Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,144 members, 7,953,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:12 PM

Why I Embarked On Racism Fight – Raheem Sterling - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Embarked On Racism Fight – Raheem Sterling (222 Views)

Raheem Sterling Speaks On Racism Over George Floyd's Death / Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) / Raheem Sterling’s Car Collection (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Embarked On Racism Fight – Raheem Sterling by MhizMuna: 7:25am On May 11, 2019
Raheem Sterling has said he did not set out to become a leading figure in the fight against racism but is grateful for the support he has received since speaking out on the issue.

The Manchester City forward was presented with the Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year award on Thursday.Sterling, 24, has also won praise for challenging the media’s coverage of black footballers and said it is positive that his message has been taken on board.

“It is not something I was trying to do for people to see me as this person that is trying to lead the way,” Sterling told Sky Sports News. “I was just trying to raise a point and I thought it was a valid point at the time and my voice needed to be heard.

https://www./2019/05/why-i-embarked-on-racism-fight-raheem-sterling.html

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Dominique
Cc mynd44
Cc Seun

CC honeric01, CC semid4lyfe

(1) (Reply)

Live Football - Inter Milan Vs Chievo - 13th May 2019 - Serie A / What Sports Do You Play? / Lewis Hamilton Wins 2019 Monaco Grand Prix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.