpenYourEyes1: 5:38pm On May 09, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Nice proof.

Please note that I am not promoting this. Visiting juju people or using juju is forbidden by GOD
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by OpenYourEyes1: 5:38pm On May 09, 2019
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by Emusan(m): 5:48pm On May 09, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Nice proof.

FOLYKAZE the only open-minded atheist on Nairaland.
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by meobizy(f): 3:52am On May 10, 2019
I’ll watch it when I purchase data and comment properly.
For now this thread is *followed*.
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by OkCornel(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2019
Would have been better if this was done in the dry season...

The documentary stated that it rains often at that time of the year.

6 Likes

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by OpenYourEyes1: 7:46am On May 10, 2019
OkCornel:
Would have been better if this was done in the dry season...

The documentary stated that it rains often at that time of the year.

Would you accept this as proof if it is repeated multiple times with thesame results?
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by Nobody: 8:24am On May 10, 2019
According to the video, it rains often in that area. Secondly, the rainmaker couldn't make it rain immediately but rather, promise it will in the next 2hrs.

Sorry, but I will stick to my weather app. This doesn't prove a thing..

Come with something more distinctive, perhaps an amputated limb growing back..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by OkCornel(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Would you accept this as proof if it is repeated multiple times with thesame results?

In the dry season... Yes
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by NPComplete: 5:18pm On May 10, 2019
OkCornel:

In the dry season... Yes

It doesn't even need to be in dry season. I am generous enough to let them try it in a rainy season. Provided they can limit the rain to a particular areas of my choosing. And make it rain 5 times out of 6. I have rainmakers in my extended family. They are lying frauds.

We have already trashed the rain-making nonsense in the thread the OP got this story from. And confined it to the dustbin that it belongs.

The story was created by BBC Pidgin. Meaning that crooked or superstitious Nigerians made the story. And it was not any test nor does it prove anything conclusively

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by TVSA: 7:39pm On May 10, 2019
Something like rainmakers full my village. These ones help you redirect rain somewhere else. But all na still scam. Rain will still fall or not, it's just a guessing game. cheesy cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by iamdannyfc(m): 8:21pm On May 10, 2019
I have been following the other thread now to this. Even though i haven't watch the video, I am pretty sure this thing you are calling juju is actually called CLOUD SEEDING.
You can check Wikipedia for more info, CLOUD SEEDING are used in diverting weather/rainfall at the airport.
Maybe when I watch sha.but if it is CLOUD SEEDING,then it is just pure chemistry and does not have anything to do with the supernatural

Npcomplete folykaze opwnyoureyes1

2 Likes

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by OpenYourEyes1: 8:21pm On May 10, 2019
NPComplete:

It doesn't even need to be in dry season. I am generous enough to let them try it in a rainy season. Provided they can limit the rain to a particular areas of my choosing. And make it rain 5 times out of 6. I have rainmakers in my extended family. They are lying frauds.

We have already trashed the rain-making nonsense in the thread the OP got this story from. And confined it to the dustbin that it belongs.

The story was created by BBC Pidgin. Meaning that crooked or superstitious Nigerians made the story. And it was not any test nor does it prove anything conclusively

Stop panicking my friend.

Paranormal/supernatural investigation is alien to our culture. I was a little surprised to see a young Nigerian investigating a juju man..

Investigations like that are very common in the West. I have more credible paranormal videos from this foreign countries and they are absolutely mind-blowing.
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by CAPSLOCKED: 10:08pm On May 10, 2019
HenryDion:
According to the video, it rains often in that area. Secondly, the rainmaker couldn't make it rain immediately but rather, promise it will in the next 2hrs.

Sorry, but I will stick to my weather app. This doesn't prove a thing..

Come with something more distinctive, perhaps an amputated limb growing back..

BELIEVERS OF RELIGIONS/SUPERSTITIONS ARE THE MOST MORONIC, AND I MEAN NO DISRESPECT.

WHAT'S THE FUNCTION OF A RAINMAKER THAT CANNOT PRODUCE RAIN DURING DRY SEASON?
MOST OF THESE THINGS ARE PLAIN JOKES, BUT BELIEVERS JUST WANT TO "BELIEVE" EVERYTHING WITHOUT THINKING TWICE. IT'S A PITY MY FRIEND.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:21am On May 11, 2019
iamdannyfc:
I have been following the other thread now to this. Even though i haven't watch the video, I am pretty sure this thing you are calling juju is actually called CLOUD SEEDING.
You can check Wikipedia for more info, CLOUD SEEDING are used in diverting weather/rainfall at the airport.
Maybe when I watch sha.but if it is CLOUD SEEDING,then it is just pure chemistry and does not have anything to do with the supernatural

What has Gin, and candle got to do with cloud seeding?

Do the west seed cloud with ogogoro?

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by NPComplete: 6:58am On May 11, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Stop panicking my friend.

Paranormal/supernatural investigation is alien to our culture. I was a little surprised to see a young Nigerian investigating a juju man..

Investigations like that are very common in the West. I have more credible paranormal videos from this foreign countries and they are absolutely mind-blowing.

There are no credible paranormal videos from anywhere.
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by NPComplete: 7:05am On May 11, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Folykaze. U just like to believe anything u see sha.

See usually a rainmaker does not work alone. I know this because I have a lot of relatives who do it.
While one is in front of u drinking the gin u brought for him and dancing, the other is somewhere around burning leaves. Lots of leaves. Those leaves and ash from them is what is sometimes used for cloud-seeding.

That's why I said this isn't an investigative video. And the video producers don't know what to look out for. If they had investigated something like this before, they would been much more specific. They would have given him an exact time to make it rain and an exact time to make it stop. They would have also asked him to direct the rain.

Rainmakers are fake.

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by NPComplete: 9:54am On May 11, 2019
Emusan:

FOLYKAZE the only open-minded atheist on Nairaland.

Well this must be embarrassing for u. Since the guy isn't an atheist but a traditionalist.

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by Emusan(m): 10:49am On May 11, 2019
NPComplete:

Well this must be embarrassing for u. Since the guy isn't an atheist but a traditionalist.

What do you know?

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2019
Emusan:

What do you know?

Bros abeg free that guy. Like I said before, he is most likely an idiot. Can think, but not thinking properly.

@OpenYourEye1. Thanks for mentioning me on this thread. Also, I am sorry for coming on the thread late. Reason is I don't want to run into any landmine. I am studying every possible sides.

Firstly, I am not a science expert. And I am not sorcerer. But you know, Man needs to learn and keep learning.

Secondly, I will need to call attention of OkCornel here. He dropped a very important terminology while trying to dismiss the video. The term "Cloud seeding" is not new. I only took my time yesterday to read more about it.

I have heard about rainmakers but haven't seen or meet one before. And thanks to the BBC investigator for bringing this unknown rainmaker into the limelight. And not just a story, we also have a video.

These are things I deduced from the story and video..

- The investigator noted that from the weather predictions, it was likely to rain on that day.

- The Dibia acknowledged that it should rain, but he had a job from Celebrants who paid him to stop rain.

- The Dibia then opted to make it rain lightly. This is to prove he can make it rain and also stop rain at will. The little droplet would serve as evidence to investigators and also won't disrupt ongoing parry.

- Investigator agreed and set stage. There were even public audience who came to witness the test.

- Dibia indeed made it rain lightly as promised.

- When the investigator were about to go, Dibia told them again they would witness heavy downpour.

- Investigator confirmed it pour heavily and earn had to stop their car on their way to the city.

- These are three instances and it turned positive according to the reporter.

- However, the reporter noted that he wasn't sure if the incidence is natural or not.

In all these, we found that;

- Dibia stopped and could make it rain as reported.

- The reporter is an eye witness and wouldn't have made up any junk as story.

- People believe the Dibia to the extent of paying him for his service.

- The tools needed is burn fire, Gin, candle and other fetish stuff you could imagine.

Now from what I read from Cloud seeding

- It serve only one purpose, which is increase precipitation. Meaning there would be more rain than usual. There is no account of it stopping rain.

- The most common chemicals used for cloud seeding include silver iodide , potassium iodide and dry ice (solid carbon dioxide).

- The method of dispersing these chemicals is through aircraft, ground to air canister rocket laucher, air craft gun and lately, they use infrared laser.

- a read further, you will find that science community acknowledged Cloud seeding is not effective and/or the effective rate to success is below 10%

A study conducted by the National Academy of Sciences failed to find statistically significant support for the effectiveness of cloud seeding. Based on the report's findings, Stanford University ecologist Rob Jackson said: "I think you can squeeze out a little more snow or rain in some places under some conditions, but that's quite different from a program claiming to reliably increase precipitation." Data similar to that of the NAS study was acquired in a separate study conducted by the Wyoming Weather Modification Pilot Project. However, whereas the NAS study concluded that "it is difficult to show clearly that cloud seeding has a very large effect," the WWMPP study concluded that "seeding could augment the snowpack by a maximum of 3% over an entire season." [8]

In 2003 the US National Research Council (NRC) released a report stating, "...science is unable to say with assurance which, if any, seeding techniques produce positive effects. In the 55 years following the first cloud-seeding demonstrations, substantial progress has been made in understanding the natural processes that account for our daily weather. Yet scientifically acceptable proof for significant seeding effects has not been achieved". [9] :13

A 2010 Tel Aviv University study claimed that the common practice of cloud seeding to improve rainfall, with materials such as silver iodide and frozen carbon dioxide, seems to have little if any impact on the amount of precipitation. [10] A 2011 study suggested that airplanes may produce ice particles by freezing cloud droplets that cool as they flow around the tips of propellers, over wings or over jet aircraft, and thereby unintentionally seed clouds. This could have potentially serious consequences for particular hail stone formation. [11]

However, Jeff Tilley, director of weather modification at the Desert Research Institute in Reno, claimed in 2016 that new technology and research has produced reliable results that make cloud seeding a dependable and affordable water supply practice for many regions. [12] Moreover, in 1998 the American Meteroligical Society held that "precipitation from supercooled orographic clouds (clouds that develop over mountains) has been seasonally increased by about 10%." [13]

Despite the mixed scientific results, cloud seeding was attempted during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing to coax rain showers out of clouds before they reached the Olympic city in order to prevent rain during the opening and closing ceremonies. [14] Whether this attempt was successful is a matter of dispute, with Roelof Bruintjes, who leads the National Center for Atmospheric Research’s weather-modification group, remarking that “we cannot make clouds or chase clouds away.”

Source: Wikipedia

My verdict:

While Dibia could make and stop rain, cloud seeding can only increase precipitation.

Cloud seeding is success rate is 10/100 and far below. Dibia success rate base on the report is 100/100

Cost of execution is low and risk free, cloud seeding would need advance technology and chemicals coming at a cost and prone a disaster to health of general public.

While both manipulate the weather, the science community do not understand how to make it work... Dibia or let me say Spiritualist have been doing these for long.

(please note, science and spirituality are just different sides of same coin)

I must admit there are still more to answer by the Dibia.

However, one begin to wonder what type of youth we have on nairaland. The one the west wrote that they are lesser human, could hardly think and never make anything on his own, they are running unto the same west to approve weathering methods.

One of them asked... Why couldn't the dibia make it rain immediately, why did it rain 2hrs after. I begin to wonder if cloud seeding makes it rain almost immediately. Does he even know whatever to the cloud would take time before it disperse and dissolve properly?

Has weather app accurately predict it would rain at so so time? Most of it predictions are not even accurate. But you know Africans, na white make sense pass...sticking to their as. s is intelligence

Another one I think will be smart is asking if Dibia could make it rain in dry season...what can he do at all? He should tell us his feet and let us examine it.

Another one stated it is scam....so the reporter couldn't deduct rainmaker predicted the incident.

@Emusan, that idiot who stated his family could make rain, he should be asked to bring any of his family member to come do it.

When a video like this came out, I expect people to look for the man and start questioning him. To investigate and see if he is worthy of been added into scientific field where he will add more knowledge to weather studies.
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by NPComplete: 1:12pm On May 11, 2019
Emusan:

What do you know?

Shameless nonsense. Accept correction and give the right labels next time.

He has been properly dealt with on the other thread. And the attempt by u and the OP to give life to his ludicrous beliefs here has now been equally trashed. We had to force-feed him sense and logic and now he is even agreeing that the dibia still has questions to answer. I can say we have been successful in disabusing him of some his ridiculous beliefs.

There's nothing u can do about it. Just try and get a better evidence for your silly beliefs next time.
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by lepasharon(f): 1:43pm On May 11, 2019
@folykaze why call him an idiot for being sceptical? You are sounding like a Christian
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2019
lepasharon:
@foly why call him an idiot for being sceptical? You are sounding like a Christian

Skeptic don't outrightly reject any feat from Africa and embrace hogwash from those who called his Papa Ape.

And that is what he is, Idiot. Would have engage him directly but deliberately left him to display his foolishness at every turn.

He claimed his families can make same feat. He should call them out to display their talent. I can organise a fund raising campaign to air his family talent on tv.

And sorry beauty, some Christian are sane and objective. Not is wrong with Christianity. I just don't agree with them on some things.
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by NPComplete: 2:06pm On May 11, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Skeptic don't outrightly reject any feat from Africa and embrace hogwash from those who called his Papa Ape.

And that is what he is, Idiot. Would have engage him directly but deliberately left him to display his foolishness at every turn.

He claimed his families can make same feat. He should call them out to display their talent. I can organise a fund raising campaign to air his family talent on tv.

And sorry beauty, some Christian are sane and objective. Not is wrong with Christianity. I just don't agree with them on some things.

This guy dense sha. Appeal to emotions and primordial sentiments is what u are good at. No substance at all. So u just want me to reject the scientific method that has produced the best results because the originators of it called "my grandpa apes".

Hahahaha. What a clown.

And, yes, I have members of my family that do rain-making like this dibia. No, I won't be bringing them on live television because I am not u. I don't believe in senseless nonsense nor do I advocate it. Rainmakers are fake. I have said it before. All they rely on is chance. When it doesn't work they claim there is another dibia somewhere countering it. They are all senseless clowns like u. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2019
Very proud of been Ape...

Lol

Abeg you are ignored... Until maybe when you bring your relative and family to come and make it rain and also stop rain.

Anything else, I don't talk with Ape

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by NPComplete: 2:16pm On May 11, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
Very proud of been Ape...

Lol

Abeg you are ignored... Until maybe when you bring your relative and family to come and make it rain and also stop rain.

Anything else, I don't talk with Ape

Yeah. And stop using a phone too. The people who invented the transistor also thought ur grandparents are apes.
As a matter of fact, what are u even doing with modern technology. U should stick to Ifa and your useless Osanyin to get by. Lol

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by Jman06(m): 2:53pm On May 11, 2019
Rainmaking is scientific
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by ThothHermes: 8:35pm On May 11, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

I laughed so hard at this grin
Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by MuttleyLaff: 9:28pm On May 11, 2019
NPComplete:
This guy dense sha. Appeal to emotions and primordial sentiments is what u are good at. No substance at all. So u just want me to reject the scientific method that has produced the best results because the originators of it called "my grandpa apes".

Hahahaha. What a clown.

And, yes, I have members of my family that do rain-making like this dibia. No, I won't be bringing them on live television because I am not u. I don't believe in senseless nonsense nor do I advocate it. Rainmakers are fake. I have said it before. All they rely on is chance.
When it doesn't work they claim there is another dibia somewhere countering it. They are all senseless clowns like u. cheesy cheesy
I hope my good nwanne Ranchhoddas and/or ThothHermes saw, read and had an epiphany with that emboldened and began to appreciate why rules are essential and necessary. There are rules for the cosmic and earth. Imagine everyone praying haphazardly willy nilly, and yakety yak noisily asking for this and that upandan the whole wide world living earth to be done especially for them each without rules. Dibia1 will say rain, dibia2 will say no rain, nobi confusion confusion be dat ee-oh?

1 Like

Re: BBC Video Of Dibia Rainmaker Creating Rainfall by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 11, 2019
NPComplete:

Yeah. And stop using a phone too. The people who invented the transistor also thought ur grandparents are apes.
As a matter of fact, what are u even doing with modern technology. U should stick to Ifa and your useless Osanyin to get by. Lol

These clowns are hilarious cheesy

Sometimes I wonder how someone can be so dumb and stupid at the same time. It's sardonic!

The fact is, you can never change their mind once their primitive mind is already made up to believe in ridiculousness.

No wonder the whites succeeded

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Creflo Dollar On Fatoyinbo's COZA / Does God Exists- Five Reasons To Believe He Does / Joe Biden Says Enactment Of LGBT Equality Act Is Priority If Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.