Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,639 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola (14505 Views)

Suggest A Mobile App That Has Been Helpful To You / At What Age Should A Child Be Allowed To Have A Mobile Phone With Internet? / A Nairalander Built A Mobile Phone Charger (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola by Nowenuse: 7:51pm On May 12, 2019
Naajjii:

What is come to Taraba and Adamawa? Someone just found first hand evidence of you people wearing leaf grin and now you are trying to transfer it to Adamawa and Taraba people. Where in Taraba or Adamawa do they wear leaf ?

Nupeci. You know nothing about Gongola. Focus on Bida emirate. This area is neighbouring to my state.
Where were you when Koma people were discovered nakedd in Adamawa hills in Ganye LGA some years ago with leaves?
Ask natives of Adamawa they will tell you that there are some tribes who still live uncivilized on the moutains. Many mumuyes and other tribes of Taraba north started wearing clothes in the 80s and even up to the early 90s.

I know Gongola like the back of my hand.

1 Like

Re: 30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola by Naajjii: 8:09pm On May 12, 2019
Nowenuse:

Nupeci. You know nothing about Gongola. Focus on Bida emirate. This area is neighbouring to my state.
Where were you when Koma people were discovered nakedd in Adamawa hills in Ganye LGA some years ago with leaves?
Ask natives of Adamawa they will tell you that there are some tribes who still live uncivilized on the moutains. Many mumuyes and other tribes of Taraba north started wearing clothes in the 80s and even up to the early 90s.

I know Gongola like the back of my hand.
Since plateau shares border with Gongola, it's possible those ethnic people overlap into plateau.
Re: 30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola by Nowenuse: 12:06am On May 13, 2019
Naajjii:

Since plateau shares border with Gongola, it's possible those ethnic people overlap into plateau.

No, Plateau was much more open. Plateau had some very early and better widespread contact with missionaries compared to Gongola. We also do not have special mountaineous areas. You are either on the Plateau or on the lowland. No large mountains on the lowland like you have in Adamawa. Everywhere was reached. Gongola is just too vast with a lower population density. Very very big land with too many interior areas.
The closeness of Bauchi also made sure some Plateau tribes were already exposed and trading widely before the colonialists came.

Besides Niger state have more interior lately reached areas just like Adamawa. Many tribes in Kainji axis kept worshipping idols and living uncivilized into the 21st century. I have a friend who is a missionary in Rafi, Rijau, Mariga, Agwara axis and surprisingly so many communities there never come across missionaries up until some years ago. Very interior areas.
Re: 30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola by alexxo11(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2019
Sard:

Oga, it's a lie. He can't just bring out statistics from nowhere and shove it into a face like that.
Most villages have residents or relatives of residents who use phones and can show them what phones look like.
The lie would be quite believable if he had said 30 million Nigerians have never "used" phones.
grin grin grin grin grin lie ke??do you know what it means to be the poverty capital of the worldlemme explain more than half of nigerians are living with less than a dollar a day.it is very possible.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! / How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times / NCC Begins Number Portability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.