Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) (19633 Views)

Road Leading To A General Hospital Flooded In Lagos / Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by gistvicreports: 10:27pm On May 09, 2019
@Gistvic.com

Cars were seen swimming as road turns to ocean at ogba, Lagos after light rain fall. Gistvic Reports.

Watch Video Below:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/05/road-turns-to-ocean-as-cars-swim-after.html

1 Share

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 11:01pm On May 09, 2019
Lagos is just an unplanned city despite its resources, a few hours of rainfall floods ikeja the capital looks like Noah is coming.

38 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Henryjp10: 10:28am On May 10, 2019
Over hyped Lagos

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by FabulousAutos(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2019
Just a little taste of what we see in some parts of the Island. From the video, I can see that Toyota vehicles (including Lexus) were the only vehicles that dared the flood.

BTW, What part of Ogba is this?
Why is it difficult for OP to state the part of Ogba that was affected?
Is it the entire Ogba that got flooded?

3 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by sotall(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2019
That was a heavy rainfall

2 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by YouthLord: 10:28am On May 10, 2019
And they say Lagos is a "mega city". grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by AkataYeriYeri: 10:28am On May 10, 2019
Henryjp10:
Over hyped Lagos
Igbos are so easy to spot on Nairaland these days

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Phyqee10(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2019
Lolz...how can you call this a light rainfall with this amount of water....so if na heavy rainfall the road for just turn to ocean abi grin

6 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On May 10, 2019
FINISHED
Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Jestin: 10:29am On May 10, 2019
I am sure it is also yahoo boys that coursed the bad roads and flooding
Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by dreh17(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2019
Flood no just start today
Me I’m only concerned about that sars officer that killed that famous dude and was arrested.. me I’m not heard anything again since I last saw his picture in court
Was he sentenced or released we no hear anything again
Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2019
Honestly, this my state is too overrated.

With all the allocation?

3 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by eneez(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2019
I usually wonder if there's any part of Lagos that doesn't experience flood.
Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Yankiss(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2019
Governments should engage town planners and incorporate adequate drainage system before building roads and houses. This is the result of poor planning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On May 10, 2019
How would we know you're living in a $h!thole Country if you don't swim in $h!t?

4 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Anagha123: 10:30am On May 10, 2019
nzeobi:
Lagos is just an unplanned city despite its resources, a few hours of rainfall floods ikeja the capital like Noah is coming.
Tell me any state in Nigeria that is better than Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Sheriman(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2019
Overhyped Lagos. See Atlantic Ocean on the street of Lagos. We need to take this route to America

4 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by OhiOfIhima: 10:30am On May 10, 2019
This is more than flooded abeg... Improper drainage system n ignorance of commuters in dumping of refuses.

May Allah help us.
Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by wandeykul(f): 10:30am On May 10, 2019
Henryjp10:
Over hyped Lagos
You are so pained, abi who reset your destiny to live outside lag

1 Like

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Bustincole(m): 10:31am On May 10, 2019
and we have not enta d rainy season yet.... imagine wat will happen after 7 days rainy in June/July

God pls help us all oooo.... we dont want to xperience Tsunami ooo

3 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Larryallovernig: 10:31am On May 10, 2019
In 1990, Shina Peters built a house with N20 million naira; the same year Jim Ovia started Zenith Bank with the same amount.

Today, you and I don't have a room in Shina's house but I have an account in Jim's bank and probably you do too.

Shina's house was built in Iju Lagos and remains there till date.
Jim's bank started in a corner and now has over 500 branches in Nigeria, and many international branches.

Millions upon millions transact business in Jim's bank daily.
Shina's house is becoming dilapidated...in 2015, he SPENT more money to renovate the house and bought a Nissan Pathfinder with N10 million...additional liability, while in the same 2015, Jim's bank MADE a profit of N105.7 billion.

Zenith bank employs hundreds of thousands, and feeds their families.

This is the difference between Assets and Liability. If you buy a car for N20 million today, in 20 years time, you will be ashamed to drive it. On the other hand, if you invest that same amount in a lucrative business or in an asset, It may be worth billions in 20 years. ( Jim Ovia is now worth $980 million dollars, with the official dollar rate of N320, that means he is worth N313 BILLION NAIRA because of an investment of N20 million).

Spend the little money you have today wisely. Some people driving expensive cars today, are not aware that they are driving their future and the future of their children. Some people carrying iphone7 today, may not be aware that they are carrying their future.

When you are young, don't spend money. Invest it.
Every penny in your hand is like a seed, you can decide to eat it, or sow it. When you sow it, it will bear much more seeds later in future.........

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by anonimi: 10:31am On May 10, 2019
nzeobi:
Lagos is just an unplanned city despite its resources, a few hours of rainfall floods ikeja the capital like Noah is coming.

Is the looting of the past 20 years by APC planned

3 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On May 10, 2019
Ogba used to be a waterlogged area before it saw civilisation.

I'm not surprised at this
Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On May 10, 2019
Henryjp10:
Over hyped Lagos

Aside hustle a lot of people would glady leave

The standard of living is low

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by VivaLaFrans: 10:32am On May 10, 2019
This is the result of past government... They always procrastinated, think oil market will continue to flourish forever... they preferred buying second hand or low quality equipments and then pocket the remaining change hoping that oil market will continue to flourish...
Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by anonimi: 10:33am On May 10, 2019
Anagha123:
Tell me any state in Nigeria that is better than Lagos.

Was that how Awolowo was thinking- comparing himself to the northern and eastern regions- when he was developing the western region that included most of today's Lagos state
Why would you compare yourself with the worst to make progress?
Which wise person does that?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) by anonimi: 10:34am On May 10, 2019
OhiOfIhima:
This is more than flooded abeg... Improper drainage system n ignorance of commuters in dumping of refuses.

May Allah help us.

The local governments should employ people regularly to clear the drains and sensitise people to not dump refuse there by also providing refuse bins that are collected promptly to be emptied.
Why are they collecting 20% federal allocation

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Importance Of Tourism? / Enugu International Airport To Re-Open Tomorrow / See Abuja Rail Train Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.