Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! (2229 Views)

Southeast State Had Left 5 Southwest States And Rapidly Catching Up On Lagos. / Post SE state rojects Here,.. / South South Gave Buhari More Votes Than South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Igwe12: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2011
The States of Anambra or Imo Or Abia or Rivers, Each voted in more numbers than 5 SW states combined. That is a real shame for a region that claims to want to unite Nigeria. What happened?? and What is the political implication of this to SW people
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Nchara: 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
They are miffed that Buhari shunned them (ACN) and they know Ribadu has no chance. So they simply stayed back home. Even Iyabo Obasanjo did not vote. Shame indeed for the [b]truncaters [/b]of democracy. But for the Igbos and SS in the SW, the result there would have been
PDP 0
ACN 2000000
CPC 5000 (from northerners in the SW)
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by DisGuy: 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
Igwe-1:

The States of Anambra or Imo Or Abia or Rivers, Each voted in more numbers than 5 SW states combined. That is a real shame for a region that claims to want to unite Nigeria. What happened?? and What is the political implication of this to SW people

what region claims that? are you saying its shameful they voted en masse for one candidate?

The SW people already have the change they want in actually voting out the people they dont want, they and perhaps some people in the NW/NC were the only group that actually voted out incompetent legislators and they will also be the only people that will vote out corrupt governors come tuesday

so there has been great change in the SW and some section of the North but absolutely no change in the SE/SS, if some people decide to use their vote for actually change I don't see how that can be a bad thing
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Igwe12: 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
Hope they don;t start winning like babies and cawords when they start paying for thier actions politically. I guess this fits thier stereotype-Loud mouths but always missing in action:- sounds familiar
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by SEFAGO(m): 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
This is obviously due to the large Yoruba population in Anambra, Abia and Imo state. Yoruba people make up at least 50% of the population in those states
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by DisGuy: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
LMAO IN nigerian politics we know the cry babies, we only have to roll nairaland back a few years to see the barrage of complaints from a particular section

North, East or WEst,, the SW will forever hold their own- politically and economically, dem no dey carry last
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by WilyWily12: 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2011
That is why the are OdeYorubas
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Igwe12: 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2011
Dis Guy:

LMAO IN nigerian politics we know the cry babies, we only have to roll nairaland back a few years to see the barrage of complaints from a particular section

North, East or WEst,, the SW will forever hold their own- politically and economically, dem no dey carry last

You guys are 2 faced and very tribalistic. The results of this election confirms what most people already knew or assumed. It is a real disgrace.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by AljUche: 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2011
[WilyWily:

That is why the are OdeYorubas

how is ur mother, ask her about ciroma ucheze wink

hope her legs will not be vibrating wink wink kiss
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by DisGuy: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
Igwe-1:

You guys are 2 faced and very tribalistic. The results of this election confirms what most people already knew or assumed. It is a real disgrace.

i just hate it when genetically bigoted people call other tribalist doesn't make sense at all, are you saying all the votes in the SW were by igbos?
you people have always been accused of being cry babies even prominent people from your wards acknowledged the fact that you can always dish it but cry the loudest when you get it served back

what the result of this election show is that the people of the SW were more interested in those closest to them in terms of democracy- they are more interested in THOSE MAKING LAWS OF THEIR BEHALF IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE, HOUSE OF SENATE AND CLOSER TO HOME GOVERNORSHIP

what the SE/SS have show is that they care more about the centre than those directly responsible to them hence the crybaby factory of marginalisation and federal appointments quota

if being two faced means ready to work with whoever is there irrespective of their tribe and religion so be it!!!

2015 if it ever comes wont come on a platter!!
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Abagworo(m): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
I pity Nigerians.This election is very funny
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Rhino5dm: 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
Let the slaves continue doing the work of their master's.

Tinubu struck a deal and SW collected money.

GEJ is no fool cos he really knows how

MUCH each REGION worth, he can never

toss the food of the children to the dogs!.
HOPE to see sambo taking OVER from GEJ by fire by force in 2019. . .
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by AljUche: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2011
Abagworo:

I pity Nigerians.This election is very funny

you can say that again
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by vedaxcool(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
But truly, the turn out in the SW was quite disapointing take lagos for example with over 6m voters something a little above 2m came out to vote, may be they were doing their laundry grin grin grin, but sha na chioce we dey live for a free world, the SE turn out get K leg as some of the turn out was almost 90%, it looks ridicules. shocked
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Igwe12: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
vedaxcool:

But truly, the turn out in the SW was quite disapointing take lagos for example with over 6m voters something a little above 2m came out to vote, may be they were doing their laundry grin grin grin, but sha na chioce we dey live for a free world, the SE turn out get K leg as some of the turn out was almost 90%, it looks ridicules. shocked

No, it does not have k leg. I talked to all my friends and a lot of people and all, i mean ALL went out to vote even my grandparents, uncles, aunts,  and everybody that i expected not to vote went out to make their voices heard and they all voted for GEJ. I am currently in Europe, and friends that are here confirm the same story from thier family members. It is the spirit for change that drove them out, not tribalism
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by SEFAGO(m): 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
^ U sure? Spirit of Change? And you already want someone from the SE to be Senate President.

Its pretty obvious why you guys voted en masse, no one has to say it loud of course, but you and I know why grin

SW is low because they did not see any viable candidate of sorts. When all your options are crap, why vote?

If you see GEJ as any sort of change I laugh in spanglish
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by sbeezy8: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
what happen to igbos 40% of lagos? GEJ ONLY GOT ALITTILE OVER 1,200,000 VOTES! cheesy

THIS ELECTION ONLY SOLIDIFIED WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING- 40% MY ASS.

those votes goodluck got were not only igbo but deltans n some yoruba.

you guys are clowns lol
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by vedaxcool(m): 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
@igwe, your words does not carry weight hope you know that, and i maintain it seems ridiculous for over 90% turn out recoreded in most SE states
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Gbawe: 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2011
@Dis guy.

You are too intelligent to be indulging those who want to celebrate hollow victory that does not stand up to scrutiny. Every Nigerian tom, di.ck and harry is fond of espousing the notion of true federalism cheaply without ever [/b]providing a reasonable and [b]pragmatically feasible road map aimed at guiding us towards this laudable goal when , with every new Government , nothing changes to give hope that regions will gain more power to chart their own course unimpeded . How long before the really smart voters decide to cynically shun the office that has always let them down ( the Presidency) to concentrate on offices that holds hope for them (Governorship, lawmakers , etc)?

The very intelligent men and women on this board should tell us what the SW region has done if not , more than anyone else, demonstrating political sophistication allied with the clarity of mind and purpose that can lead to autonomy , as much as feasible in an uncompromising federal system , with how they have focused more on the elections of lawmakers and Governors . Is Fashola not proof that , even with PDP mismanagement at the centre, a lot can be achieved at the State level? Now think about several Fashola types working in tandem (where Fashola stood alone previously) supported by lawmakers who can promote bills to move the SW forward . Some people just don't get it .

The apathy of the SW region , as regards the Presidency , may just be because the people have lost faith in the office of the President . I can bet any money , in testimony to what I am saying , that SW folks will turn out in large numbers to vote in the Governors of their choice . While other continue to fumble in the dark the SW has realised that "charity begins at home" . Let some celebrate voting GEJ in . As long as they remember that this is the same man all Nigerians, Soyinka, Falana et al and the SNG marched for yet when he became substantive President he went looking for Danjuma, Anenih, Gusau et al .
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by otokx(m): 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
when people say turnout was high and people voted massively i want to smile. people voted but not in such numbers. Absent ballot papers were thumb printed and cash shared around.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
the yoruba made a political statement.i think d igbos shouldnt rejoice,those who stayed away will quadriple those that voted in both SE and SS!

even in Lasgidi,when all the igbos came out to vote and a fraction of yorubas came to vote,still the total vote is less than 30% total voter registered,does it not tell you that the yoruba hold the political power and even in gej's victory,they made a statement that you will always need us? undecided.Even though you won,you remain unpopular with us?

I think a sound political scholar would appropriately decode the message,in the art of war,it is called formlessness,we are not against you and you cant confidently say we are for you,so the bargaining continues!the south east just lost again!!they are always the losers,God forbid,if there is an uprising in the north now,the igbos not even the SS bcomes the target!!the south east are poor political students!
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by sbeezy8: 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
vedaxcool:

GEJ didnt win more than 1.3 million out of 7 milli who registerd LOL grin
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by koruji(m): 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nigeria!!!! CPC & PDP boasting about how they will win - this is what a fly on the wall heard:

CPC: - We have the numbers to beat you. Yes all those underage voters will surely swell our numbers. cool cool cool
PDP: - Oh yeah, can they thumb print ballots at the rate of 10 a minute? cheesy cheesy cheesy

otokx:

when people say turnout was high and people voted massively i want to smile. people voted but not in such numbers. Absent ballot papers were thumb printed and cash shared around.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Nchara: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
If we take NL as a yardstick, it is easy to see that the votes from Lagos are Igbo votes. Yoruba on NL - and their hatred for Jonathan because they thought he is Igbo - mirrows their hatred for him in real life. Yoruba did not vote for GEJ in the SW. Igbos and SS people living there did.

SWners should count themselves lucky that GEJ is not as as vindictive as Obasanjo or Buhari. Otherwise, they will crawl on their knees for federal crumbs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by ektbear: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
Who cares? It isn't by force to vote for GEJ. If you don't like that others didn't vote for him, go jump off a bridge
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by sbeezy8: 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nchara:

If we take NL as a yardstick, it is easy to see that the votes from Lagos are Igbo votes. Yoruba on NL - and their hatred for Jonathan because they thought he is Igbo - mirrows their hatred for him in real life. Yoruba did not vote for GEJ in the SW. Igbos and SS people living there did.

SWners should count themselves lucky that GEJ is not as as vindictive as Obasanjo or Buhari. Otherwise, they will crawl on their knees for federal crumbs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

are igbos 40% of lagos yes or no?
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Nchara: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

are igbos 40% of lagos yes or no?
40% ke? Its more like 75%
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ nchara,you just dont het it!The yorubas dont like this unitary system and i think the point has been made!Now can gej deal with the yoruba?He does not even have the gut to try it,go read what bcame of abacha and ibb that took on the yoruba,they lost!!.The only tribe in the south gej will court their favor is the yoruba for obvious reasons.He needs the yoruba to take on the north not the igbos!!!Remember,the whole gej thing came from obasanjo!!
Federal crumbs is not our style and that is why the yoruba can afford to be in perpetual opposition.When things start playing out,you will see that gej will rather attend to the northerners and the yoruba before the igbos!
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2011
igbos are 95% of lagos,infact all our obas are igbos grin grin
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by sbeezy8: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nchara:

40% ke? Its more like 75%

I Dont know why fashola put up with you clowns hes too nice you are not even 25%of lagos voters!

when tinubu said theres no room for igbo candidate - i see what he means

dis fash guy to soft.
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Apr 18, 2011
[size=13pt]
States where more than 90% of recorded votes went to one candidate

a) Enugu State (98.54%)
b) Delta State (98.59%)
c) Anambra State(98.96%)
d) River State (98.04%)
e) Abia State (98.96%)
f) Bayelsa State (99.63%) --- His home state
g) Ebonyi State (95.57%)
h) Imo State (97.98%)
g) Akwa Ibom (94.58%)

http://www.inecnigeria.org/results/
[/size]
Re: One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! by DisGuy: 1:03am On Apr 18, 2011
absolutely ridiculous figures!!

Even Fashola with his acceptance in Lagos cant get over 90% in a state election

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governorship Election Live Updates: Nigeria Governorship Election 2011 / What Next For Fashola After 2015? / The Wedding Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo (in Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.