Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season (12478 Views)

Reece James Named Chelsea FC Captain / Mikel Obi Named Chelsea’s Youngest Centurion Ahead Of Terry, Mount, Others / De Bruyne: I Only Spoke To Mourinho Twice As A Chelsea Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by ekensi01: 1:27pm On May 11, 2019
Rubbish
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 11, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Hazard is not a striker.... Why keep calling him a striker?
What are Giroud and Higuain ?... Goal keepers ...

Formation 4-3-3,the three players upfront are what? grin grin

That is why you Chelsea fans need to respect Salah,he has done what hazard can never do in his life,and has scored more goals in a season than Drogba,Anelka,Aguero,Henry,Rooney,Andy Cole,Owen etc from the wings....

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by KidsNEXTdoor: 1:49pm On May 11, 2019
Totogokillme:

That is why you Chelsea fans need to respect Salah,he has done what hazard can never do in his life,and has scored more goals in a season than Drogba,Anelka,Aguero,Henry,Rooney,Andy Cole,Owen etc from the wings....

You know nothing about football...
Nobody plays three strikers Up front
For three Up front.. Someone must come from the wings to attack and also track back to support the defenders...
Strikers don't do that ...

Why are you comparing sallah and Hazard?
They don't play the same position

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 11, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

You know nothing about football...
Nobody plays three strikers Up front
For three Up front.. Someone must come from the wings to attack and also track back to support the defenders...
Strikers don't do that ...

Why are you comparing sallah and Hazard?
They don't play the same position

Did hazard not play as a false 9 several times this season when him,Willian on the left and Pedro on the right(who is striking then grin).....they both play as a winger....man!!! Stop trying to justify hazard poor goals return,he is a winger just like mane,Salah,neymar,mbappe etc......

if he eventually moves to Madrid,he will be worse than bale,those toxic and unforgiving Madrid fans will jump on his back easily and quickly....he will be judge by goals and will be seen as Ronaldo replacement and 12 goals will be termed a failure cos Ramos no go leave penalties for am,lai-laigrin grin
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by iphanyi10(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2019
No ceremony should have been held, they should have gathered all available awards for the season and mailed it to his house it would safe everyone stress and time.

to say those Chelsea players aside hazard and kante have been shambolic and useless this season is to say the very least!!!
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 2:52pm On May 11, 2019
Totogokillme:

You dey watch ball so undecided........hazard na winger/false 9.....shebi when season start,him dey rake and dey throw jibes at mourinho and Conte say he is now playing under an attacking manager and he will score 40 goals plus.....

shebi Salah and mane na striker now.....you guys judge Salah with goals and called him finish and one season wonder when his goals didn't come.....

You are wrong. Hazard is a an attacking midfielder (LMF) by default. He is comparable to Kaka, Ronaldinho, Isco and Coutinho; not Neymar, Salah and Bale that are all LWF/SS/RWF respectively.

Hazard is the world's best attacking midfielder. Perhaps, Messi is the only more rounded player than Hazard.

I urge you to go and do your research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Hipprocrates(m): 2:56pm On May 11, 2019
Totogokillme:

[quotstiil it diesnt maje salah better than all the names you have mentioned.

Don't even compare salah with hazard...hazard is aboss to him.euthor=Totogokillme post=78299895]

[/quote]
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You are wrong. Hazard is a an attacking midfielder (LMF) by default. He is comparable to Kaka, Ronaldinho, Isco and Coutinho; not Neymar, Salah and Bale that are all LWF/SS/RWF respectively.

Hazard is the world's best attacking midfielder. Perhaps, Messi is the only more rounded player than Hazard.

I urge you to go and do your research.

You don't watch Chelsea games then......if you say that then where does kovacic/Barkley/Rlc play or Kante play.....you do realise hazard has played as a false 9 also this season and under different coachesgrin
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2019
Totogokillme:

You don't have an in-depth understanding of football. Formation does not determine what position a player plays. Hazard is an attacking midfielder that operates from the left (LMF). In the Liverpool setup, Salah is the striker - yes. Firminho only operates as a false-nine to bring Salah into play. This is comparable to the role Ronaldo plays on the pitch. On paper, it may appear as though he is a winger (LWF), but, in operation, no player plays further than Ronaldo.

You see, you need to understand that things usually go deeper than they seem. For example, I have seen a lot of people (even football pundits) err on this Chelsea-Jorginho issue. Sarri sets Chelsea up in the 4-3-3, but it has to be understood that there is no space for a defensive midfielder (DMF "4"wink in the Chelsea setup. What Chelsea has is the 'regista', a "6"; an inverted "10" kind of. The role of a regista is to dictate play at the base and facilitate the pivotal playing-from-the-back. The role of a regista is not to give assists and score goals - no! Pirlo was a regista.

So, formation does not mean so much, it is the roles each player takes within play that matters. On paper, Firminho is a striker, but in real play, he only supports (SS) both Salah and Mane.

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by BabaO2: 3:08pm On May 11, 2019
ThankYouGod:
Giroud deserves it more.
Kai
What an insult, an arsenal surplus to requirement
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 3:16pm On May 11, 2019
Totogokillme:

You don't watch Chelsea games then......if you say that then where does kovacic/Barkley/Rlc play or Kante play.....you do realise hazard has played as a false 9 also this season and under different coachesgrin

Bro, it does not matter whether Sarri experimented with him as a false-nine or not. C'mon, John Terry had once manned the goal post. Mikell Obi too had once played as a CB - it does not change much.

Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Barkley and Kante are all central midfielders (LCM and RCM). Chelsea no longer plays with a defensive midfielder (DMF) - the '4' - and that is why Kante has been shifted to the right side of the midfield. Liverpool plays the 4-3-3 too, but theirs is with a traditional number 4.

Bottomline is that no two formations are operated same way.

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Xander07(m): 3:24pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You don't have an in-depth understanding of football. Formation does not determine what position a player plays. Hazard is an attacking midfielder that operates from the left (LMF). In the Liverpool setup, Salah is the striker - yes. Firminho only operates as a false-nine to bring Salah into play. This is comparable to the role Ronaldo plays on the pitch. On paper, it may appear as though he is a winger (LWF), but, in operation, no player plays further than Ronaldo.

You see, you need to understand that things usually go deeper than they seem. For example, I have seen a lot of people (even football pundits) err on this Chelsea-Jorginho issue. Sarri sets Chelsea up in the 4-3-3, but it has to be understood that there is no space for a defensive midfielder (DMF "4"wink in the Chelsea setup. What Chelsea has is the 'regista', a "6"; an inverted "10" kind of. The role of a regista is to dictate play at the base and facilitate the pivotal playing-from-the-back. The role of a regista is not to give assists and score goals - no! Pirlo was a regista.

So, formation does not mean so much, it is the roles each player takes within play that matters. On paper, Firminho is a striker, but in real play, he only supports (SS) both Salah and Mane.
This is long talk... Chelsea plays the 4-3-3 formation and hazard start as one of the front three same with salah only that salah plays from the right(RWF) while hazard plays 4rm the left(LWF)
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 3:58pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

This is long talk... Chelsea plays the 4-3-3 formation and hazard start as one of the front three same with salah only that salah plays from the right(RWF) while hazard plays 4rm the left(LWF)

It is not my responsibility to spoon-feed you. Stew on in whatever.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Xander07(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

It is not my responsibility to spoon-feed you. Stew on in whatever.
How?.... Everybody who has eyes and watches chelsea match will know what am talking about
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

How?.... Everybody who has eyes and watches chelsea match will know what am talking about

Review an issue before you put in your submission. I have already addressed that in my earlier posts. Just read up my earlier posts.

Coutinho too has been played on the left flank and that does not make him an attacker or a winger. He is by default a LMF just like Hazard. Coutinho was targeted to replace Iniesta (Iniesta, on some occasions, was also shifted to the wings).

Both Fernandinho and Jorginho play in the middle of the midfield pack in a 4-3-3, but one is a traditional number 4 (the destroyer and tackler), while the other is a number 6 (the regista and pivot). How else do I explain this? Positions and roles, though same on paper, differ in operation.

1 Like

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Hortland6530: 4:56pm On May 11, 2019
Isorite
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Xander07(m): 5:02pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Review an issue before you put in your submission. I have already addressed that in my earlier posts. Just read up my earlier posts.

Coutinho too has been played on the left flank and that does not make him an attacker or a winger. He is by default a LMF just like Hazard. Coutinho was targeted to replace Iniesta (Iniesta, on some occasions, was also shifted to the wings).

Both Fernandinho and Jorginho play in the middle of the midfield pack in a 4-3-3, but one is a traditional number 4 (the destroyer and tackler), while the other is a number 6 (the regista and pivot). How else do I explain this? Positions and roles, though same on paper, differ in operation.
This is premier league official site that state that hazard is a forward bt i should not believe them because you(world best in football matters) says another thing
https://www.premierleague.com/players/4503/Eden-Hazard/overview
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 5:11pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

This is premier league official site that state that hazard is a forward bt i should not believe them because you(world best in football matters) says another thing

"Primarily playing as an attacking midfielder and as a wide midfielder, Hazard is known for his creativity, speed, dribbling and excellent passing.[4][5] He has earned critical acclaim for his playing style, with the media, coaches, and players drawing comparisons to Ballon d'Or winners Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo,[6][7][8][9] and Hazard is widely considered one of the best players in the world.[10][11][12][13][14]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_Hazard
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 5:17pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

If you checked the current profile of Victor Moses, it would identify him as a defender. Is Victor Moses a defender? That is my point.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 5:25pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

Eden is primarily an attacking midfielder (LMF), he plays every other role secondarily.

Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Xander07(m): 5:27pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

"Primarily playing as an attacking midfielder and as a wide midfielder, Hazard is known for his creativity, speed, dribbling and excellent passing.[4][5] He has earned critical acclaim for his playing style, with the media, coaches, and players drawing comparisons to Ballon d'Or winners Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo,[6][7][8][9] and Hazard is widely considered one of the best players in the world.[10][11][12][13][14]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_Hazard
Wikipedia that can be tamper with by any fucking.. Smh
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Xander07(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Eden is primarily an attacking midfielder (LMF), he plays every other role secondarily.
Is hazard playing among the front three in chelsea current squad... If yes, then he is a fucking foward playing from the left hand side.. If no, show me were he has been for the last 3 season
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Toluhwanie(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2019
nepapole:
Before nko....whoelse wan win am with all those useless players except Kante sha.
Mumu! So RLC,Rudiger and Azpiliceuta too are rubbish abi??
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

Wikipedia that can be tamper with by any fucking.. Smh

I am well aware of the fact that Wikipedia can be edited. But you at least saw the other data from Pro Evolution Soccer website that rightly categorized him as an LMF (left-flanked attacking midfielder).

It is of recent that this even came in dispute on some fora. On older sites and databases, Eden Hazard was always classified as an attacking midfielder. His recent classification as a forward is due to the rather recent experimentation with him as a false-nine - an experiment that has largely failed. Willian too is PRIMARILY an attacking midfielder. You can see their first instinct whenever the ball comes is to pull players to themselves or set up the ball for a proper forward. Contrast this to that of a player like Pedro, whose first instinct is to take a try at goal.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 5:42pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

Is hazard playing among the front three in chelsea current squad... If yes, then he is a fucking foward playing from the left hand side.. If no, show me were he has been for the last 3 season

You can't know much with your mindset. I have told you to stop taking things at face value. I cited many examples but yet you remain adamant. Jorginho, Pirlo, Makelele and Matic would always be in the middle of the pack in a 4-3-3 formation (on paper), but, essentially, they play different roles in the team. Pirlo and Jorginho are inverted creators (Regista), while Makelele and Matic are traditional defensive midfielders - Jorg and Pirlo are NEVER defensive midfielders, they are inverted creators. Why don't you just check up the term 'regista' (that's how to learn).

Both Suarez and Firminho would always be at the very top of the spear as first-line forwards (especially in a 4-3-3), but any body with an average knowledge of football would tell you that one is a striker (Suarez), while the other is a supporting striker (Firminho) - but they take the same position on paper.

There was a point earlier in the season when Manchester city lined up in a 4-3-3 on paper, but, in reality, they were playing a three-man defense (3-4-3 sort of). I urge you still to go and do your research. This is quite open.
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Xander07(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

I am well aware of the fact that Wikipedia can be edited. But you at least saw the other data from Pro Evolution Soccer website that rightly categorized him as an LMF (left-flanked attacking midfielder).

It is of recent that this even came in dispute on some fora. On older sites and databases, Eden Hazard was always classified as an attacking midfielder. His recent classification as a forward is due to the rather recent experimentation with him as a false-nine - an experiment that has largely failed. Willian too is PRIMARILY an attacking midfielder. You can see their first instinct whenever the ball comes is to pull players to themselves or set up the ball for a proper forward. Contrast this to that of a player like Pedro, whose first instinct is to take a try at goal.
I get what you been trying to say.... Players lyk ronaldo(LMF) and ramos(RB) started playing roles different from the one they play 2day same with hazard bt u don't see dem been refer to with their former role
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by Xander07(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You can't know much with your mindset. I have told you to stop taking things at face value. I cited many examples but yet you remain adamant. Jorginho, Pirlo, Makelele and Matic would always be in the middle of the pack in a 4-3-3 formation (on paper), but, essentially, they play different roles in the team. Pirlo and Jorginho are inverted creators (Regista), while Makelele and Matic are traditional defensive midfielders - Jorg and Pirlo are NEVER defensive midfielders, they are inverted creators. Why don't you just check up the term 'regista' (that's how to learn).

Both Suarez and Firminho would always be at the very top of the spear as first-line forwards (especially in a 4-3-3), but any body with an average knowledge of football would tell you that one is a striker (Suarez), while the other is a supporting striker (Firminho) - but they take the same position on paper.

There was a point earlier in the season when Manchester city lined up in a 4-3-3 on paper, but, in reality, they were playing a three-man defense (3-4-3 sort of). I urge you still to go and do your research. This is quite open.
Long talk... Yes or no is ok for me
Re: Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season by FemiMaduka(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2019
Xander07:

Long talk... Yes or no is ok for me

Bye. I have indulged you enough.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Daniel Amokachi's Wife And Handsome Twins / Oshoala Set For Maiden Women's El Clasico As Barcelona Face 'Real Madrid'. / Roger Federer Wins 100th ATP Tour Singles Title (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.