Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. (2184 Views)

Leave Election Alone And Focus On Reality. / Okenze Osuigwe Opens Up: Ndigbo Begged IBB To Annul June 12 / Ohakim Spent 10 Billion On 2011 Imo Election Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Orikinla(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2010
Mr. Dare,

I read "The Spirit of June 12"; published in The Nation on Tuesday, August 31, 2010, and the numerous responses you received.

The June 12 Crisis has not been critically addressed to actually know the truth, the annulment and how The National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) and the other brave defenders of justice and democracy challenged the tyranny of the despotic military dictators until the martyrdom of Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola.

Most of our youths have not even read the Saturday June 11, 1994 Epetedo Proclamation of M.K.O. Abiola, and are just reacting from hearsay and not conviction.

General Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda (retd) did not annul the historic June 12 presidential election ALONE.
The late despot General Sani Abacha and their accomplices including Igbo leaders and some Yoruba leaders were partners in crime in the annulment.

I was an insider in the presidential campaign of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and I left when the primaries were cancelled. I knew that the presidential election was being stage-managed and would end in futility.

How can military dictators form two political parties for the electorate?
Is that true democracy?
How can you trust them to follow the rule of law in military dictatorship?
They formed the two political parties of National Republican Convention (NRC) and the Social Democratic Party (SDP) and could as well cancel the primaries and annul the presidential election.

Let us not be overly sentimental about June 12 and get swayed by the hypocrisy of those who want to crucify IBB for the annulment of presidential election of June 12, 1993. He is not the only culprit.
What role did former President Olusegun Obasanjo play?

I am raising these critical salient issues, because of the appalling ignorance of the majority of Nigerians who are always being fooled by the political schemes and scams of the ruling class of the Nigerian kleptocracy of which the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) is the archetypal of a government of kleptomaniacs.

May I advise you to read the historical play The Mandate of M.K.O Abiola by Adeleke O. Adeyemi, which I published in 2007?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. – George Santayana.
CODENAME JUNE 12: MANDATE AND MAYHEM A Tragedy on the Greatest Threat Ever to Nigeria’s Ruling Mafia. And How it was Checked.

God save Nigeria from the anomie of corruption and hypocrisy.

Faithfully,
Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima

Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2010
What is this ?
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Orikinla(m): 11:42am On Sep 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

What is this ?

MKO ABIOLA: Text of the June 11, 1994 Epetedo proclamation speech announcing the formation of GNU
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20070612033445zg/sections/star-articles/mko-abiola-text-of-the-june-11-1994-epetedo-proclamation-speech-announcing-the-formation/
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2010
How does that isolate IBB from the annulment ? Was he not the dictator in power then ? He  acted ALONE by dragging Nigeria to the OIC and devaluating the naira amid PUBLIC OUTCRY,why i should believe now that he did not act alone in annuling the election ?
Orikinla:

MKO ABIOLA: Text of the June 11, 1994 Epetedo proclamation speech announcing the formation of GNU
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20070612033445zg/sections/star-articles/mko-abiola-text-of-the-june-11-1994-epetedo-proclamation-speech-announcing-the-formation/
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by BigB11(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
IBB did not annul the June 12 election by himself.
This statement is absolutely the truth.

In addition to this accurate statement, there were tons of reasons why he pulled the trigger at this particular time.
But so far the blame is directly being directed to IBB and he has never once pointed fingers @ anyone. He continues to deal with the matter and the castigation all alone.

Something tells me that part of IBB's reasons for coming is to clear the air, correct things and make sense out of all the enormous speculations being directed toward him.

Vote IBB 2011
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by T9ksy(m): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
we 've heard it all before. some kahki boys were gonna mutiny if MKO is allowed to move to aso rock,bla bla bla. However, is it not said that "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown"? IBB was the de facto head at the time of the annulment and he should bloody well take responsibility for this grievous act rather than send out apologists to spurn fallacious tales on his behalf. He had the final say and he did annuled the presidential election, period!

@ B1,

why didn't tell us all he knew when given the chance at the oputa panel? Infact, the mothaxxxxx actually went to court to suppress the recommendation of the panel. I wonder how much you are being paid to come here and solicit votes for IBB. a word of advice- u'r wasting ur time. IBB ain't getting my vote or that of any member of my household.
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by MRMoneyE(m): 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
VOTE IBB AND VOTE DEATH, VOTE IBB AND VOTE ASSASSINATION, VOTE IBB AND VOTE AGONY, VOTE IBB AND VOTE DESTRUCTION, VOTE IBB AND VOTE SADNESS,
VOTE IBB AND VOTE LEPROSY, WHEN YOU VOTE FOR IBB THE BIRDS WILL REFUSE TO CRY LIKE BIRDS, THE FIELD MICE WILL REFUSE TO CRY LIKE MICE, 
IF YOU VOTE IBB THAT MEANS YOU HAVE VOTED FOR LUCIFER ( PRINCE OF DARKNESS)

Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by youngmonie: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
MR Money £:

VOTE IBB AND VOTE DEATH, VOTE IBB AND VOTE ASSASSINATION, VOTE IBB AND VOTE AGONY, VOTE IBB AND VOTE DESTRUCTION, VOTE IBB AND VOTE SADNESS,
VOTE IBB AND VOTE LEPROSY, WHEN YOU VOTE FOR IBB THE BIRDS WILL REFUSE TO CRY LIKE BIRDS, THE FIELD MICE WILL REFUSE TO CRY LIKE MICE, 
IF YOU VOTE IBB THAN MEANS YOU HAVE VOTED FOR LUCIFER ( PRINCE OF DARKNESS)

STUPIDY AINT FAR 4RM SOME NIGERIANS LIKE U undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by 1Naira(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
@Big B1, IBB was never competent enough at doing anything right. If he truly wants to or wanted to clear his name, his had ample opportunities to do that and nothing stops him from doing that from the comfort of his 50 bedroom mansion at the hill top.

Coming to Aso Rock would be coming to clear the truth and more of the same of the past. Nigeria does not need that not again.
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by MRMoneyE(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2010
youngmonie:

STUPIDY AINT FAR 4RM SOME NIGERIANS LIKE U undecided lipsrsealed

YOU ARE NOTING BUT A LUNATIC AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION

1Naira:

@Big B1, IBB was never competent enough at doing anything right. If he truly wants to or wanted to clear his name, his had ample opportunities to do that and nothing stops him from doing that from the comfort of his 50 bedroom mansion at the hill top.

Coming to Aso Rock would be coming to clear the truth and more of the same of the past. Nigeria does not need that not again.

YES WE DONT NEED LUCIFER NOT AGAIN
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Solomon227(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ Big looter

IBB did not annul the June 12 election by himself.
This statement is absolutely the truth.

In addition to this accurate statement, there were tons of reasons why he pulled the trigger at this particular time.
But so far the blame is directly being directed to IBB and he has never once pointed fingers @ anyone. He continues to deal with the matter and the castigation all alone.

Something tells me that part of IBB's reasons for coming is to clear the air, correct things and make sense out of all the enormous speculations being directed toward him.

Vote IBB 2011

Your campaign for IBB has always been hooked on his strength of xter, boldness and ability to pull d trigger anytime.
Where was that courage of IBB when he started, nurtured and was encouraged by 'faceless ghosts' to kill the baby. What stops d Lucifer from stealing a pint of glory (like OBJ in 1979) and hand-over to the winner of d election.

Was he coerced to take IMF funds?, was he also coerced to kill his best-friend Vatsa?,was he coerced to cancel Yaradua's elecction?,was he coerced to kill Dele Giwa?

IBB is a Demon that never sees anything wrong in evil. He should come out and tell us how he was coerced and who and who coerced him so we can know d rest of people we are stoning when the right time comes
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by texazzpete(m): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2010
Gentlemen, i'm confused. Since when did it become the law that if someone is not SOLELY responsible for something, that personn automagically become innocent?

For Example

"David, you are a Thief"
"No, i'm not a thief! We were three that went to steal that night!"
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by BigB11(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
A better example is: a king is about to step down. As he was planning to step down he realized that a few powerful folks were also planing to set the palace on fire, The king immediately decided to steal the gasoline that these folks were going to use.
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by bigben3: 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
i sorry for my people oh,sorry,sorry oh!,
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2010
Some people will just never get it until IBB is crowned the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

All hail our next president, IBB
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by BigB11(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
The king could have left the palace without doing anything about what was going to happen.
The king could have tried to disable or talk these powerful folks out of it.
The king could have decided not to even step down anymore.
But the king decided to steal the gasoline.

Who among us exactly knew what the king was up against or the perfect steps the king could have taken?

All these questions are the reason why we are just a mere group of human being. No one is perfect. No matter how hard or smart we work, there is always possibility that from time to time an incorrect decision will be made.

I still have confidence that IBB will clear things up as soon as he becomes our newly elected president.

In Nigeria explaining one's fault or side of the story or why certain things weren't done correctly becomes easier and interesting when you're @ the top.

Ignore sentiment and elect a true leader that has a lot to lose if things are not done accordingly.

Vote IBB 2011
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Solomon227(m): 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ ferari

Some people will just never get it until IBB is crowned the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

All hail our next president, IBB

FGN is too small 4 yor Demon. IBB has alraedy been crowned the the king of Hell.
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Solomon227(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ Big looter

The king could have left the palace without doing anything about what was going to happen.

Who among us exactly knew what the king was up against or the perfect steps the king could have taken?

All these questions are the reason why we are just a mere group of human being. No one is perfect. No matter how hard or smart we work, there is always possibility that from time to time an incorrect decision will be made.

I still have confidence that IBB will clear things up as soon as he becomes our newly elected president.

In Nigeria explaining one's fault or side of the story or why certain things weren't done correctly becomes easier and interesting when you're @ the top.

Ignore sentiment and elect a true leader that has a lot to lose if things are not done accordingly.

Vote IBB 2011

The sentiments are too strong to ignore.

Your Demon had ~9 years to make d best impression he left d worst records.

The Devil hasnt learnt anything new from all d rubish he has been spitting in recent times.

He cannot even campaign, only clinging to zoning to survive. We need fresh breath

Tell him to go and threat the skin cancer and nevous disorder he is suffering from and allow younger turks ro manage the ship of Nigeria
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
Solomon227:

@ ferari

FGN is too small 4 yor Demon. IBB has alraedy been crowned the the king of Hell.

ROTFL. . .
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by SHEAU(m): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2010
@poster. IBB himself admittedly admit the responsibilty of annulled the freest and fairest election in d history of naija. anyway if you are using this thrash to exonnerate him, you already contradicting ur IBB  and wishing urself BADLUCK when people are praying for GOODLUCK  cool
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Olaolufred(m): 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
Story story,

And the man------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercy after death.

IBB and his campaigners are goners.
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by karo93: 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
u dont expect to get us to vote ffor ibb with this nondirectional post or do you?you havent told us who annuled d election or how ibb was blackmailed to so wats ur point?
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by seanet02: 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
IBB has already failed
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by PhysicsQED(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
lol, MKO Abiola was hideous and villainous looking, his face betrays his corruption, this guy wouldn't have changed anything, although he still should not have been treated like that,
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Pukkah: 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2010
Big B1:

Vote IBB 2011

What are those specific, measurable and non-ambiguous records? For example, our GDP which was $28.4billion in 1985 when Mr Babangida came in crashed to $21.4billion by the time he was stepping aside in 1993; a decline of about 25%!

Also, the exchange rate of Naira to Dollar fell from 0.89 in 1985 to 17.3 in 1993! Try and calculate the percentage fall!

These are the kinds of arguments I expect from those selling Babangida to us. I am not even talking about June 12 or some other issues that have not been proved like Dele Giwa, Gulf war windfall, etc.

Big B1, sell IBB to me and move beyond 'he is the only one that can do it'. Compare 1985 to 1993 in terms of GDP, interest rates, number of housing units, inflation rates, per capita income, Transparency International ratings (for corruption), armed robbery cases, road accident cases, maternal mortality rates, infant mortality rates, Human Development Indices, number of factories opened or shut down, power generation capacity, kilometres of roads tarred across the country, crime rates, etc.

Please convince me with numbers and I shall become one of the loudest campaigners of Mr Babangida. I promise.

Waiting.
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
Mr. Dare,

I read "The Spirit of June 12"; published in The Nation on Tuesday, August 31, 2010, and the numerous responses you received.

The June 12 Crisis has not been critically addressed to actually know the truth, the annulment and how The National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) and the other brave defenders of justice and democracy challenged the tyranny of the despotic military dictators until the martyrdom of Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola.

Most of our youths have not even read the Saturday June 11, 1994 Epetedo Proclamation of M.K.O. Abiola, and are just reacting from hearsay and not conviction.

General Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda (retd) did not annul the historic June 12 presidential election ALONE.
The late despot General Sani Abacha and their accomplices including Igbo leaders and some Yoruba leaders were partners in crime in the annulment.

I was an insider in the presidential campaign of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and I left when the primaries were cancelled. I knew that the presidential election was being stage-managed and would end in futility.

How can military dictators form two political parties for the electorate?
Is that true democracy?
How can you trust them to follow the rule of law in military dictatorship?
They formed the two political parties of National Republican Convention (NRC) and the Social Democratic Party (SDP) and could as well cancel the primaries and annul the presidential election.

Let us not be overly sentimental about June 12 and get swayed by the hypocrisy of those who want to crucify IBB for the annulment of presidential election of June 12, 1993. He is not the only culprit.
What role did former President Olusegun Obasanjo play?

I am raising these critical salient issues, because of the appalling ignorance of the majority of Nigerians who are always being fooled by the political schemes and scams of the ruling class of the Nigerian kleptocracy of which the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) is the archetypal of a government of kleptomaniacs.

May I advise you to read the historical play The Mandate of M.K.O Abiola by Adeleke O. Adeyemi, which I published in 2007?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. – George Santayana.
CODENAME JUNE 12: MANDATE AND MAYHEM A Tragedy on the Greatest Threat Ever to Nigeria’s Ruling Mafia. And How it was Checked.

God save Nigeria from the anomie of corruption and hypocrisy.

Faithfully,
Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima

Is this some joke angry angry angry or what?,General Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda (retd) did not annul the historic June 12 presidential election ALONE.
The late despot General Sani Abacha and their accomplices including Igbo leaders and some Yoruba leaders were partners in crime in the annulment
, was Sani Abacha and the others the CIC, is this guy saying they weren't obeying their CIC, How can military dictators form two political parties for the electorate?, didn't Abdulsalam also allow the creation of political parties under a military dispensation, I pray this idiot isn't trying to rewrite history cus he won't succeed, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. – George Santayana., We remember the past that's why we wont allow it to repeat by NEVER EVER EVER allowing IBB near the seat of power again in his lifetime
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
My Gosh IBB supporters again,the man don loose na
Re: Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. by seanet02: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2010
Biggest lie of the Century

(1) (Reply)

One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! / co / Boko-haram Had Sent A Letter 2 Auchi(edo State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.