Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond (844 Views)

AfDB Approves $1.5 Billion Emergency Food Facility For Famers / 10,000 Acres Of A Virgin Land, Sharing Boundary With River Osun. / 20, 000 Acres Of Land Very Fertile, Sharing Boundary With River Osun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 5:57pm On May 09, 2019
This is a little service from NextDay Alternative Pump and Power (solar).

There are a couple of alternative ways to pump apart from the common engine pumps that use fuel. One of which is a ram pump that uses no fuel or electricity. I talked extensively on this in another thread under a different name. I forgot my login details with that username, so I decided to go back to the name I have been known for about 20 years when I was into communication, NextDay. I'm saying this so no one will think I did something wrong and change my username.
This is the link to the thread. https://www.nairaland.com/3044126/introducing-water-pump-works-24
Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 6:04pm On May 09, 2019
I soon found out two challenges on the pump. The materials available here are not up to standard so I had to import from US. You can imagine having to pay $15 for just a single 6 inch nipple. You don't know what that is, this is the picture.

Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 6:06pm On May 09, 2019
What a fool you are!

Christ0770:
Read below
Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 6:07pm On May 09, 2019
The other is the labour required to install this pump. Because we have stream/river with small gradients, a dam and very long (pressure) pipe is required to get the elevation needed for the pump, anyone with a waterfall will not face this problem.
Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 7:00pm On May 09, 2019
But I will still recommend a factory made version of this pump to rich famers who are concerned about long time cost. And of course politicians who build boreholes with millions of money, only to pack up in a matter of months due to bad maintenance.This factory made pump is rated to last 30 years working nonstop 24/7 with just only a couple of rubbers to be changed every 3 years, with no fuel or electricity. Our forefathers settled where there was water, so I believe this would be great for any village.
Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 10:54pm On May 09, 2019
Let's now talk about what we got for developing farmers. If you are into fishery, livestock like goat and sheep (those guys drink a lot of water), pigery and veggies farmers with drip line, a DC/solar pump is what you need. I said drip because I wonder why you will want to use a sprinkler/rain gun for a veggie farm of 1-6 plots with a sprinkler, apart from wasting water, you will still be faced with constant weeding. If you do pepper, tomatoes, even without drip tubes, you can irrigate. Talk to us.
Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 10:58pm On May 09, 2019
Some people get scared when they see solar pumps of 400k-600k, while for their application, they don't even need up to 100k. Please don't quote me on this, everyone has different setup and requirements.

For fish farmers, you have a second advantage of using this solar to provide additional rich food for your fish by installing LED bulbs to your ponds, which attract flies at night.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 7:54am On May 10, 2019
Using a DC/solar pump instead of engine pump can be likened to using solar inverter instead of PHCN. The initial cost might be higher, but the long time benefit and rest of mind is incomparable. Every installation gets this charger below as part of the deal. My phone has a 4000mah battery, but since I bought it about a year ago, I only use this solar battery charger for its better. What I'm saying is that, you can use the setup for other things when you're not pumping. A solar panel is rated to last for 25 years..

WhatsApp 0-7-0-5-4-2-8-8-0-4-8

#LetsGoGreen

Re: Alternative Pumps For Famers With River, Stream Or Pond by NextDayPP: 2:38pm On May 12, 2019
This little guy handled two plots of vegetable (efo) last dry season, I also started planting maize with it first week of February before rain took over. It should conveniently handle 4 plots of pepper or tomatoes because those have more space in planting. it delivers 1000 liters per hour, with just 28watts of power consumption.
If you irrigate by putting water at the base of plants like me, that's a lot of water to work with.

(1) (Reply)

What Does Grow Room Tent Require? / How To Produce Your Own Honey By Simple Beekeeping At Home / Soyabeans And Maize Available In Large Quantities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.