Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? (753 Views)

Video Of President Buhari Playing Football In Aso Rock Goes Viral / True Federalism Is The Only Way Out - Eze Christopher Wonodi JP / True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by TooMuchStuff: 11:00pm On May 10, 2019
Just watched Channel news that Buhari wants true federalism at last.

Do you trust BuhariApC enough to enable true/fiscal federalism to operate fully in Nigeria?

His antecedents suggest otherwise.... In my view

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by Queenboy123(m): 11:06pm On May 10, 2019
Maybe we shouldn't be pessimistic, rather we should be optimistic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by otosa(m): 8:08am On May 11, 2019
I think the True Federalism the Mr. President is talking about is totally seen to appear from what Nigerians have in mind. Because, to my own opinion, this issue of True Federalism suppose to address before implementation of #30, 000 minimum wage and Autonomy to Local Government. Thus, for now its only Mr. President knows what is has in mind and what is mean by True Federalism.
Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by TooMuchStuff: 12:29pm On May 11, 2019
Queenboy123:
Maybe we shouldn't be pessimistic, rather we should be optimistic
Well I think BuhariApC can't implement true federalism since Buhari is 100% pro north and 0% south especially SS n SE, he will only play around the subject and corner everything back to his Hausafulani Muslim regions as usual!

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by smokinloud(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Well I think BuhariApC can't implement true federalism since Buhari is 100% pro north and 0% south especially SS n SE, he will only play around the subject and corner everything back to his Hausafulani Muslim regions as usual!

alaye why you hate PMB this much na

Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by Queenboy123(m): 4:32pm On May 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

I don't buy into that, because in the last 20 years of Democratic dispensation, we have experienced a barrage of leaders and none has practiced true Federalism, so if Buhari says he wants to, then we all should assist him in making it a reality, other than citing ethnic and religious differences.
Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by TooMuchStuff: 8:50pm On May 11, 2019
Queenboy123:

I don't buy into that, because in the last 20 years of Democratic dispensation, we have experienced a barrage of leaders and none has practiced true Federalism, so if Buhari says he wants to, then we all should assist him in making it a reality, other than citing ethnic and religious differences.

How do u expect the poor north to survive when each region would retain it's revenue and oil proceeds to itself and only pay tax to the centre.?
Lagos and ND are the main sources of funding for the nation. So what would be the fate of the extreme poor north if the south keep it resources (o itself.
Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by Queenboy123(m): 8:52pm On May 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

How do u expect the poor north to survive when each region would retain it's revenue and oil proceeds to itself and only pay tax to the centre.?
Lagos and ND are the main sources of funding for the nation. So what would be the fate of the extreme poor north if the south keep it resources (o itself.

They still have some farm produce
Re: True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? by TooMuchStuff: 11:00am On May 12, 2019
Queenboy123:

They still have some farm produce

The south has more agricultural potential than the so called North. Cash crops do better with southern climate

(1) (Reply)

Breaking:fayemi Sacks Aide For Announcing Registration Of Herdsmen In Ekiti / Details Of Tinubu’s Meeting With Buhari, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia / The Resignation Of Hannah Ogunnis, And Appoints Agimbe Wife Of Hallelujah As A N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.