Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

I Need Advice Urgently And Please - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Advice Urgently And Please (472 Views)

Marketers Needed Urgently And Flyers Shares / Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? / I Need An Advice Urgently About Npower Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Urgently And Please by cribby: 9:17pm On May 10, 2019
Please a friend asked for my advice and I want to seek solution here.

"It seems employers find joy in treating staff as they please. As a fresh graduate out of school I got a job with an insurance company in Ikoyi and I felt fulfilled. After the training school we were fixed up in different units and so settling down wasn't difficult as my senior colleagues were always under pressure to deliver even irrelevant requests from the management so we had to double up and learn. This is a company that prides itself on social media as one that encourages work life balance but its the staff that would tell you better. Leaving the office with the staff bus at times isn't attainable, and if you are heading a unit leaving by 9pm is considered too early and even the pregnant women are not exempted.
Fast forward to two years later and no promotion yet, some of my colleagues were called upstairs and were asked to resign immediately or risk being sacked. This was really frightening to the rest of us because we were not aware of what yardstick was used considering the fact that the affected persons were known performers in their jobs.
I'm now over three years here now and today again some of us were asked to leave again without any justification. Some people who have served the company dutifully just dismissed like that.
My question is that is there any labour law available that can enable these persons that have been affected sue for damage or something."
Re: I Need Advice Urgently And Please by Kwamecron(m): 9:31pm On May 10, 2019
Am sure is not ur fathers campany and u cant be dere forever, just get prepared

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Urgently And Please by Akious2k2(m): 11:53pm On May 10, 2019
Kwamecron:
Am sure is not ur fathers campany and u cant be dere forever, just get prepared
Get prepared?
Read again... The OP's gone already
@OP, for what reason would you want to sue them?
Let's take it from there
Re: I Need Advice Urgently And Please by cribby: 5:34am On May 11, 2019
He's still there, but the pains and fears that theres no reason these staff were laid off and perhaps it may get to him soon has caused him to seek advice on if anything can be done to stop the menace.
Re: I Need Advice Urgently And Please by Nobody: 6:06am On May 11, 2019
Akious2k2:

Get prepared?
Read again... The OP's gone already
@OP, for what reason would you want to sue them?
Let's take it from there
hahahaha that's funny, Op is gone already, chaii grin

Anyway "Oga takuology" it's not your popsy's company, asking you to resign honorably may come with benefits, what of if they just sack you without benefits. Now is the time for you to start saving and look how you can diversify, create your own business or look for another company to hire you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Current Job In Lagos Apply Before It Closes / Vacancy For An Hr Officer (job Ref: Chro-1) / Nigeria Customs Past Questions Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.