Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Why Is It That Realistically Disabled Are Almost Non Existence In Naija Hip Hop - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Is It That Realistically Disabled Are Almost Non Existence In Naija Hip Hop (296 Views)

AFRICA 8 Proudly Naija Hip-hop Songs For October 1st Playlist / Cossy Orjiakor Replies A Disabled Man Who Called Her 'Old Woman' (Photos) / Popular Naija Hip Hop Singer J-- Sawgg Release Promo Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Realistically Disabled Are Almost Non Existence In Naija Hip Hop by Cocoyamdcomedia: 10:27pm On May 09, 2019
I am a disabled veteran Rapper and singer. I base in surulere Lagos. My stage name use To be Mr Rational but I recently changed it to Rhapidfire with the Instagram handle at @official_rhapid. Sometimes it baffles me so much when I realise that in all the activities of Life disables are realistically non-existing and also sometimes I still wonder why the disabled are not been taking serious in all kind of things of life. Maybe they feel we are not useful or Important.
Yes it's true but not all disables are valueless. Some people even go as far as generalizing it. To the extent that every disabled they see on the street is a Begger. so they feel like they are the one to help. Not all disables are independent. Some disables you see can even feed 1 million able-bodied people for good 10 years. I'm telling you that's just the truth.

All the bergers you see on the street today are either Hausa . Amajiris . You can never see am Igbo or Yuruba berger on the street. Unless the one that his or her condition is worster. So you people should stop generalizing it.
This has continued to the extent that you can't go to any bar and find a disabled man or woman chilling. No matter how much he or she has unless it is in a place where they know him or her very well. Any disabled that try to enter any bar or restaurant, no matter how much he Worth's, no matter his or her dressing. The securities must surely insult and chased him or her away as if they are chasing goat that wants to eat crops. Even in a place where the physically fit people are entering and coming out toll and fro , the disabled must be interrupted by securities. cry cry it is so painful. As for me I quorells with them so radically because it is a Downgrade. Even where my mates are cry cry
They don't regard us .. I know what I used to suffer to make it into any bar or any show venue. I mean I used to battle with security men and bouncers before they could let me in no matter my dressing. I am a disabled but all part of my body is complete apart from sitting on a wheelchair , if you see me sitting in an ordinary chair you won't even know that I'm a desable. There are some kind of shows I will perform and the audience will start asking questions like are you sure you are really a disabled or just posing with a wheelchair. Yes they don't really believe because I'm not looking like I'm disabled. I Appear differently from what is called disability.
My main reason for putting up this article is that since disables doesn't exist in music industry and I'm afraid if I'm going to blow with my kind of music .. cry cry I don't sing pity songs like others do . I sing to make people happy. I can even do the shaku shaku and is Zanku song style. It is not necessary or compulsory that a disable must be a gospel artiste. I can still do what Wizkid and olamide are doing. I can rap very well even more than...... I am an upcoming artiste though but I'm so good and so tough in this game.
I no day wait for person o . No kind of place way Rational never go perform for this lagos o AJEGUNLE, agor , lekki, ajar festac etc
So I'm still asking this question since disabled are not recognised on the hip-hop world, am I really going to blow. Am I really going to break that record. I want to be the first disable into hip-hop rap R & B etc to shake the world with my kind of music style. I have this bad jam that I am cooking up that will shake the world. So like I said I'm still asking with the kind of Talent I have as a disabled will I really blow?? Will people fancy me as a disabled the way they fans other artistes like olamide Wizkid davido kiss Daniel.
so all I need from you now is encourage me advise me tell me what to do I just need your views on this God bless you thank you
Re: Why Is It That Realistically Disabled Are Almost Non Existence In Naija Hip Hop by eazzzy1(m): 12:24am On May 10, 2019
Re: Why Is It That Realistically Disabled Are Almost Non Existence In Naija Hip Hop by Cocoyamdcomedia: 9:27pm On May 10, 2019
Jacob1234:
Maybe you should stat your own record label then: pacific-gold.com I know a couple of people who did and it could even be resold when it gets big. A ton of possibilities.
Can you guide me through

(1) (Reply)

Court Clears Shakira Of Plagiarism Allegation / Chimamanda Adichie Joins Exclusive List Of Yale’s Class Day Speakers / "I Will Expose Your Asses If You Beg My Man For Money" - Tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.