Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? (470 Views)

‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat. 02/09/2017) Is Your Conscience Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by herlecks(m): 6:44pm On May 10, 2019
Be Careful How You Treat Your Conscience!

If our conscience is actively involved in everything we do, this could only imply one thing, that we are mature Christians. The spiritual judges all things. Our conscience must guide every of our words, actions and thoughts, it must be fully involved in our activities and we must be willingly alive to it that it might guide us not to sin. Our conscience raises its voice immediately after we go wrong, sometimes the Spirit of God waits until we are attentive, this could be hours, days, weeks or months after our evil deed. One thing is certain, the Spirit of God does not generalize our sins, He points directly to them. He tells us directly through the conscience, "hey you did this and that during so so time and it is bad, and this is why it is bad," He is always specific and often uses the scripture to convict us.

The Holy Spirit does nothing apart from the word of God. If the conscience is silenced of its voice we put our self in grave danger, for the conscience could be completely seared or weakened if such denial continues. If our conscience dies how shall we be guided? How shall we be led by the Spirit? If we reject its voice how shall we be convicted of our wicked ways and iniquities? How shall we hear God's voice? Then we put our self in dangers of condemnation! Paul the apostle always gave heed to his conscience that he on many occasions attested, "for we have a clear conscience." The believer must always strive to have a good conscience, for if our conscience judges us then God judges us. If our conscience is clear it does not imply that we are pure, for God is greater than our conscience, but a pure conscience must always be maintained by the believer.

However, the conscience operates according to the current level of truth or revelation we have in us, this is why as we grow in knowledge we must continue to renew our mind, repent and drop some bad attitudes after conviction. Let us study to know what pleases God and strive after an active, pure and clean conscience. Contrary to some satanic teachings which declares our God-given conscience evil, that we must silence it, they are aimed at softening the conscience's voice so as to cut off man's walk with God. Believers should avoid teachings such as Calvinism, Once Saved Always Saved and other conscience wrecking satanic teachings. If there be a believer whose conscience is seared or dead, let such prayerfully with a readiness to obey God, study the scripture afresh in all simplicity to have a pure conscience once again. So far a teaching weakens the conscience even the slightest bit, it is false. Let us return to the basics of the scripture and study afresh that we might have our conscience working properly again.
Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:05pm On May 10, 2019
herlecks:
Be Careful How You Treat Your Conscience!

If our conscience is actively involved in everything we do, this could only imply one thing, that we are mature Christians. The spiritual judges all things. Our conscience must guide every of our words, actions and thoughts, it must be fully involved in our activities and we must be willingly alive to it that it might guide us not to sin. Our conscience raises its voice immediately after we go wrong, sometimes the Spirit of God waits until we are attentive, this could be hours, days, weeks or months after our evil deed. One thing is certain, the Spirit of God does not generalize our sins, He points directly to them. He tells us directly through the conscience, "hey you did this and that during so so time and it is bad, and this is why it is bad," He is always specific and often uses the scripture to convict us.

The Holy Spirit does nothing apart from the word of God. If the conscience is silenced of its voice we put our self in grave danger, for the conscience could be completely seared or weakened if such denial continues. If our conscience dies how shall we be guided? How shall we be led by the Spirit? If we reject its voice how shall we be convicted of our wicked ways and iniquities? How shall we hear God's voice? Then we put our self in dangers of condemnation! Paul the apostle always gave heed to his conscience that he on many occasions attested, "for we have a clear conscience." The believer must always strive to have a good conscience, for if our conscience judges us then God judges us. If our conscience is clear it does not imply that we are pure, for God is greater than our conscience, but a pure conscience must always be maintained by the believer.

However, the conscience operates according to the current level of truth or revelation we have in us, this is why as we grow in knowledge we must continue to renew our mind, repent and drop some bad attitudes after conviction. Let us study to know what pleases God and strive after an active, pure and clean conscience. Contrary to some satanic teachings which declares our God-given conscience evil, that we must silence it, they are aimed at softening the conscience's voice so as to cut off man's walk with God. Believers should avoid teachings such as Calvinism, Once Saved Always Saved and other conscience wrecking satanic teachings. If there be a believer whose conscience is seared or dead, let such prayerfully with a readiness to obey God, study the scripture afresh in all simplicity to have a pure conscience once again. So far a teaching weakens the conscience even the slightest bit, it is false. Let us return to the basics of the scripture and study afresh that we might have our conscience working properly again.

The Holy Spirit is not giving to convict us of sin but of righteousness always. He was not giving to point out what is wrong with you but what is right with you in Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is in us to tell us how righteous we are through the perfect work of Jesus Christ. We can only reign and live righteously, if we see and believe our righteousness in Christ.
Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by UceeGod: 9:20pm On May 10, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

The Holy Spirit is not giving to convict us of sin but of righteousness always. He was not giving to point out what is wrong with you but what is right with you in Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is in us to tell us how righteous we are through the perfect work of Jesus Christ. We can only reign and live righteously, if we see and believe our righteousness in Christ.

the voice of the Holy Spirit does convict (show) us when we are wrong so we may confess and repent. But the devil's voice is that of condemnation.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:36pm On May 10, 2019
UceeGod:

the voice of the Holy Spirit does convict (show) us when we are wrong so we may confess and repent. But the devil's voice is that of condemnation.

I don't believe in confessing of sins, but I believe in confessing my forgiveness and righteousness in Christ. I don't look at what is wrong with me, I only concern myself with what is right with me in Christ.

These lies my transformation.
Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by UceeGod: 11:21pm On May 10, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

I don't believe in confessing of sins, but I believe in confessing my forgiveness and righteousness in Christ. I don't look at what is wrong with me, I only concern myself with what is right with me in Christ.

1 John 1:9
How do you confess forgiveness without acknowledging your faults. Do you claim righteousness in Christ so you can go on committing the sins you've been forgiven? No my friend, GRACE doesn't work that way.

1 Like

Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by herlecks(m): 11:43pm On May 10, 2019
UceeGod:

How do you confess forgiveness without acknowledging your faults. Do you claim righteousness in Christ so you can go on committing the sins you've been forgiven? No my friend, GRACE doesn't work that way.
These are blinded by their false pastors who presents them with hyper grace messages. They don't really care to search scripture for truth, they feed on whatever their pastor gives them. It's all written over the brother's comments, the voice of his pastor who has an holy goat spirit, not Holy Spirit, in him convicting him of righteousness even when he commits an heinous crime.
Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by herlecks(m): 11:53pm On May 10, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

But the bible says to confess your sins that He is faithful and just to forgive you? and that godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation? How come you have a special grace of enjoying your little sins without repenting nor confessing them? If your grace does not make you false on your face and cry for help every time you sin, your conversion may need proper scrutiny (Jude 1:4), as demons do counterfeit these experiences, leaving one with a false assurance of salvation.
Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:59am On May 11, 2019
UceeGod:

I knew this will come up. When Apostle Paul confronted the Corinthian believers about their indecent act, he never asked them to confess any sin, rather he reminded them that their body is the temple of God and that God's Holy Spirit is living in them. lf confessing of sins is important to our Christian well-being he(Paul) would have hinted it even once in one of his letters to the church. Paul had so much revelation that he almost single handedly wrote the new testament that we using today.

Back to 1 John 1:9, John was not addressing believers here who have accepted and believed that through the precious blood of Jesus all their sins have been remitted. if he were, he will be contradicting himself. Because he also wrote that our sins have been forgiven us for his name sake ( referring to believers here), not for our confession sake. Meanwhile, can you or any else who believe the same thing as you, beat his/her chest and confirm that his confession of sins(lust, anger, lie, etc.) is �% up to date.

When you say the sinners prayer for the first time 1 John 1:9 is fulfilled in you.

My sins have been forgiven me for his name sake through his shed blood, my work is to believe that I have been forgiven.
Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2019
herlecks:
But the bible says to confess your sins that He is faithful and just to forgive you? and that godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation? How come you have a special grace of enjoying your little sins without repenting nor confessing them? If your grace does not make you false on your face and cry for help every time you sin, your conversion may need proper scrutiny (Jude 1:4), as demons do counterfeit these experiences, leaving one with a false assurance of salvation.

Yes the Bible said, but is the Bible saying it to you, that is if you are a believer in the finished work of Jesus Christ. The Bible said many things to many people in different circumstances. In all thy getting, get understanding.
Re: What If Your Conscience Condemns You Right Now? by herlecks(m): 9:04am On May 11, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

Yes the Bible said, but is the Bible saying it to you, that is if you are a believer in the finished work of Jesus Christ. The Bible said many things to many people in different circumstances. In all thy getting, get understanding.
I don't know any part of the scripture that was written to unbelievers, all was written to believers, the church. Or do you know any part?
If it applies to the believers then what or who makes you think it doesn't apply to you? If it doesn't apply to you, then salvation doesn't apply to you either since it happened back then, not in our time nor was it directed to Nigerians.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So where comes your theology? You will believe the fake words of your pastor above scripture? Scripture says to confess your sins in godly sorrow, and not continue in them.

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Your Top 10 Most Anointed Men In The World Now? / How TB Joshua's Prayers In Nazareth Saved Young Man From Murder, Suicide!!! / Catholics Don't Do What Is In The Bible. But Allow Their Wives To Preach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.