Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport (679 Views)

Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport / German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / Can You Travel From UK To Nigeria On Expired Nigerian Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport by Kyankee101: 12:02am On May 11, 2019
Hey guys I would be traveling to Nigeria on my expired Nigeria passport. I also have my American passport. I paid for the renewal of the Nigeria passport but the embassy did not have the paper. The closest embassy to me which is Atlanta don’t have it. But they say New York does but I can’t make it to New York which would take weeks as I have an emergency travel. I wanted to know if anybody have recently done this in the last few months and what difficulties they faced. I called the airline they will board me so that isn’t a problem. PLS KNOWLEDGEABLE ADVISE welcomed.
Re: Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport by Nobody: 12:27am On May 11, 2019
i think there is a certificate which the embassy can give to you...i have forgotten the name but most Nigerian illegals in foreign countries when they wanna return home are given these certificate..it helps them to exist faster at the gate of exist in the airport you are flying from.

yes, I remember now..go to the Nigerian embassy and ask for Emergency Travel Certificate, it will help you
Re: Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport by Cyberknight: 8:02am On May 11, 2019
Kyankee101:
Hey guys I would be traveling to Nigeria on my expired Nigeria passport. I also have my American passport. I paid for the renewal of the Nigeria passport but the embassy did not have paper any the closest embassy with is Atlanta but can’t make it to New York which would take weeks as I have an emergency travel. I wanted to know if anybody have recently done this in the last few months and what difficulties they faced. I called the airline they will board me so that isn’t a problem. PLS KNOWLEDGEABLE ADVISE welcomed.

I believe they will board you. A friend of mine in your exact same situation (U.S. dual citizen, unable to renew Nigerian passport) was let in last year. With your proof that you are a Nigerian citizen, plus the fact that Nigeria has a visa on arrival scheme so your U.S. passport can get you entry, you will be allowed to board.

Basically, Nigeria is not in a class of countries taken seriously when it comes to such immigration issues and I think the chances of Immigration refusing you entry and fining the airline are slim to non-existent.
Re: Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport by Kyankee101: 8:33am On May 11, 2019
That great news. I Feel much better hearing that.

Cyberknight:

I believe they will board you. A friend of mine in your exact same situation (U.S. dual citizen, unable to renew Nigerian passport) was let in last year. With your proof that you are a Nigerian citizen, plus the fact that Nigeria has a visa on arrival scheme so your U.S. passport can get you entry, you will be allowed to board.

Basically, Nigeria is not in a class of countries taken seriously when it comes to such immigration issues and I think the chances of Immigration refusing you entry and fining the airline are slim to non-existent.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport by Nobody: 10:21am On May 11, 2019
Kyankee101:
That great news. I Feel much better hearing that.

you better ask for information with the Nigerian embassy before traveling, you will be shocked at the point of entry that you will be denied entry with an expired Nigerian passport... because of security concerns, you will be able to board the plane but how do you enter nigeria..you better get your emergency certificate if you have no valid Nigerian visa on your US passport ....

to obtain a visa on arrival on your US passport, you will need a Visa on Arrival Approval Letter from the Nigerian embassy.
Re: Traveling To Nigeria On Expired Passport by select500: 5:39pm On May 14, 2019
Kyankee101:
Hey guys I would be traveling to Nigeria on my expired Nigeria passport. I also have my American passport. I paid for the renewal of the Nigeria passport but the embassy did not have the paper. The closest embassy to me which is Atlanta don’t have it. But they say New York does but I can’t make it to New York which would take weeks as I have an emergency travel. I wanted to know if anybody have recently done this in the last few months and what difficulties they faced. I called the airline they will board me so that isn’t a problem. PLS KNOWLEDGEABLE ADVISE welcomed.

Hello Kyankee101,

Your best option is to apply for a Nigerian Visiting Visa, which will be stamped on your American passport. (Or get the Emergency Travel Certificate).

Go online and check for the "OIS Services" page, they are the official partners of the Nigerian Embassy in the U.S., and they will forward your application to the Nigerian Embassy in Atlanta.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Get To Osogbo From Owerri? / For How Long Exactly Have (black) Africans Been Migrating From Africa? / Meet The Luckiest Person In The World Who Survived Titanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.