Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

How To Become A More Successful Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Become A More Successful Student (11793 Views)

7 Applications That Will Make You A Successful Student / Top 5 Successful Student Habits / Becoming A Successful Student Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Ajibaba101(m): 2:48am On May 11, 2019
To become a successful student you need to have a good GPA....see how you can raise your GPA in one semester
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-raise-your-gpa-in-one-semester/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2019
KingLennon:
Just read wide, read anything readable. A day shouldn't pass without reading even one chapter. The greatest bits of knowlege I have today is from books.
Good, the best thing is to acquire knowledge everyday

1 Like

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by booksrite(f): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2019
To become a successful student you need to have a good GPA....see how you can raise your GPA in one semester

smiley
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2019
Ajibaba101:
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-raise-your-gpa-in-one-semester/
OK
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Ajibade123(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2019
to be a successful student you need to think like one....see 15 habits of highly successful student
https://explicitsuccess.com/habits-of-successful-students/
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2019
Stay focused and be true to yourself
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 02, 2019
Avoid bad friends, Surround yourself with people who impact your positively
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by davidcurtis(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hello, thanks for such a wonderful article! I find it very informative and extremely useful! I’d like to add one more idea which can help anyone achieve success in school, college or university. Each student has to develop different aspects of his or her knowledge. I mean, it’s important to be interested not only in what you are currently studying but also in many other spheres and disciplines. Students often have no time to visit additional courses or lectures, but it’s not a problem. https://eurekly.com/ is an online tutoring platform which is a real lifesaver. I’ve been using it for a few months already and I’m totally satisfied with the results I’ve achieved. My tutors in German, business and mathematics are real professionals and I enjoy our lessons so much. The results are incredible! I got an excellent mark in German for the first time in my life! And received a present from my happy parents as a reward.
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 03, 2019
Stay focused
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by jefrin: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2019
Focus on studies you will success
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2019
jefrin:
Focus on studies you will success

Yes exactly, and someone should avoid distraction from people, that is what affects people most distraction from people when doing that, because so many people are not serious they will abuse someone that is serious that he his always with book....

The answer is Don't Listen to what people are saying, concentrate on your studies

1 Like

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 04, 2019
KingLennon:
Just read wide, read anything readable. A day shouldn't pass without reading even one chapter. The greatest bits of knowlege I have today is from books.
thank you.
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
KingLennon:
Good write up
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2019
In a Country like Nigeria, If you want to make it big, Just make sure you have upper credit in all your results
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2019
Throw you phone somewhere when reading to avoid distractions

1 Like

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
Dailynewser:
In a Country like Nigeria, If you want to make it big, Just make sure you have upper credit in all your results
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2019
Dailynewser:
Stay focused and be true to yourself
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
Dailynewser:
1. Always Surround Yourself with the Right People
Surround yourself with serious people with High Ambitions in life, always make friends with the right people. Make sure you are living in an environment that allows you to study without distractions when you need to.

Share a room or house with students who are even more bookish than you. The studious habits of more serious scholars had a positive impact on the grades of their less academically-inclined house-mates.

2. Keep studies as your priority
To become a successful student you must not ignore your studies and you must Keep studies on the topmost priority list. Managing time for friends, relatives, and family is also important but not by ignoring your studies because what you have learned will remain lifelong with you. You should never neglect the time which is meant for your studies. Always strive to acquire more knowledge

3. Time Management
You Must Be punctual always. Time Management is a must in a students’ life. The purpose of time management is to enable them to do more and better work in less time. Always remember successful students or the students who want to be successful in life manage their time so that they can easily have time to study as well as to play.

4. Do not spend much time on social media.
Do not spend all your time on social media , by doing that, it will help you concentrate more on your studies.

5. Avoid Distractions
Always try and get rid of meaningless distractions that come in between your studies. Always keep your goal in mind and work accordingly as it saves your precious time.

Source :

https://www.dailynewser.com/2019/05/10/how-to-become-a-more-successful-student/
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2019
Always be punctual

1 Like

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2019
Dailynewser:
With this, You will sure get good offers from big companies
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by 9jaopps: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Education in Nigeria is scam

After all the reading and cramming ...you discover it's all been years of time wasting and mere mental exercise.

Make money like Ned Nwoko and you can enjoy fresh
Kpekus like that of Regina

Show me way!!

Mature comments Pls......

I am studying mathematics and currently in 200level in Ondo State University. I have decided to pick up next JAMB form and register when it's Out. I plan to choose a federal university Eg Funnab whose fee cheaper. I am 22 years of age.

**Reason **
I have been having issues since when my University School fees was increased to 150,000 - 200,000 for science and engineering respectively. This became hell for me, feeding, house rent, handouts money and other fee where really hard for me. Now, I don't want to waste the remaining year just like that. I have hope that with God everything is possible but, I have to draft a plan B for myself.

I plan to get something doing pending till JAMB form will be out and admission processing.....

I am very good in mathematics and computer science. In face, I can teach and write programming language to my last breath. I understand the web terminologies and web content management. I can use wordpress, write python code and use (Django framework) and can quickly pick up any programming language at any time to learn.

Nairalanders Please, kindly come to my help in the following.

1. To get something doing pending till the jamb form is out.

2. I have paid 60,000 and I couldn't balance up. If there is a way I can get an assistant for the remaining payment (I will really appreciate)

3. What advice can you give me on how to move on if you where in my shoe.

4. Is there any help you can offer me like scholarship, internship or any IT jobs you can help me with.

I have elderly ones but, my family are not financially stable. My parents are trying especially my mum but, all efforts couldn't meet the target.

I will appreciate every comments here who could help me. I stay in Lagos, currently in Ondo (schooling).

My contact 09016687420 (not available on Whatsapp)
. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 12, 2019
Dailynewser:
Throw you phone somewhere when reading to avoid distractions
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Education in Nigeria is scam

After all the reading and cramming ...you discover it's all been years of time wasting and mere mental exercise.

Make money like Ned Nwoko and you can enjoy fresh
Kpekus like that of Regina

Education is not a scam
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dailynewser:
Avoid bad friends, Surround yourself with people who impact your positively
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by EditorsPalace(m): 12:18am On Jul 25, 2019
Just be yourself. Work hard. Be disciplined. Read and read smart. Be smart too. The sky will be the starting point for you.
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 25, 2019
EditorsPalace:
Just be yourself. Work hard. Be disciplined. Read and read smart. Be smart too. The sky will be the starting point for you.
Cool
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Dailynewsers: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
Focus
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Geosystem(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
EditorsPalace:

How do you read smartly
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by EditorsPalace(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
Geosystem:

How do you read smartly

Know your syllabus or course outline. Read what is required to be read. Don't read outside what you're required to read, especially when you were told by your teacher or lecturer to restrict yourself to certain areas of study.

Take notes. Compare notes. Get close to those who are more brilliant/intelligent than you and make friends with them and learn from them. Don't be shy. Ask questions where necessary. Be inquisitive. Make sure you read each note or lecture note on the very day you wrote it down when you get home.

Concentrate in class and always pay attention to the lecture. Don't miss lectures. Don't wait till exams are about to start before reading. Read everyday if possible.

You MUST study as many past questions as possible.

When exams are about to start, don't fail to read. After writing each paper, put everything about that paper away and don't even look at it or try to revise or cross check what you have written in the exam. Focus on the next paper and continue like that until you finish all your papers before you can go over all of them at your convenience if you wish.

Also, in the exam hall, know exactly what the question requires you to do and do it exactly how the question says you should do it. Don't be over confident and don't supply too much in your answers than is required. Don't over-answer or under-answer any question.

There's no way you will not pass any exam.

Meanwhile, we are Professional Book Editors. Contact us to professionally edit your books to the required standards.

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Dailynewsers: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
EditorsPalace:

Know your syllabus or course outline. Read what is required to be read. Don't read outside what you're required to read, especially when you were told by your teacher or lecturer to restrict yourself to certain areas of study.

Take notes. Compare notes. Get close to those who are more brilliant/intelligent than you and make friends with them and learn from them. Don't be shy. Ask questions where necessary. Be inquisitive. Make sure you read each note or lecture note on the very day you wrote it down when you get home.

Concentrate in class and always pay attention to the lecture. Don't miss lectures. Don't wait till exams are about to start before reading. Read everyday if possible.

When exams are about to start, don't fail to read. After writing each paper, put everything about that paper away and don't even look at it or try to revise or cross check what you have written in the exam. Focus on the next paper and continue like that until you finish all your papers before you can go over all of them at your convenience if you wish.

Also, in the exam hall, know exactly what the question requires you to do and do it exactly how the question says you should do it. Don't be over confident and don't supply too much in your answers than is required. Don't over-answer or under-answer any question.

Meanwhile, we are Professional Book Editors. Contact us to professionally edit your books to the required standards.

God bless you.
Good
Re: How To Become A More Successful Student by Geosystem(m): 4:45am On May 22, 2020
EditorsPalace:

God bless you.

Thanks for typing this in response to my question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Name The Seven Brave Hunters In D O Fagunwa's Book / 2021 Admission Cut Off Marks: JAMB To Determine Candidates’ Fate Today / NUC Approves 29 New Programmes For Federal University, Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.