Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari (1250 Views)

'some States'll Die If We Embrace True Federalism' / True Federalism Is The Only Way Out - Eze Christopher Wonodi JP / True Federalism : Is Buhari Playing With Our Minds ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by sarrki(m): 8:32pm On May 11, 2019
4'
President Muhammadu Buhari
True federalism a must now —Buhari
•Most Nigerian leaders buy their way to power —Okorocha

LATEST NEWSTOP NEWS
By Leon Usigbe | Abuja
On May 11, 2019
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has harped on the need for true federalism at this time of Nigeria’s democratic development.

He made the assertion on Friday after receiving an award of appreciation from the Progressive Governors Forum at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He stressed that it was necessary to build bridges across divides for the sake of an indivisible country.

“We remain committed to improving the welfare of the Nigerian people. Your Excellencies, it will be belabouring the point to say that true federalism is necessary at this juncture of our political and democratic evolution.

“At a time when a few privileged individuals and groups have chosen to exploit and manipulate the ethnic and religious fault for seeking personal and partisan advantage, we need to build bridges across the different divides and instill faith in the unity and indivisibility of one Nigeria,” he said.

President Buhari appreciated the governors’ gesture in conferring the award on him, describing it as a reflection of the collective commitment of the state and federal governments to work harmoniously to find solutions to the developmental challenges facing the country

He acknowledged the All Progressives Congress (APC) governors’ contributions to the political, economic, social and cultural development of the country, saying that economic growth and competitiveness of nations depended on the harmonious collaboration of all the tiers of government, particularly in a federal setup like Nigeria.

“Hence, against the backdrop of the challenges we have been passing through as a nation arising from past economic and political mismanagement, we must feel justifiably proud to have contributed actively in getting Nigeria back on track in the last four years, in human and infrastructure development,” President Buhari stated.

More in Home

900 child ‘soldiers’ freed in North East —UNICEF

Inaugurate Kokori as NSITF chair if your hands are clean, Delta APC challenges Ngige

Insecurity: FG to collapse security operations into ‘Operation Octopus’

Buhari felicitates with ex-Namibian President Nujoma at 90

Gombe Easter tragedy victims discharged from hospital
He called on the state governments to be a strong pillar of support for his administration’s anti-corruption agenda, as well as continued support for its programmes of social protection, school feeding programme and other policies geared towards human capital development.

He said going forward, they must all work together towards building a socially cohesive society in which the resources of the country work for all.

“We will continue to apply public funds in such a way that no section of the country or segment of the population suffers social exclusion.

“You are all quite aware that insecurity has remained a big challenge for us all. We are determined to face this challenge and secure the country more than ever before. While the protection of lives and property is a primary responsibility of government; it is also incumbent on the citizens to share in this responsibility, as security is a collective responsibility,” the president added.

While calling on all Nigerians to continue to have faith in the country, Buhari told the APC governors that the country was on a renewed growth trajectory.

Citizenship: Buhari, APC’s claim vindicates me on fake election result ― Atiku
He said: “Accordingly, we will do everything within our powers to sustain the current economic recovery efforts.

“We will continue to reinforce our macroeconomic policies to achieve sustainable economic stability and growth.

“We will also continue to ensure the growth comes along with more jobs and a fair and just distribution of the national wealth. Your continued cooperation in this regard is very vital.”

The president wondered what would have happened to the country if the opposition did not come together to seize power from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which he accused of frittering away the nation’s wealth.

According to him, the opposition came to save the country.

He therefore urged them to maintain the confidence of their “constituencies.”

The president said he was humbled by the award, saying: “It is a further reminder for me to continue to dedicate my life and my time to serving the Nigerian people. Thank you all for your attention.”

The chairman of the Progressive Governors Forum and governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, explained that the award to Buhari was in devotion to his “visionary leadership.”

The governor added: “Mr President, let me be personal with you this morning. The truth is and you may not know that you are a God-given asset to this nation. I am not saying so for the purpose of flattery or praise singing.

“I have observed all categories of leaders in this country, but you seem to have distinguished yourself for this onerous reason. Most of the leaders in this country are those who either buy their love, fame or political position but in your own case you don’t spend one naira and you have love come your way, you have leadership come your way. I have to say that you are destined by God to govern this country

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/210949/
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by sarrki(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2019
Baba please return us to real federalism

N your name will be forever be in gold
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:43pm On May 11, 2019
I wish buhari is aljve to read the stupid post you pasted

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by Amuocha: 8:45pm On May 11, 2019
"At a time when a few privileged individuals and groups have chosen to exploit and manipulate the ethnic and religious fault for seeking personal and partisan advantage, we need to build bridges across the different divides and instill faith in the unity and indivisibility of one Nigeria,” he said.

- Tinubu sef angry
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by hungryboy(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2019
This man even sabi the meaning of Federalism sef?
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by aolawale025: 8:55pm On May 11, 2019
Depends on his interpretation of "true federalism"
Let's see how it goes
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by 175(m): 9:00pm On May 11, 2019
sarrki:
Baba please return us to real federalism

N your name will be forever be in gold

Orueeh. . .howfar na? Abi na ékpa sef? Longtime ooo

Your copy n paste dey disjointed.

Arrange am wella
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by orion7: 9:06pm On May 11, 2019
I dint believe it
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by orion7: 9:10pm On May 11, 2019
buhari is a cow. but if he does this then he would have proved me wrong

1 Like

Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by sarrki(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2019
orion7:
buhari is a cow. but if he does this then he would have proved me wrong

I tried so hard to educate fools

But some are irredeemable

You are one of them
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 11, 2019
sarrki:
[s]Baba please return us to real federalism

N your name will be forever be in gold[/s]

AM VERY SURE YOU AND YOUR LIFELESS BABA DONT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF FEDERALISM TALKLESS OF THE REAL ONE!

3 Likes

Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by boldaslion: 9:28pm On May 11, 2019
orion7:
I dint believe it

He should tell that to the zombies

One Nigeria where oil in Niger Delta belongs to the north and gold in the north also belongs to the north.

The so-called Niger deltans singing one Nigeria are the most foolish useful idiots

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by sarrki(m): 10:41pm On May 11, 2019
obiekunie1:

AM VERY SURE YOU AND YOUR LIFELESS BABA DONT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF FEDERALISM TALKLESS OF THE REAL ONE!

You need a physiotherapist
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by Samyj247: 10:48pm On May 11, 2019
guys don't be deceived. Buhari is just trying to play with the minds of Nigerians so they will accept his may induction as the president. if you all notice, buhari Is saying nice things now so as to deceive u all in thinking that things will change. they know they stole Atikus mandate so they are trying to win Nigerians heart with Crookery and deceitful words. Don't be fooled guys. mayhem is about to be unleashed by buhari and his Fulani this time. We must not be deceived and allow this to happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by goodnessme1(f): 10:52pm On May 11, 2019
story
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 11, 2019
sarrki:

You need a physiotherapist

YOU SIR! URGENTLY NEED A PSYCHIATRIST!

IF I MAY ASK SIR! HOW DID U COME ACROSS THE WORD PHYSIOTHERAPIST??

BASED ON YOUR LOW LEVEL OF LITERACY, ITS REALLY AMAZING TO KNOW YOU HAVE SUCH WORD IN YOUR VOCABULARY - SUCH WORD MUST HAVE REALLY OVERLOADED YOUR BRAIN CELLS. undecided
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by orion7: 6:19am On May 12, 2019
sarrki:

I tried so hard to educate fools
But some are irredeemable
You are one of them
your miserable father is the fool. not me
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2019
We hear ooo
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by sarrki(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2019
orion7:
your miserable father is the fool. not me

You lack home training
Re: True Federalism Is A Must Now —muhammadu Buhari by orion7: 1:09pm On May 12, 2019
sarrki:

You lack home training
for insulting my father

your father is foolish

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This Hilarious Photo Of Senator Dino Melaye / DSS Agents In Hooded Masks, Storm COZA Headquarters / Mandela: The Hitler Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.