Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

What Does Grow Room Tent Require? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Does Grow Room Tent Require? (844 Views)

10 by 10 Grow Tent Buying Guide / What Is A Grow Tent? / Does FG Agricultural Loan Require Payment Of #7,800? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Grow Room Tent Require? by atnerjennac24(f): 3:54am On Sep 20, 2019
Thinking of starting your own grow room? Do you know where to start from?

Putting together the right equipment before starting the process will make things much easier for you. Sometimes setting up the grow space seems so stressful when it is only that you don’t have a good plan.

Here, we have shared a checklist that covers everything you need for growing cannabis in a indoor setting. These tools will give you a highly efficient grow room.

We shall briefly describe each item and why you should consider it.

Seed starter plugs

These are by far the most basic way to germinate marijuana seeds. They are simply some small peat of moss created with a perfect ratio for air to water.

They are used by placing the seed in a hole on them then leaving it by the window. This keep them warm and you should see the seed within a few days.

Containers

If you are using soil, you will need a specific type of containers. For your seedlings, use smaller containers. As they continue to grow, you need to change them and have bigger ones.

Most people use fabric pots which provide excellent results. They are made from porous material which allows the soil to breathe effectively. If you are running low on cash, standard garden pots will serve you just fine. You can get them for free from your neighbor’s home, or the ones lying around in your compound.

Grow tent

Well, this is the most important tool. You cannot call your set-up a grow space if you don’t have a grow tent. It is the perfect item that provides ideal environment for you plants.

The tent will protect you plants. That should give you some peace from pests, smell control and loss of light. It is makes it easier for you to create and control the ideal environment for your plants.

Some growers choose to build these spaces. It is great if you have a clue about how the systems should be.

Grow lights

Plants in the outdoor environment use the sun as their source of light. All plants need light for photosynthesis.

You need LED lights to create the same conditions inside the grow tent. These lights will maximize growth and provide you with a higher yield.

You plants need about 32W of actual power per every square inch. This means you need to get the right LED systems.

A timer

Timer can be set to automatically stimulate day/night cycles. You don’t need to be there at all times to control the conditions. Just make sure you get timers that can handle high wattages.

Rotating fans

Ventilations is key to great yields in a grow room. It ensures proper circulation of air inside the grow room. Otherwise you will have to deal with mold growth. It also strengthens the plants.

Inside fans and ducting

You will need at least two ventilation holes in your grow space. This is for inline fans that provide ventilation. A duct is connected to the fans.
A scrubber

Also called scrubbers, carbon filters are used to keep things discrete. They control odor by ensuring the inside air is pure.

A thermo-hygrometer

This is a gadget that measure both temperature and humidity in the room. They help you resolve environmental issues whenever need arise.
You can use these tools together with a portable ac for grow tent. It gives you easy time ensuring temperatures are kept optimal.
pH meter

Your plants will perform better under standard pH levels in the water and soil. This is the gadget you will require to maintain this.
Pruners

You will need to harvest your produce from time to time. With a good pair of sharp pruners, you work will be much easier. Don’t let the leaves and branches overgrow.

Watering can

We all know why plants need water. And a good watering can will help you keep the plants properly hydrated.

Spray bottles

Use these tools to mist your plants, utilizing foliar feeding.

A ball string

This is used to support and train the plants. It is therefore every important in the room.

Duct tape

You can always get injured stems in a grow room. This is where you will find a duct tape quite useful. It can help fix them, seal the tents, labeling plants and tightening the ventilation.

Gloves

Protect you plants from contamination and your hands from harvesting residue which is usually sticky.

Protective eyewear

You don’t want to expose you eyes to harmful UV lights from the grow lights. Use protective eye wear.

Bud trimming machine

This comes in handy when trimming large yields. They work like pruners but faster.

Jars/tight containers

Curing and storing your produce is very important. Use proper jars that can keep the harvest for a long shelf-life.
This is a very useful checklist. We hope you will find it so and make your work a walk in the park.

See Also:

Everything You Need To Know About Growing Heirlooms
Best Humidifier/Dehumidifier for Grow Room/Grow Tent
Ideal Temp and Humidity for Grow Tent/Grow Room
Best Portable Air Conditioner for Grow Room/Grow Tent

Re: What Does Grow Room Tent Require? by Jakumo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
Unless one happens to be wealthy enough to have an electrical power generator running around the clock 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week, indoor weed growing is NOT an option for Nigeria, where the mains electrical power can remain dead for weeks on end.

Indoor cannabis growing is 100% dependent on the availability of continuous, uninterrupted electrical power, to keep those grow lights on for the specific number of hours required for healthy growth.

In Nigeria therefore, ALL weed growing is outdoors, by necessity.

1 Like

Re: What Does Grow Room Tent Require? by Lmaomen1(m): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
I personally prefer to use for the best harvest a grow tent which is perfect for an indoor environment. There are many size variation and you can choose the ideal tent for your space. It is very durable and it could regulate temperature for ideal growth. I advise to read more about 5 Best Grow Tents In Canada 2019 and get the affordable one which will meet all your requirements.

1 Like

Re: What Does Grow Room Tent Require? by TrixieC: 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Jakumo:
Unless one happens to be wealthy enough to have an electrical power generator running around the clock 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week, indoor weed growing is NOT an option for Nigeria, where the mains electrical power can remain dead for weeks on end.

Indoor cannabis growing is 100% dependent on the availability of continuous, uninterrupted electrical power, to keep those grow lights on for the specific number of hours required for healthy growth.

In Nigeria therefore, ALL weed growing is outdoors, by necessity.

You can use 12V lamps for growing outdoors. That should be enough because of the small power consumption. At least that how I would do that. I would recommend checking this page on 420growradar, look for budget box with minimal power consumption. With a decent airflow and a couple of 150W light bulbs, you'll get decent results. I hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: What Does Grow Room Tent Require? by emmanuilteleshe(m): 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
Thank you for the useful article, I think that it will explain to many how tents and rooms for growing plants are arranged. I remember how last year I planned to set up a separate room to grow about five bushes to start with. My friend has been doing this for several years, so he advised me to smart growing, thanks to which I was able to find all the necessary tools for growing bushes. In fact, this is a very interesting activity that for some is also a hobby. I think that if you start doing this then you should first study these additional materials

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Produce Your Own Honey By Simple Beekeeping At Home / WANTED! G9 Banana Seedlings/suckers / The Commodity Trading/export And Product Packaging Training And Mentorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.