Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Ask Yourself,do You Need A Dog Trainer? Call Us If You Need One. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Ask Yourself,do You Need A Dog Trainer? Call Us If You Need One. (324 Views)

A Nigerian Dog Trainer Commands His Dog In Yoruba Language (Video) / Utah: Animal Trainer Saved In Alligator Attack ( Graphic Pix, Video) / Urgent!! I Need A Dog Trainer In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ask Yourself,do You Need A Dog Trainer? Call Us If You Need One. by Pawsdogaffair: 11:28pm On May 09, 2019
Dog training is a career that combines knowledge of animal behavior with practical teaching skills. Patience, consistency, and excellent communication skills (both verbal and nonverbal) help a trainer to effectively teach their canine and human clients.
Not everyone is capable of being a dog trainer. There are certain qualities you need to have in order to have a successful career in this field:
Patience : Dogs have a mind of their own and come with different behavioral traits, so it's important that you are patient and don't get frustrated. Dogs will often pick up on your attitude, even if it's not overtly visible.
Confidence: The more confident you are, the more dogs will respond to you. Clients will notice and will likely refer you to others. While you don't want to brag about your skills, you do want to be able to market what you have. Be confident about what you bring to the table, and let new and prospective clients know you will get the job done.
Not a neat freak: This may seem like an odd quality, but, if you've ever worked with dogs, you know it's a messy business. Sometimes you'll have to roll around in the mud, deal with wet and dirty paws, drool, and get your clothes dirty.
Communication skills : This is a given. If you can't communicate with the animals and their owners, you won't do well in this career.
Passion : Another no-brainer. If you don't have a passion for dogs, this isn't the path for you.
This are the little tips I can drop but reading it would help you decide.
If you now think hiring a dog trainer or registering your puppy for training classes is necessary, please call Paws911_dogsaffair Adewale on +2348058327068. Same number for WhatsApp

(1) (Reply)

GSD Or Rotweiler Needed / How Can I Get My Pet Certified As An Emotional Support Animal? / Let's Talk About Phobia; What's That One Thing That Scares The Hell Out Of You:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.