Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

‘my Sad Encounter With A Policeman’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘my Sad Encounter With A Policeman’ (265 Views)

Viral Video Of A Policeman Arresting His Twin Brother (Pictures/Video) / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures / A Soldier In Uniform Beaten By A Policeman In Mufti At ATM In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘my Sad Encounter With A Policeman’ by shehuolayinka(m): 5:33am On May 11, 2019
Award winning and investigative reporter, Kunle Faleye has shared a sad and troubling encounter he had in Lagos with an officer of the Nigerian Police force.

The BBC reporter made this known in a series of tweets on his official twitter handle.

See his tweets below…

I had an encounter with a policeman today and it further reinforces my belief that we are in deep shit in this country. It wasn’t the usually hostile police encounter. It was actually one friendly one. Here’s what happened.

I sat down at my mechanic’s listening to music with headphones on and a policeman tapped me. I immediately sized him up. A lot of things jumped at me as very strange the moment he tapped me.

First of all, this man was one of the most polite policemen I have encountered this year. Believe me, there are many good policemen around. But it still feels strange when one approaches you with politeness.

I have come across policemen who would refuse to be polite even when they are asking your for “something for pure water”.

Read more: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/05/10/my-sad-encounter-with-a-policeman/

(1) (Reply)

Gateman and driver engage in a bitter fight over seniority in Ikoyi. / Residents Of A Community Attack PHCN Staff, Trip Off Ladder / How Lagos State Alcohol Licensing Officers Illegally Duped Bar Owner Of Over N8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.